N-Europe

Super/Street Fighter IV

Dante

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it flameboy! I called you out in the Tournament thread.....

How many battle points do you guys have? Im up to 1100 or so! Um what are they good for?

I'm not sure I can justify buying it with Killzone 2 just round the corner which is why I'm hoping it turns up early next week as my next rental.

The pad really helps! I love the thing :).

Annoying thing is, the characters i'm good with (Sagat, Sakura, Ken, Ryu) i can kill Seth first time on Medium, no problems. But with characters that are useless (Dalshim...). I just can't do it! Its so hard! T___T

With characters I'm not into, like Rufus, Dhalsim... Seth is really fucking annoying. Even on easiest difficulty it took me about 12 tries to beat Seth using Rufus ¬______________¬ considering I can flatten him with Ken on medium or above that's just a little irritating.

Just a couple more characters to finish with to unlock Seth! Then I can just leave the game on and watch him get pummeled to cheer myself up while I eat my lunch or something.

My thoughts on the pad after playing with it all yesterday:

PAD FUCKING OWNS. Moves that I do at a rate of 5/10 become 9/10 (would be 10/10 but im not perfect :heh:) Love the chun li design on it but it needs her legs :( Anyways, a little annoying it uses batteries but I have chargeable ones so no prob. Also requires one port for the wireless receiver. Again annoying as I have only 2 usb ports ¬_¬ so Im gonna have to be careful when it comes to charging the pads and headset.

Played over at Vicar´s, Abel makes me want to rip out my own throat.

Also playing Zangief is hilarious we beat the game with him on easy in like 5-6 minutes.

Also what does Zangief unlock, we accidentally skipped trough what he unlocks

My thoughts on the pad after playing with it all yesterday:

PAD FUCKING OWNS. Moves that I do at a rate of 5/10 become 9/10 (would be 10/10 but im not perfect :heh:) Love the chun li design on it but it needs her legs :( Anyways, a little annoying it uses batteries but I have chargeable ones so no prob. Also requires one port for the wireless receiver. Again annoying as I have only 2 usb ports ¬_¬ so Im gonna have to be careful when it comes to charging the pads and headset.

Nice to hear....maybe should have got another!

Would the fighting pads be a good compromise for me? I have often said on here how I struggle with the dualshock for Streetfighter 2 HD Remix. There are a combination of reasons for this. I never owned a SNES and almost exclusively played SF2 in the arcades and on the Amiga. Whilst the Amiga's two button set up made things harder I still used a joystick as opposed to a joypad and when you couple in these two methods of play its not hard to see why I have always found using a stick rather than a dpad. The second thing I can't handle is using the shoulder buttons for moves...need my six buttons.

So perhaps the fighting pad will help things and I will just have to finally adapt to using a dpad. I use it for stuff like MK vs DC but find that easier as a lot of its moves are like <- XXX or ->->OXO for example whereas SF has the quarter turns etc that I find hard on the dpad.

I can't really justify paying top dollar for the sf arcade stick (even the none tournament one) but the hori stick is available pretty cheaply;

330651ps.gif

Would the fighting pads be a good compromise for me? I have often said on here how I struggle with the dualshock for Streetfighter 2 HD Remix. There are a combination of reasons for this. I never owned a SNES and almost exclusively played SF2 in the arcades and on the Amiga. Whilst the Amiga's two button set up made things harder I still used a joystick as opposed to a joypad and when you couple in these two methods of play its not hard to see why I have always found using a stick rather than a dpad. The second thing I can't handle is using the shoulder buttons for moves...need my six buttons.

So perhaps the fighting pad will help things and I will just have to finally adapt to using a dpad. I use it for stuff like MK vs DC but find that easier as a lot of its moves are like <- XXX or ->->OXO for example whereas SF has the quarter turns etc that I find hard on the dpad.

I can't really justify paying top dollar for the sf arcade stick (even the none tournament one) but the hori stick is available pretty cheaply;

330651ps.gif

Just try using the duelshock for a bit, see how you get on. If you don't like using the shoulder buttons then you can remap the HK/HP to the face buttons. Then if you really can't get on with the pad, iinvest in a fightstick.

SFIV would definately be worth the investment though.

EDIT: Oh, and for some reason, SFIV is sooo much easier to pWn online. I used to get my arse handed to me on HD Remix, but not on this.

Speaking of fight pads, i've thrown mine 5 times today.

I'm not playing this game on single player ever again. I shouldn't have to be stuck against a boss for THREE HOURS. Thats right, I've been playing this game since around 10am against Seth with DAL-FUCKINGASDKNSA-SHIM. THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT TO EVER GRACE A STREET FIGHTER GAME.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE CAPCOM THINKING?! UNTIL THIS SHIT IS PATCHED, IT CAN GO FUCK ITS OWN ASS FOR ALL I CARE. I'M IN SUCH A BAD MOOD ITS RUINING MY RELATIONSHIP.

