NEurope
Stocka

Majora's Mask

I'm on VC incidentally. I have still had literally no time to do this today as my flatmates have been playing Sports Resort most of the day. I'll give the Epona thing a try (I'm not overly confident, because the transforming into Deku/Zora/Goron Link changes the B Button too and that didn't do much. I'll give that a try.

What I'm more worried about is the statue thing, as I said. If I hit it with this sword which I can apparently get later... will that still work? Or does it have to actually be the Korkiri/Razor/Gilded sword? If it's the latter, well that's gonna be fucking frustrating!

Ahh, but I consdiered the difference being that Epona puts another item on the B-Button(the bow) whilst keeping Link's form, the other's just give it some new text, but I reckon it's still the sword hidden underneath using the form you're in as a base like. I dunno actually, it's just...well, you can't possibly use the sword as a deku or a goron or a zora, but you can't possibly NOT use it when regular link pressing the B-button...which is why I think either the bird stealing it(which'd change him being able to use it, maybe like a jinx...?) or getting on epona, might fix it. I'm not sure where I've cooked this all up from really, but if you get a moment before you fix the problem(or if you have the spare save slot, copy the fooked save over and do it later) go outside at night into termina field and let a blue bubble curse you(best place to find them is the ikana canyon side which is...west?), then try the B-button just to see what happens. That's just for my curiosity though, really. Either that or let me know how to re-create the glitch!

Deleting the game and re-downloading I doubt would work, but if it's a VC save then there's a possible chance(a realllllllllly narrow one mind) depending on how hackable wii stuff is, that it could be fixed with a few things and a hex editor/or someone who has a VC MM and the ability to cheat on their wii. I think I have the latter of the latter but not the former(as in, I don't have MM on VC).

Edited by Rummy

Ahh, but I consdiered the difference being that Epona puts another item on the B-Button(the bow) whilst keeping Link's form, the other's just give it some new text, but I reckon it's still the sword hidden underneath using the form you're in as a base like. I dunno actually, it's just...well, you can't possibly use the sword as a deku or a goron or a zora, but you can't possibly NOT use it when regular link pressing the B-button...which is why I think either the bird stealing it(which'd change him being able to use it, maybe like a jinx...?) or getting on epona, might fix it. I'm not sure where I've cooked this all up from really, but if you get a moment before you fix the problem(or if you have the spare save slot, copy the fooked save over and do it later) go outside at night into termina field and let a blue bubble curse you(best place to find them is the ikana canyon side which is...west?), then try the B-button just to see what happens. That's just for my curiosity though, really. Either that or let me know how to re-create the glitch!

Deleting the game and re-downloading I doubt would work, but if it's a VC save then there's a possible chance(a realllllllllly narrow one mind) depending on how hackable wii stuff is, that it could be fixed with a few things and a hex editor/or someone who has a VC MM and the ability to cheat on their wii. I think I have the latter of the latter but not the former(as in, I don't have MM on VC).

Rummy, I love you.

So simple, and yet so frustrating - I climbed onto Epona today, shot some arrows at nothing, got off... AND THE SWORD WAS BACK!

You're a genius. It was pretty anti-climactic in the end, just climbing on Epona, but it was something I never even thought about because nothing similar worked (masks etc)

All I can say is thank you so much to EVERYONE who helped with suggestions and ideas. I'm now back on track to getting the stone tower done with :D

So simple, and yet so frustrating - I climbed onto Epona today, shot some arrows at nothing, got off... AND THE SWORD WAS BACK!

Bit of an anti-climax but its good to see you can get your game on again. :hehe:

I know, I was fully expecting to have to battle through the rest of the game with the fairy sword, but there you go. Now I'm just about to start on the stone tower.

After that bit of drama we can get back to the game :) Again, thanks everyone :D

I loved this game, and it is definitely my 2nd favourite zelda game, after Wind Waker.

I always felt a huge amount of sorry during the last 6 hours of the game when the moon was about to crash into Termina. The Last End music, coupled with characters like the head carpenter stubbornly waiting there for the impact really made for a sad scene.

I don't think any other game has touched me on an emotional level like this since.

Totally agree, up there with the very best Zeldas imo. Spectacular game. Loved every second of it.

The 3 day time period and storyline in general were very brave things on the developers part to implement, but they worked and felt perfect.

The only thing I wasn't keen on was the music. The soundtrack itself was good... but the Ocarina tunes were very disappointing compared to the OOT ones. The Song of Healing was nice, but apart from that...

The only thing I wasn't keen on was the music. The soundtrack itself was good... but the Ocarina tunes were very disappointing compared to the OOT ones. The Song of Healing was nice, but apart from that...

that's strange I Almost prefer the music. Wind waker would be better again however.

I dunno I think Ronnie's right.

Other than perhaps Oath to Order, IMO there weren't any good 'original' ocarina tunes in MM.

MM Ocarina

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Where as I'd struggle to think of one I didn't like in OOT... Zelda's lullaby, Epona's song, Saria's song!!!, Song of Time, Prelude of Light, Song of Storms!!!, and all the temple songs were great, especially the epic Bolero of fire!!!

OOT Ocarina

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Retro_Link

Exactly, I felt the dungeon tunes for OOT were all epic tunes. The MM ones were very forgetful, and seemed to 'stop' after the notes were played.

