Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

Right, being pedantic as usual aside. My wording was incorrect, i should have said being a doctor. I'm guessing the answer won't have changed.

I wasn't being pedantic at first. And anyway, he was talking about being good in both professions. Not simply being.

I'm not answering on his behalf, as I don't know/share that opinion, but your question made no sense.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't being pedantic at first. And anyway, he was talking about being good in both professions. Not simply being.

I'm not answering on his behalf, as I don't know/share that opinion, but your question made no sense.

So why interupt in the first place if you had no intention of answering?

Oxigen, What makes you think then that it's harder to be a good actor than a good doctor?

So why interupt in the first place if you had no intention of answering?

Oxigen, What makes you think then that it's harder to be a good actor than a good doctor?

Because he wasn't around, and he only would have corrected you/not answered that question in the first place. So now the question has been revised to make sense and everyone's happy. :awesome:

Because he wasn't around, and he only would have corrected you/not answered that question in the first place. So now the question has been revised to make sense and everyone's happy. :awesome:

Glad we got that sorted then :heh:

my house for tea and biscuits? I've got bourbons.

the remixed version.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Bruce Franklin, an assistant director and associate producer on the fourth Terminator film, insists the star was only upset for a short period of time before his "moment" passed.

Franklin tells E! Online, "If you are working in a very intense scene and someone takes you out of your groove... It was the most emotional scene in the movie. And for him to get stopped in the middle of it - he is very intensely involved in his character. He didn't walk around like that all day long. It was just a moment and it passed."

And Franklin is adamant the rant has only been released to slander Bale, who he worked with on the 2000 movie Shaft: "This was my second movie with Christian, and it has always been a good experience with him. He is so dedicated to the craft. I think someone is begging to make some noise (controversy) about this, but I don't think it's fair. The art of acting is not paint by numbers, it's an art form."

The audio clip, allegedly recorded in July 2008, was obtained by TMZ.com, which claims the film's executives sent the tape to their insurance company in case Bale didn't finish filming the movie.

So i've got this right, You're saying it's harder to Act than to become a Doctor?

Yeah that made me WTF a little aswell to be honest.

Why the fuck Predator needs a reboot though? What? Really? No. No no. Like...no. Why?

You can't just remake any old film...whats...theres just....no. Like why? Why? No.

Transformers Devastator news:

About the HUGE transformer in the teaser, apparently there was a toy leaked quite a while back...

attachmentcz7.jpg

and it's apparently some Constructicon based on a Steam Shovel.

Given the size, probably something like this!...

4154no6.jpg

and according to this Transformers website:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/devastator-confirmed-for-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-165770/

TFW2005 has received confirmation that the combiner Devastator will appear in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The confirmation includes the following details:

- Seven construction vehicles merge to form Devastator

- Devastator has lots of upper body strength, like a gorilla

- Not just green, some of the vehicles are red and yellow

- The previously seen Long Haul concept art is legit

Here is the concept art for the Long Haul constructicon:

attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=9680

Given the size of the Long Haul and Steam Shovel Constructicons, and they are just two of seven [though suppose the other five could be much smaller]; Devastator is gonna be HUGE!!

What does Soundwave turn into, cause I've never seen a plane like that...
Like Megatron in the first film, it seems Soundwave has stayed in the form of an Alien Jet. Perhaps he just followed Starscream back to Earth in this form where he'll either stay like this, or later adopt an Earth disguise.

Are The Twins in the cartoon? I presume so, it's just I've never heard of them before.

Both are new transformers for the 2nd film.

You can see one or two transformers chasing down the Audi in the very background of these screens:

It's one transformer that is in middle of transforming into that bikes.

Both are new transformers for the 2nd film.

It's one transformer that is in middle of transforming into that bikes.

Ah ok! that's quite interesting that they are creating new Autobots for the movie!

So are you guessing that's Arcee in the background or do you have your sources? and are you saying Arcee will split into a couple of different bikes?