Just try using the duelshock for a bit, see how you get on. If you don't like using the shoulder buttons then you can remap the HK/HP to the face buttons. Then if you really can't get on with the pad, iinvest in a fightstick.

SFIV would definately be worth the investment though.

EDIT: Oh, and for some reason, SFIV is sooo much easier to pWn online. I used to get my arse handed to me on HD Remix, but not on this.

Yeah I could try remapping the buttons...might give it a go on SF2HDR...which I got owned on all time online. Not won a single game since I got the US download.

Guess I am better than, it only took me an hour with 2 rounds on as well. :D

Considering theres a 36 page thread on Capcom Unity about how fucking broken he is, i'm obviously not the only one with this problem.

Also, on the first round he's seen as far easier to beat.

Then he starts sucking in from half the stage and you can´t do anything while he´s drawing you in...

The fact is, he's in-humanly fast (triple sonic booms, insane fast teleporting), has stupidly powerful moves and is completely broken.

I am being honest, I'm not touching the single player till Capcom fix this piece of shit.

The annoying thing is, with an offensive character like Ryu, Ken, Sagat... I can beat the living shit out of Seth... Its just Dhalsim is a USELESS character.

im utterly gash at this. so much so id consider selling the game, but then i get a moment when everything clicks, when i fight well, when timing become a fraction easier and i display increadable prowess. moments like that are so good. im going to stick at it in the hope of getting better.

ive had about 15 games online, won 2 but i keep getting it really close.

i might be a bit thick for asking but what exactlydo you have to do to pull off the shoryuken with ryu/ken? the movment guide surgests that i move the controle stick in a way i cant comprehand.

also, dose any one else have the same problem that they need to try and enter 3-4 fights online before one finaly lets them in.

as for seth. fuck him. fuck the fucking fucker who fucked up and fucking put that fucker in. im not a great player, but on the easy setting, i can fight my way up to him with little trouble, then get torn to shreds, get the first knock down ok, then he decides hes actualy just going to tear me in two.

thank god i also got flower this week, or my rage would be all consuming.

Jordan, do it on easiest with one round set and just tap HK. It works man. You might have to do some low strethy arm punches on occasion too, and his Ultra might come in handy if things go tits up, but it should be fine. No need stressing out trying to do it on normal or anything.

The best way ive found at beating Seth otherwise is to jump over his stretch arms, hit him then do a good move like a dragon punch, tiger knee, chun li's multiple kicks etc. Problem is, not every character has a good quick close up attack. Like Dhalsim for instance.

You can dodge his special too by jumping over it. It has to be timed well thats the only problem.

Jordan, do it on easiest with one round set and just tap HK. It works man. You might have to do some low strethy arm punches on occasion too, and his Ultra might come in handy if things go tits up, but it should be fine. No need stressing out trying to do it on normal or anything.

The best way ive found at beating Seth otherwise is to jump over his stretch arms, hit him then do a good move like a dragon punch, tiger knee, chun li's multiple kicks etc. Problem is, not every character has a good quick close up attack. Like Dhalsim for instance.

You can dodge his special too by jumping over it. It has to be timed well thats the only problem.

You get no achievement for doing it on easiest, it has to be on normal.

im utterly gash at this. so much so id consider selling the game, but then i get a moment when everything clicks, when i fight well, when timing become a fraction easier and i display increadable prowess. moments like that are so good. im going to stick at it in the hope of getting better.

ive had about 15 games online, won 2 but i keep getting it really close.

i might be a bit thick for asking but what exactlydo you have to do to pull off the shoryuken with ryu/ken? the movment guide surgests that i move the controle stick in a way i cant comprehand.

also, dose any one else have the same problem that they need to try and enter 3-4 fights online before one finaly lets them in.

as for seth. fuck him. fuck the fucking fucker who fucked up and fucking put that fucker in. im not a great player, but on the easy setting, i can fight my way up to him with little trouble, then get torn to shreds, get the first knock down ok, then he decides hes actualy just going to tear me in two.

thank god i also got flower this week, or my rage would be all consuming.

SETH is really annoying on anything above easy. Im lucky the pad I was using is new otherwise it would be broken!

Also I have the same online problem and lost a match due to another person having a crappy connection and causing pure lagg which is not good when using a time specific character like chun li :mad:

Ah and out of 26 fights I have won 12. Lame lol but meh, im just starting out. Alot of those losses go to MatttheHat i must say. Fighting his charge characters is a real chore i must say! Had loads of fun and learnt quite a bit from those fights.

Also the Akuma versus Gouken fight was epic! Still don't exactly know how you countered the shun goku satsu...