NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

How do you connect that with the avatar?

Stoopid blue alien + Sam Worthington = Avatar

I've probably mentioned this before, but I do like Sam Worthington for being better than Christian Bale, looking manly, and for having a good name.

White Chicks sequel in the works... :wtf:

The Wayans Brothers and Sony Pictures are prepping a sequel to the much-maligned comedy "White Chicks" for The Hollywood Reporter.

Marlon and Shawn Wayans return as sibling FBI agents pretending to be a pair of white ladies. Story details are unknown.

Keenen Ivory Wayans is directing while all three Wayans are writing the screenplay.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14916/a-white-chicks-sequel-in-the-works

WHY???

Because fools like that sort of thing.

I'm a fool and even I thought it was complete tripe.

Isn't there four Wayans brothers? What about Damon? (I happened to watch My Wife and Kids earlier and I'm sure the silhouette at the end has four people).

Oh well, more fodder for 30 Rock to parody I suppose :p

Sony Rehires James Vanderbilt to Write Spider-Man 5 and 6

Web-heads young and old, rejoice. We'll be seeing a lot of our friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man on the big screen in the years to come. Now, as for the details of who, what, and when - the web thickens. Just as Sony is ready to launch Spider-Man 4 (set for a 2011 release) with Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, and Kirsten Dunst all on-board once again, they've hired a writer to start work on Spider-Man 5 and 6, according to Variety. James Vanderbilt, of The Losers and David Fincher's Zodiac, will write an over-arching storyline that will extend from the fifth movie into the sixth - which might mean both films could even be shot back-to-back.

There's no word yet on exactly what Vanderbilt's story arc will contain, or if Raimi or the original cast will return to reprise their roles. Now, Vanderbilt isn't new to the Spider-Man universe, as he wrote the first draft of Spider-Man 4. Many of his original ideas will be seen on-screen come 2011; Raimi and Vanderbilt failed to see eye-to-eye, so David Lindsay-Abaire was brought on to rewrite Vanderbilt, which then led to Gary Ross, who is rewriting the whole thing yet again. In fact, this interconnected storyline was supposed to be a part of 4 and 5, but that idea was scrapped as shooting back-to-back was apparently out of the question.

By forcing the fifth and sixth movies to be shot in succession, Sony is hoping to pump out more Spider-Man films more frequently. As the interim periods have extended from two years to three to four between each franchise installment, Sony hopes to capitalize on the web slinger as often as possible with Vanderbilt's help. But here's the real kicker. Should Raimi, Maguire, and Dunst not want to continue their established roles, Spider-Man 5 will be treated as "the blueprint for a franchise reboot." I know a lot of you are probably seething through clenched jaws and grinding your molars to dust - but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't smiling.

Yeah I'm all for starting again. I didn't enjoy one, two was good and although I haven't seen 3 it looks laughable. :)

I'd be happy with a reboot of some kind.

Spidey 3 was aweful, pretty much all because of Venom and the dark suit.

Spidey 1 is alright.

And I'm not even sure Spidey 2 is that great when I've reseen bits of it on TV again over the years.

I know, it took my breath away, that trailer did. The colours are just amazing.

Awesome!

this looks better though.

:awesome:

Whilst it does look good and I like the idea of a second "great flood" scenario, the idea that humans can take on God himself does seem somewhat arrogant and far fetched (to the point where it's a bit rediculous). Especially that a bunch of strangers in a diner are the only ones that can for some reason.

Well, nobody can complain the Wii won't be able to handle the tie-in game's graphics :heh:

Awesome!

this looks better though.

:awesome:

yay, its been ages since we've had a Christsploitation movie.

Whilst it does look good and I like the idea of a second "great flood" scenario, the idea that humans can take on God himself does seem somewhat arrogant and far fetched (to the point where it's a bit rediculous). Especially that a bunch of strangers in a diner are the only ones that can for some reason.

my comments were in jest..

as my friend pointed out:

'why doesn't God just squash everyone, and why does this have to be settled in hand to hand combat?'

absurd. should be fun.

Black Swan' Has a Portman-Kunis Sex Scene!

Darren Aronofsky's films -- Requiem for a Dream, Pi, The Fountain, The Wrestler -- have certainly not lacked strangeness or controversy, and it appears his next one, Black Swan, due in 2010, is no different. In a review of the screenplay, Carson Reeves at ScriptShadow reveals that the story includes a sex scene between the film's stars, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. And as you may know, Portman and Kunis are both female lady girl women persons!! Obviously, this automatically means the scene is hawt.

Reeves' script review has some significant spoilers, and not just the Internet crybaby "Oh no, you revealed a character's name!" kind, so proceed with caution over there. But the movie's premise is that Portman plays a sweet, innocent ballerina taking the lead in Swan Lake, and Kunis plays another ballerina who looks a lot like Portman but is much more reckless and "dark." How or why they end up in bed together, I won't say, and it's probably irrelevant compared to the more important issue, i.e., OMG PORTMAN KUNIS SEX!!!1! Reeves says it's "ecstasy-induced hungry aggressive angry sex"; whether he means "ecstasy" in the sense of being ecstatic or "Ecstasy" in the sense of the drug you take at raves, I don't know. I would guess the latter.

Of course, this is only a review of the script, which has already been rewritten by Mark Heyman from John McLaughlin's original. Aronofsky might shoot it in a way that's far less, um, appealing than it sounds, or he could cut it altogether. Time -- and the Internet -- will tell. In the meantime, gentlemen, start your engines!

Regarding the ACTUAL Avatar teaser, I am severely underimpressed with the visuals. They still look very much like CG, notoriously so. Massive thumbs down to Cameron for being a liar.

That being said, I can't wait to see it, it's looking awesome.