NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

That's cause they aren't.

Megan Fox is just name of the month. Dark Knight was one of the most successful films ever, every female actress attached to the potential Catwoman role will generate interest in whatever rag reports it as such.

I´m gonna go "meh" on this.

True or not I´m not that bothered because I find Catwoman to be an uninteresting character.

I´m gonna go "meh" on this.

True or not I´m not that bothered because I find Catwoman to be an uninteresting character.

even after batman returns? she was an awesome character in that..

I don't know if it's true though it's too earl for that kind of confirmation though but Nolan knows how to do a batman film by now

Couldn't really give less of a shit about Narnia, but this is FUCKING impressive as hell.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42189

I never want to see another Narnia film. Prince Caspian was disgusting.

Even the Regina Spektor theme song was bad, which is a feat considering how good she is.

Jack Nicholson was shite as the Joker.
If you'd read my posts you'd see I said I absolutely hate Jack Nicholsons Joker, he's absolutely shit.

It still didn't stop some idiots saying (hence the :indeed:) in the build up to TDK that it would be hard to beat his well known performance.

Jack Nicholson was a superb Joker. He was creepy as fuck yet you couldn't help laughing along with him at the same time.

His performance was fine, he's a great actor, but it was very Nicholson by numbers, rather than actually trying to play The Joker.

His performance was fine, he's a great actor, but it was very Nicholson by numbers, rather than actually trying to play The Joker.
This... Except I don't think he's a great actor, never really liked any of his performances (but that's my just my opinion).

Surely the point of being an actor is to give a variety of performances, rather than just 'being yourself'?

when Jack (himself) played as Jack (character) in the film, i guess he was just being Jack (himself)

but when he transformed into the joker he turned into somebody totally different and incredible

plus jacks Joker laugh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> heaths

plus jacks joker was a lot funnier

not saying heath was shit though, he was awesome

just dont fuck with jack

jacknicholson2.jpg

Edited by or else you will DIE

To me it's just Jack Nicholson going 'woo hoo hoo' etc... at the end of each sentence and dancing around like an idiot.

I liked Heath's joker a lot better and found him funnier actually. I never saw Nicholson's performance in the english version just a german dub which probably killed some of the jokes.

In any case I was in the cinema with a few friends and when Heath's joker made the pencil trick we burst out laughing and couldn't stop for some time. Most comedies don't accomplish that.

They were two very different Jokers, I don't see how a comparison can be made.

Nicholson is a great actor though. He could just play "his type" of characters and get away with it, but he's trying a lot of varied roles to his credit. About Schmidt was a fine example.

Nicholson's Joker annoyed me. He just seemed like a moron.

Ledger was disturbed. Maybe he was a bit too broody but it worked for the film.

As far as I'm concerned, Mark Hamill is the Joker. He was ace in the animated series but Arkham Asylum has sold me. The way he can turn his voice is brilliant. It really is shocking.

It was a different time though...

it's like comparing adam wests batman to christian bale's...

adam west's was better for the time.

nicholson was perfect for what the film was going for. At the time he was as badass as heath ledger's joker is made out to be now..

The fact of the matter is that Jack Nicholson is fat, and has a fat, round face.

Joker is supposed to be stick thin, with a really long face.

Oh... er... didn't realise that was super important.

*wallows in ignorance among the unwashed masses who don't read comic books*

But in a different context? You're saying the movies feature the same characters along with the same morals and backgrounds? I don't know the whole cartoon background of these characters; but I do know that the movies portrayed very different characters - and not just through the acting.

Batman as a universe of characters and locations is one of most open to interpretation in the comics depending on the writer, and also in movies/TV shows.

Joker especially is erratic (it's in his character though). He can be a fairly harmless clown or a sadistic murderer one minute later. However, he's still always a threat to Batman. I think Hath Ledger got that across much better than Nicholson, who really just updated the old Adam West show one to be a bit darker. It's a fine performance, but heath Ledger did Joker more justice in general, getting across the fact that this clown is a serious threat whatever he does.