NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

The female pack isnt out on the PS3 yet. I think its this friday. Only the Brawler pack is up on the store, and i dont want that one.

They're not digital controls, they've been redone so that a quarter circle works for d, df, f.

What I meant was that no matter how far you push the stick, you only move at a set pace.

i hope there will be some downloadable Stages & characters those will be worth my money

Characters... I don't see that happening. I mean... it'd be awesome if they put up Dee Jay and Alex, but I just don't see it happening at all.

Characters... I don't see that happening. I mean... it'd be awesome if they put up Dee Jay and Alex, but I just don't see it happening at all.

Dee Jay and T. Hawk are pretty much ready to go already. They've got full move sets, completed models and all the programming is done for them, as of a month ago they only had to skin the models. This is Capcom, what are the chances of them NOT releasing those two? It's easy money, 800 points each would be my guess (a rip off, but it fits with 300 points for the costume packs).

Nearly beaten all the Time Attack challenges. On 18 now. Christ they're time consuming, same with the Survival ones, up to 13 with those..

The Time Attacks and Survivals are a bit draining... I just find myself desperate for each one to end :heh:

With Time Attack... time isn't really a problem anymore :/ I just die instead.

I'm finding the same with the Time Attacks, Shorty. I'm still stuck on Time Trial 11 - just can't seem to beat Blanka, who's blocking everything.

does anyone else not use these silly ultra moves when playing online or is it just me? Even when losing I wont use them.

I like to be an offensive player but when playing a Sagat or Ken for example i have to go defensive when there ultra is up. I know if I jump in then the ultra is coming and bang there goes 60% of my health bar.

Supers are great but there was no need for capcom to put in these ultra moves.

I'm not even completely sure on how the super or ultra moves work lol it has something to do with the shoulder buttons right? I can pull one off with Ryu or Ken but not for any other characters which is weird, if anyone can explain it, that'd be appreciated. :)

Basically you have to press all 3 punch or kick buttons at once after the movement detailed in the move list.

ie, with ken it's D, DF, F, D, DF, F, HP+MP+LP

the three punches and kicks can be mapped to a single button (a bit cheap...), can't remember what the default is.

I use ultras, love em. And they're plenty easy to avoid. You don't have to go on the defensive, you can usually jump over them or interrupt them with a projectile style attack. If you've got their ultra bar up then you're probably winning and should just charge in and finish the job.

Ultras are easy to block so long as you're not mid-move when they activate it. The best way to make sure you connect with one yourself is to look up combos that string into them. It's the only fail safe way to make sure you get it without it being blocked or avoided.

Like Akumas one for instance. You can do it after a focus attack if you dash out of it and quickly perform the commands. Zangief is similar. Do a focus then you can do his Ultra (you dont even have to dash out of it with him). Unblockable if you do it, and guranteed ass-whooping.

Not to mention Zangief's Ultra does so, so much damage. :|

Unlike Seth's; how disappointing..

Ultras are easy to block so long as you're not mid-move when they activate it. The best way to make sure you connect with one yourself is to look up combos that string into them. It's the only fail safe way to make sure you get it without it being blocked or avoided.
Or bring them to their knees with an EX Focus Attack :)

Not to mention Zangief's Ultra does so, so much damage. :|

Unlike Seth's; how disappointing..

Yeah Seth's is stupudly weak.

I'm fine with Ultra's tbh. I play as guile and tbh i barely use mine, mainly due to how hard i find it to use during online matches (i find it a bit risky as i hate to lose and i know if i mess it up I'll usually end up open to attack). It's pretty easy to dodge most Ultra's tbh; if you get hit by them it's using due to either poor spacing, not blocking OR your opponent comboing you into them. If it's the latter, well fair play to them!

Seth's is stupidly weak because it's got the craziest range of them all. So 50% damage for 400% accuracy = fair.

After a thumb numbing hour or so trying to do Level 4 of Sakura's Trial mode on normal, what the hell was with Level 5?!

They taking the piss?

its almost impossible to finish the challenge modes

has anyone completed it yet?

if so :bowdown: lol

Hell no. Last time I played this, my thumb joints were hurting....

Hell no. Last time I played this, my thumb joints were hurting....

:laughing: lol same over here its the same as when i played Killer instinct back in the days

:laughing: lol same over here its the same as when i played Killer instinct back in the days

Killer Instinct really was a killer on the thumbs as you had to be so quick, this is a killer because you have to be so precise and takes so much more practice.

No pain, no gain though right?

I'll only gonna get really started with the damn game when I get my Tournament Edition Fightstick... So far, it's Arcade on Hard a few times a day. God damn delays!

I managed to beat arcade on hard today with Ryu. It's the first time I've tried and I didn't lose that many continues all told - I lost six times in total (5 of those were against Sagat) and I beat Seth first time so I was rather impressed with myself considering.

Still need to get back to unlocking the extra characters mind as I only have half of them.

Fucking god damn seth.... i hate this game. I hate it. I hate it.

Phew thats better. Seriously though i must really suck at this game. He hands my ass to me every time even on easy.... well iv beaten him a few times first time but others i just give up and turn the game off out of frustration.

Also.. the challenges. WTF.

[crouch] M punch

H Kick

Down-Down right-right- Punch

I hate you ryu. My fingers bleed just looking at it.

Ahhhhh.... thats better.

Fucking god damn seth.... i hate this game. I hate it. I hate it.

Phew thats better. Seriously though i must really suck at this game. He hands my ass to me every time even on easy.... well iv beaten him a few times first time but others i just give up and turn the game off out of frustration.

Also.. the challenges. WTF.

[crouch] M punch

H Kick

Down-Down right-right- Punch

I hate you ryu. My fingers bleed just looking at it.

Ahhhhh.... thats better.

if the bones in your hand have not broken, you havent been training hard enough...