Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that's the thing. the last trailer pretty much laid out the whole film. I hate that! I'm staying clear untill it's out. Hopefully me and my mate Patch will be able to go see it on a man date. haha.

Yeah, you should steer well clear of this trailer, haha. I hope that this doesn't turn out to be one of the "all the best bits of the film are in this trailer" occasions. If it does...I'll hang myself.

AvP taught me nothing. :(

Just read that Trek review, what is with everyone going on about Bromance nowadays?

All in all im hyped for going to see it tomorrow. Abrams seems to have pulled off the so called impossible. I just hope it does well box office wise.

Yeah other than the first main T4 trailer, I'm not watching any of the others.

Same with Transformers 2, just the first main trailer to see how it's looking.

I'm fed up with trailers showing too much.

Yeah, trailers just end up ruining things a lot these days. I'm much more of a fan of "teasers", which literally show you a few seconds of something and leave you wanting more. A great example if the teaser trailer for Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader. My favourite to date. :)

I need my Terminator fix. Although, you are right, this trailer basically shows you the plot for the film...or at least for me anyway. A lot of this footage is stuff that has existed in earlier trailers, so you're best off not looking at any if you want to stay pure.

tbh though by the time you actually see the film, you will have forgotten most of what was in the trailer anyway so it won't matter that much, also Arnie was in it, John Connor was talking to him near the end of the trailer "you killed etc etc but you won't kill me..." was that not Arnie he was talking to? :hmm:

tbh though by the time you actually see the film, you will have forgotten most of what was in the trailer anyway so it won't matter that much, also Arnie was in it, John Connor was talking to him near the end of the trailer "you killed etc etc but you won't kill me..." was that not Arnie he was talking to? :hmm:

Im pretty sure that wasnt Arnie, he was pretty much talking to the machines as a whole

That is fucking perfect! It's short, it reminds you of the past movies, and it leaves you wanting so much, much more. Perfect trailer. :D

That was Sam Worthington, wasn't it? The guy who appears throughout the trailer.

I refuse to watch it. I don't see why you'd spoil it for yourself. trailers are bad enough.

I avoid trailers for films I like the sound of based on images/loose synopsis/genre.

I managed to never see the trailer for The Dark Knight. I went to go see Savage Grace last year, and I had to cover my eyes when TDK trailer came on. So I heard the trailer. :p

I avoid trailers for films I like the sound of based on images/loose synopsis/genre.

I managed to never see the trailer for The Dark Knight. I went to go see Savage Grace last year, and I had to cover my eyes when TDK trailer came on. So I heard the trailer. :p

You couldnt have just closed your eyes and covered your ears? :p

And that may be Spidey 4 ruined...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/980/980562p1.html

Venom in Spider-Man 4?

The character's co-creator says maybe.

Todd McFarlane, the artist/writer who co-created Spider-Man villain Venom, said the character may make an appearance in the next Spidey movie, despite the poorly received handling of the storyline in the previous instalment.

He told MTV News: "He was in the last Spider-Man movie. And I think he might make an appearance here in the next one, too."

Furthermore, McFarlane offered his advice on how the character's portrayal could be improved this time around.

He said: "I would've done a few things different. When I first created him, I made him huge. That would've been the first thing for me; I would've wanted somebody who looked like he was three times the size of Spider-Man, so it was almost like Spider-Man going against the Hulk.

spider-man-4-20090507024038614.jpg

"[i want] someone who is really formidable; whenever you have a skinny character against a big one it's like, 'Woah, I'm going to have to work today.' But instead, the two of them were about the same size."

Furthermore, it seems McFarlane wanted Venom to be more sinister and evil. "I would've done something more dramatic. [i also would've increased] the nastiness; I never cared too much about the comic's code. I always pushed the envelope until the editor said, 'You'd better pull that back.'"

Why exactly don't they have Todd McFarlane working on character design etc... for the movies?

Venom is just SO aweful in Spidey 3, I even don't like seeing pictures of him in it like the one above... just rediculous!

Guess they could try hulking him out in the sequel, but really isn't it best to ignore he ever happened?!

How is that in any way confirmation he's in it? That's just McFarlane saying he wouldn't mind Venom being in it. And he has not got much say in the matter. :p

Lol, innit. I read that yesterday and was just like...what? IGN just love doing "cryptic" titles.

Sounds promising!!...

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/movies/news/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=16662080&GT1=61502

Johansson silences Iron Man crew

Scarlett Johansson managed to silence the Iron Man crew when she stepped out on set in her striking Black Widow outfit, according to director Jon Favreau.

"Scarlett's first day on set in the Black Widow outfit," Jon wrote on his Twitter page.

"You've never heard a crew get so quiet so fast."

Scarlett joins Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow and Mickey Rourke on the sequel to last year's hit movie, playing a Russian spy.

This week, the director also filmed the first scene with Samuel L Jackson, who plays superspy war hero Nick Fury, and Robert's character Tony Stark

also: the ratings of the old Terminator films don't really compare exactly. The Terminator was an 18, then a 15 on dvd.

and the action will be a fair bit different now. This time I guess we'll be seeing a fair bit of metal being offed by The Bale, possibly with plasma guns etc. By comparison, the first film had innocent women being gunned down at point blank with 50. cal magnums and cops being blown apart with shotguns and sub machine guns. It's the same franchise, but a whole new setting.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!