Top Posters In This Topic

Films I've seen him in [that I can think of]:

Leaving Las Vegas

Face Off

Ghost Rider

National Treasure

The Rock

Gone in Sixty Seconds

And whilst some of those films are good, I just don't like him as an actor, and in the majority of cases think the film would be just as good with someone else in his role.

The bolded ones? You are completely apeshit to think that anyone but Cage could pull that role off, I mean, they were written for him! ::shrug:

He annoys me slightly, just as a human prescence. His face, voice and general manner. Obviously some of that is acting at work, but still.

Haven't seen enough film of his to know. I'm planning on watching Wild At Heart very soon, so we'll see. I love Laura Dern, it's more for her (and David Lynch) than him.

Not sure on MIB3.

Also Ghostbusters 3 has been confirmed to have a young crew with the originals as "mentors" or some other similar capacity.

My ideal line up I think would make good GBs

Seth Rogen

Paul Rudd

Jason Segel

Michael Cera (maybe...too young)

But yeah I think that'd be sweet, and really it has to be the Apatow crew.

So long as they are not 'teen' ghostbusters, then ok!

Around the ages of the original crew, only a bit younger obviously because they are being trained up.

Yeah MIB I'm not sure about, tbh it should have really just stayed as a one off, let alone the lackluster sequel and now a third!

Yeah sequel was stupid. This'll be even worse. Especially if it doesn't have Will Smith. Its gonna be shite anyway really. No way they can do a good story.

Why can't these companies just come up with a new big budget story. Im sure something fun and sci-fiy would do well as long as it is properly advertised. Etc. MIB didn't ride off its own success...it was a new film etc/

Yeah sequel was stupid. This'll be even worse. Especially if it doesn't have Will Smith. Its gonna be shite anyway really. No way they can do a good story.

Why can't these companies just come up with a new big budget story. Im sure something fun and sci-fiy would do well as long as it is properly advertised. Etc. MIB didn't ride off its own success...it was a new film etc/

wasn't it a comic book first?

i.e. if Rez hasn't heard of it its not a successful comic.

Tru facks. Meh (well known) comic knowledge is teh hax.

Plus Dan wasn't even certain of its existence (just checked ComicsPriceGuide, and it looks like it was....although you need to login to see a list/pictures, and don't have an account blahblahblah)

Really all I mean is, why do companies think they need to tarnish previous IP (is that a correct term in this instance) when they can just start a new good, fresh franchise. If it has good actors, is promoted and looks good, there is no reason why it won't be as succesful or more so than an existing franchise that has no need for sequels.

Especially as MIB2 wasn't even very good, there aren't going to be a huge amount of people clamouring to see da movie.

why do companies think they need to tarnish previous IP (is that a correct term in this instance) when they can just start a new good, fresh franchise.

Three words; built in audience

(or maybe two, if built-in should be hyphenated...)

Anyway. Movie based on franchise = lots of people already know of it

Completely new movie = not so much.

Hollywood is a business afterall.

Tru facks. Meh (well known) comic knowledge is teh hax.

Plus Dan wasn't even certain of its existence (just checked ComicsPriceGuide, and it looks like it was....although you need to login to see a list/pictures, and don't have an account blahblahblah)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_Black_(comic_book)

6 issues (as well as 4 more one-offs done by Marvel).

Still, plenty of other films are based off books/comics that aren't very well known, and aren't marketed as an adaptation. Usually it's best that way (to avoid comparisons). Plus, some of them just share the basic concept and nothing else.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!