Ah ok! that's quite interesting that they are creating new Autobots for the movie!

So are you guessing that's Arcee in the background or do you have your sources? and are you saying Arcee will split into a couple of different bikes?

I found the information on a another boards then on the Transformers 2 wiki page saying Arcee transforms into three bikes.

haha, I literally just read that! Though I read Soundwave is a Cybertron satellite.

Maybe SoundWave turns into earth satellite to in enter it orbit than transform into Cybertronian craft carrier?

Behind the scenes set picture:

t2-lb-300x225.jpg

Back Row: Optimus Prime, Ironhide

Front Row: Sideswipe?, BumbleBee, The Twins 1 & 2, ???

and @ Dante, guess these would be Arcee then! with The Twins, Sideswipe and Rachet also.

sideswipe_600.jpg

Yeah, I guess Arcee turns into two bikes than three.

Yeah, I guess Arcee turns into two bikes than three.
Hmm... going through some back news on a Transformers site, I came across these supposed photo's of Arcee, which makes sense with the 3 bikes you mentioned:

attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=10517

attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=10521

attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=10520

Whilst another angle of that previous picture shows those bikes to be tri-pod bikes!

And whilst there are two small green cars [maybe one's gonna be resprayed?], there's also the small red car, which was in that aerial photo.

attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=11717

So i've got this right, You're saying it's harder to Act than to become a Doctor?

Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying (I'm not being sarcastic).

Although, one might actually single you out for reducing my whole statement to something I've never said. I said it's much harder to be a good actor than it is to be a good doctor.

My father's a doctor. He studied what other people have thought him, committed the knowledge to his brain, worked his way up the hospital, and right now he's the head of the ICU unit and was previously the chief of medicine of the biggest hospital in the whole district. He's never made a mistake and he's always done his job accordingly to what it should be. He worked hard to be where he is, and he finally managed to succeed in his career. He's one of the top 5 anestheseologists in our country! By my standards, and most likely everyone else's, he is, by definition, a good doctor.

Next, I live with a medicine student, and like he and both my cousins who are both young doctors tell me, the course is much overrated. There's 2 very difficult classes per semester, and the other ones are actually quite fun to go to. Medicine is quite a stale job, too... once you learn your specialty and get your diploma, you pretty much spend the rest of your life exploring the same familiar territory.

There's also one other thing that's quite funny... in my country (that'd be Portugal), Medicine is the course which has the highest entry grade (the lowest is 18.4/20 and there's 6 medical courses in the whole country, we're only 10 million), and I keep hearing that we're the country with the highest entering grade for medical school! With my average (17.3/20) I could've gotten into medicine anywhere in the world except here in Portugal. And since I do qualify for entering the course, I guess I could've been a doctor, had I chosen too be. How nice!

Regardless, I'm getting nowhere with this, the point is, there's like 1000 really good doctors in our country and only 2 really good actors. And maybe that makes sense in my country because everyone is trying to be a doctor, here, and not many dare to attempt the actor's way! But one needs only look at America, where there's more people trying to be professional actors than there are trying to become doctors, and for each truly great actor, you have 1 million truly great doctors! This is pretty much because being a good doctor is easy: just follow protocol! And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I've had this discussion with my father, aunt and uncle (who've been doctors for 34, 34 and 28 years respectively) and they all said that that's pretty much what the job boils down to: just follow protocol, rinse and repeat, as opposed to being a good actor, which involves you continuously and completely improve/degrade/re-shape yourself for every new project you embark on! It's exploratory work, you're never on familiar ground and every single time you take a new job, you have to learn something completely new and pretty much re-invent yourself completely.

So, yeah, it's much harder being a good actor than it is being a good doctor!

If you're asking me if it's easier being a doctor or being Shia, of course I'm not gonna tell you it's harder being Shia, but I guarantee you it's much much harder being Daniel Day Lewis than it is being Dr. House.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!