I listened to the ocarina compilations that Retro_Link posted and I don't see either as being better or worse than the other. Both games have different atmospheres and the music used in each reflects that.

the music in majoras was more atmospheric.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

take the theme above.. its signifying that the end is near and really makes you panic and rush.. I love it!

also on the topic of mood even the main town theme becomes more " panicky and cluthered" to say the end is near on the third day..

compare the peacefirst day music

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

to the faster 3rd day

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

also as good as the music in OOT was it never featured the original theme in any form.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

here it is

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

and this is ridiculously catchy and completely difference from anything else. Every theme fits the mood perfectly.

Edited by mcj metroid

Ronnie's original post was just about the Ocarina tunes not being very good, which is what I agreed with.

Neither of us disputed the actually music not being good!

The overworld theme H-O-T posted was great!

Ronnie's original post was just about the Ocarina tunes not being very good, which is what I agreed with.

Neither of us disputed the actually music not being good!

!

Was kinda half responding to your post to be honest. That's if you were responding my post it's hard to tell.. ANYWAY

was just making my case of why I prefer the music in majora's.. The orarina tunes never really bothered me to be honest, never thought of them but I suppose they are better in OOT.

I dunno I think Ronnie's right.

Other than perhaps Oath to Order, IMO there weren't any good 'original' ocarina tunes in MM.

You're forgetting the Song of Healing, which is probably one of the best ocarina songs there is. The full, non-ocarina version of it is great too (especially when you combine it with the flashback cutscene that is normally played simultaneously).

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You're forgetting the Song of Healing, which is probably one of the best ocarina songs there is. The full, non-ocarina version of it is great too (especially when you combine it with the flashback cutscene that is normally played simultaneously).

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Beautiful! :)

Look at the dungeon ocarina tunes.

The Minuet of Forest, Bolero of Fire, Serenade of Water, Nocturne of Shadow and Requiem of Spirit were all great, EPIC, powerful tunes that really added something to each dungeon level. Everyone had their favourite and they were very hum-able (yep it's a word ;) )

The MM dungeon tunes on the other hand were, in my opinion, rubbish and totally forgettable. Also, in OOT, they feel like proper tunes, because extra notes are addded to the end of every song. In MM, the tune ends after the last note you play, with no extra ones to make up a 'song' if that makes sense. Small details like that let's the game's soundtrack down IMO.

Don't get me wrong, Majora's Mask is one of the best games I've ever played. As good as OOT. But for me personally, I just wasn't hugely impressed with the Ocarina tunes. Then again, the Wind Waker ones were even worse!

EDIT: as an aside, the Deku Palace tune from the soundtrack is amongst my favourite in all Zelda. Anyone else like it?

Edited by Ronnie

The MM dungeon tunes on the other hand were, in my opinion, rubbish and totally forgettable. Also, in OOT, they feel like proper tunes, because extra notes are addded to the end of every song. In MM, the tune ends after the last note you play, with no extra ones to make up a 'song' if that makes sense. Small details like that let's the game's soundtrack down IMO.

Hang on, you're judging the soundtrack quality heavily on the ocarina songs? Now, as nice as the few-note ocarina tunes are, they're really not songs or tracks at all, and at most they're a bit of fun. You only hear them briefly when you occasionally get your ocarina out. Contrast this to the background music you hear all the time...I'd say MM's BGM was far more atmospheric and memorable.

I dunno, the only music I can really remember from MM is Clock Town, the Observatory, Termina Field, The Final Hours/Minutes music... and that's about it.

Maybe it's just because I've played through it more, but I can remember far more from Ocarina... Kokiri Forest, Lost Woods, Hyrule Market, Lon Lon Ranch, Windmill Hut (of course!), Temple of Time, Goron City and the fantastic Gerudo Valley:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

There atmospheric in different ways too. MM is more dramatic, but I think Ocarina's is more characterful and gives places have identity.

Edited by Retro_Link

Hang on, you're judging the soundtrack quality heavily on the ocarina songs? Now, as nice as the few-note ocarina tunes are, they're really not songs or tracks at all, and at most they're a bit of fun. You only hear them briefly when you occasionally get your ocarina out. Contrast this to the background music you hear all the time...I'd say MM's BGM was far more atmospheric and memorable.

For the third billionth time, I am not judging the MM soundtrack. I said in my first post on here that I liked the soundtrack. what I wasn't so keen on, were the Ocarina tunes. Apart from that, I love the music in MM.

For the third billionth time, I am not judging the MM soundtrack.

k. But you did say this:

Small details like that let's the game's soundtrack down IMO.
Edited by Sheikah

WOW, what happened to this thread.

I stopped playing this game for about 3 months and look what y'all turn this thread into:o

:laughing:

WOW, what happened to this thread.

I stopped playing this game for about 3 months and look what y'all turn this thread into:o

:laughing:

Tis good ain't it!! :grin:

So, I'm about to play this game again after a long period (could be half a year) of ignoring.

Along with The Legend of Zelda II, this is one of the proper Zelda games in the series I've yet to actually finish.

I believe I was at Ikana Valley.

Time to get back into this and figure out, once again, how to play a Zelda with time in it:D

Now where's Rummy:laughing:

Edited by Fused King

I've played Majora's Mask a few times again on the Virtual Console thanks to Monster Hunter Tri. Seeing as I've had the Classic Controller already plugged in I thought I may as well. :grin:

Don't you hate it when you get to the boss room and theres still one or two stray fairies. Back to the entrance of Snowhead Temple I go, to comb back up through it.