NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

moving on slightly, i was chatting with mates at work about batman, a guy said "you know who i want to be the riddler? david hyde pierce."

i must say, thats spot on for me.

i want riddler played by

tn2_steve_buscemi_4.jpg

wont happen though... he would also be great as the mad hatter. i also highly doubt that would happen, with alice in wonderland coming out soon

Edited by or else you will DIE

moving on slightly, i was chatting with mates at work about batman, a guy said "you know who i want to be the riddler? david hyde pierce."

i must say, thats spot on for me.

Can't say I've ever seen him in anything but Fraiser (and the Simpsons!)!

Afaik, he's not actually done anything besides those... and I can't be arsed to IMDB it :P

Bugs Life and other VO work.

And has done stage stuff like Spamalot.

Fox confirms 'Fantastic Four' reboot

20th Century Fox has confirmed that it will reboot its Fantastic Four series.

The studio, who backed the two earlier big screen adaptations of the Marvel Comics property, has tapped screenwriter and producer Akiva Goldsman (Angels & Demons) to steer the franchise overhaul, reports Variety.

Heroes co-executive producer and Green Lantern co-writer Michael Green will pen the screenplay.

It is unclear whether original stars Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis will return for Fox's revamp of the Marvel superhero family.

Taken From Digital Spy

I think im in the minority but I still quite enjoy watching the Fantastic Four movies

Personally I think they're a bit rubbish, but then I think the characters are a bit rediculous anyway and don't really expect much more from the reboot.

I think the films were camptastic which suits the characters because, quite frankly, they are crap.

The Invisible Woman? Stuck in the 1950s much? :heh:

I don't see what a reboot would do.

A reboot could make it decent.

I go on about it, but if th film-makers want to see how people have done Marvel characters justice in a non-silly, modern way, read the Ultimate comics. A film based on the first arc of Ultimate Fantastic Four makes sense to me. As long Jessica Alba is replaced with someone who a) fits the role and b) can act.

They're younger in Ult.Four, which isn't necessary, but might help in their appeal to a mass audience.

Apart from the upcoming Avengers film based on the Ultimates series, the movie writers seem to ignore the line. Venom in Spider-Man 3 could have been done WAY better if they'd used his Ultimate story.

The Invisible Woman? Stuck in the 1950s much?

She was the first main female hero when Marvel entered the "modern" age, in the 60's, so was stuck with the powers/sensibility of most female heroes at the time. Very quickly however, they powered her up, giving her the force fields. Nowadays, it's well-established that she's by far the most powerful of the Four.

I know that too. ;)

Any news on the Superman reboot? I actually kind of liked whatshisface's version. Except for Kevin Spacey.

Everyone hated Superman Returns. Except me, who liked it, but felt it could have been a bit better.

Everyone hated Superman Returns. Except me, who liked it, but felt it could have been a bit better.

I liked it too. Yes it could have been better but for what it was it was fine.

A reboot might be needed though yes but superman has to be a hard character to make serious..

Superman Returns wasn't that bad considering it's impossible to make anything involving Superman interesting.

Cube, incorrect. Superman can be good, he just needs to be handled well, and have a legitimate threat. (Returns was SHIT, and I will literally fight that fact to the fucking death, with anyone)

Millar supposedly wants to do a Supes trilogy, so that would be amazing, guaranteed.

It wasn't shit though. You just found it boring, which it was in parts, since he had no real threat, and the kryptonite island was...bizarre and made little sense.

But it was far from shit.

I could take you, anyway.

It wasn't shit though. You just found it boring, which it was in parts, since he had no real threat, and the kryptonite island was...bizarre and made little sense.

But it was far from shit.

I could take you, anyway.

You're wrong it was completely shit. It tried to pay homage to a dated film, it was more than boring, none of it made sense, nothing happened, even Kevin Fucking Spacey couldn't save the mess of a film. Everything was bad. Apart from Brandon Routh. He was good/alright, but the film is shit. I assure you of that.

You're wrong it was completely shit. It tried to pay homage to a dated film, it was more than boring, none of it made sense, nothing happened, even Kevin Fucking Spacey couldn't save the mess of a film. Everything was bad. Apart from Brandon Routh. He was good/alright, but the film is shit. I assure you of that.

I still think the plane rescue is the best scene in any Superman movie, but the rest is just meh

I still think the plane rescue is the best scene in any Superman movie, but the rest is just meh

Plane scene is amazing. Definitely. The rest of the film drags it down so much though. But the plane scene is completely and utterly exciting and enthralling. (How did Lois not die though)

I love how my opinion is the complete inverse. EDIT: Except the plane scene. One of the few times I've been genuinely excited in the cinema. Really needs to be seen on a big screen.

It was in no means a mess of a film. It was nicely paced and directed fine. Brandon Routh I thought was uninspiring, to say the least.

You're reaching a bit. It all made sense except the improbabilty that he would be able to lift an island made of the rock he dies if he touches. That could have done with a bit more drama/Dargonball-ness to make it seem uber-amazing, rather than just "..."

Everyone gave good/decent performances, parker Posey, Kevin Spacey et al.

It was directed well. Less predictable than the usual superhero film.

Admettedly, it shouldn't have been connected to the old films in any way. That was a mis-step.

I know where you're coming from, as something is wrong when the most compelling part of the film is whether Lois will tell her husband she's started smoking or not. But you're overreacting.

Edited by Paj!

And Supes had a kid/everything about it was awful/the plot was awful/the villains were COMPLETELY and undeniably laughable/Superman didn't do anything.

And Supes had a kid/everything about it was awful/the plot was awful/the villains were COMPLETELY and undeniably laughable/Superman didn't do anything.

1. I lump that in with other parts of the mis-step. But it didn't ACTUALLY take that much away, all things considering. It wasn't like there were any cheesy scenes about the fact, or a team-up or whatever. They handled the topic well. Not my favourite idea ever, but I hate Superman mostly anyway.

2. Please.

3. Not really...the plot was like most superhero films, only a bit different (appreciated!).

4. The villains were entertaining. They were meant to be the same villains from the first films, so that camp supervillain thing was intentional. In a way, I find the villains in SR much more engaging and idea that just a Superman reboot that is him effectivley in a Transformers film, fighting a millions of massive robots or something, just because it looks "cool".

5. Yes he did. He actually did everything Superman does. Except fight uber-cool Supervillains, of which Superman doesn't actually have many of, since he's a shit character. And it would be silly in the context of that film, which was a bit more gentle than say, an action-based Superman film.

If you wanna listen to a 9 minute rant about Superman Returns.

For me it was just below average, except for the plane scene it´s just boring troughout.

It begins well then just tumbles down.

It might have slipped my mind, but was it ever explicitly mentioned that Lois and him had never had sex?