NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

Haha, Skullomania was pretty entertaining I guess. Hey, do I have you on XBL?

I think I used to have you on but through having a purging of friends as I reached my limit I deleted people that hadn't been on in over 20 days I think. That was around when Fable 2 came out I think..

tldr, I deleted you a while ago :heh: Re-add me though for sure, and we'll get some games going.

Used Ken for the first time earlier. Bossed my flatmate with him to show him how easy it is to do with firey shoryukens. He was even playing as Sagat. I felt good.

You can roll up your nostalgia and smoke it =p. Still, neither of you can say that SFIV isn't infinitely superior as a fighter without being branded criminally insane =p.

I still break that game out now and again to play and always enjoy it too. My PSX or 2 aren't permanently hooked up, so it's a bit of a hassle, but it hasn't been more than 6 months since I last played. So I'm not just recalling memories from '97 here when I say how much I like it.

As for this game being better... Well since I've only had the thing for a matter of hours, I won't pass comment just yet, but it's certainly shaping up well.

As for this game being better... Well since I've only had the thing for a matter of hours, I won't pass comment just yet, but it's certainly shaping up well.

No. No you don't understand. Subjectivity doesn't come into it at all. SFIV is most definitely a better game. As are SF2, SF3 and SF Alpha. Now, whether you prefer EX Plus Alpha speaks more about your own personal neurosis than the quality of these games...

No. No you don't understand. Subjectivity doesn't come into it at all. SFIV is most definitely a better game. As are SF2, SF3 and SF Alpha. Now, whether you prefer EX Plus Alpha speaks more about your own personal neurosis than the quality of these games...

I stand corrected it seems...

I played this with Ine/Eenuh/Eeeenooo in GAME in Brighton, me versus her, 360 controller each. Hehe, it was pretty fun. Our complaints were that we both didn't like the graphical style of the game all that much. The backgrounds were alright, but it did hurt our eyes after a while to look at the characters.

The gameplay itself is great. I'd love to spend some time with it to try to find all the different combinations and stuff, and to also try it out using an arcade stick. It definitely has a feeling of nostalgia about it, too.

Also, Dhalsim sucked. Can't believe it. What the fuck did they do to him?

...hurt your eyes? This game looks amazing. Pr0s seem to be awesome with Dhalsim, but yeah they totally broke him for beginners and intermediates. Everything he does is so slow, it's like watching him coming at you in slow motion, giving you time to decide what to rip him out of the sky with.

I had a play of this for the first time today in HMV on the 360 and I have to say I really wasn't impressed with how the game handled on that controller. The analogue stick just felt wrong and didn't seem to work well and neither did the d-pad. I haven't had a chance to play the PS3 version but really it can't control worse than the 360 version. I have been considering getting this even though I'm not a huge fan of the street fighter games but I think I'd rather get it on the PS3, as long as it handles better.

I had a play of this for the first time today in HMV on the 360 and I have to say I really wasn't impressed with how the game handled on that controller. The analogue stick just felt wrong and didn't seem to work well and neither did the d-pad. I haven't had a chance to play the PS3 version but really it can't control worse than the 360 version. I have been considering getting this even though I'm not a huge fan of the street fighter games but I think I'd rather get it on the PS3, as long as it handles better.

I think it would be a bit harsh to judge the quality of the pad after just a quick go. My initial impressions weren't exactly good, but it didn't take long before I came used to it and I don't have a problem pulling off most moves - only on the d pad though, the sticks a big no no.

I always found the PSX's D-pad difficult for doing the supers that require Guile's Double Flash Kick input, but just going through the arcade mode in this yesterday, I managed to do either his Super or Ultra in every round at the first time of trying.

It just takes a little practice - not much, just more than you'd getting standing a demo kiosk.

There is always the option of buying one of those nice joypads or a stick if you get it for the 360, otherwise, the DS3/SA is pretty good for the Combo's and Ultra's.

BTW I will add you on PSN (I think I already have you on LIVE?)

yeah, controles are odd at first but you learn em quickly enough.

i need to get back on lest my skills wane (i say skills, i mean tinyest understanding of the game)

I think it would be a bit harsh to judge the quality of the pad after just a quick go. My initial impressions weren't exactly good, but it didn't take long before I came used to it and I don't have a problem pulling off most moves - only on the d pad though, the sticks a big no no.

I always found the PSX's D-pad difficult for doing the supers that require Guile's Double Flash Kick input, but just going through the arcade mode in this yesterday, I managed to do either his Super or Ultra in every round at the first time of trying.

It just takes a little practice - not much, just more than you'd getting standing a demo kiosk.

IMO, playing with the 360 analogue stick is bad, but playing with the monstrosity that is the 360 d-pad is even worse....

IMO, playing with the 360 analogue stick is bad, but playing with the monstrosity that is the 360 d-pad is even worse....

I hate using analogue sticks on digital controls - it always feels too unresponsive.

They're not digital controls, they've been redone so that a quarter circle works for d, df, f.

Super wonderful surprise at the end of time trial 10.

¬____¬ I hate Seth

:D

I'm on TT 14 or 15 I think. They get really inventive with some of the restrictions!

...hurt your eyes? This game looks amazing. Pr0s seem to be awesome with Dhalsim, but yeah they totally broke him for beginners and intermediates. Everything he does is so slow, it's like watching him coming at you in slow motion, giving you time to decide what to rip him out of the sky with.

I didn't really enjoy the graphical style all that much. It did hurt our eyes, as we were concentrating but..I dunno, the foreground (characters) just don't seem right in comparison to the background. Part of me thinks that this is "whoaaaaa, look at what we can do graphically" and another part of me just thinks that they didn't get it quite right.

It's not a huge thing, as the game itself is fun. But, it's one of these games where you need to spend time with it. I haven't played a Street Fighter game for so long.

I'm stuck on time trial 11 at the moment - too long and difficult!

hey does anyone know how to unlock the Super akuma Costume? i saw people playing with him couple days ago.

Yeah, simple. Just go to Japan, buy a Japanese copy of Street Fighter 4, get a Japanese XBL account, buy it some MS Points, hook it up to the internet, and buy the Shoto costume pack.

Short answer: It's not out here yet.

ooh oke if thats the case then ill just buy them

i thought that Super akuma costume was unlockable trough one of the Challenge modes or something

It's on the disk so it should be..

I'm an easy target if anyone wants a match soon. (PSN)

How long has the new outfits been out over here for? I want them both but over 300 points each is a bit much.

On a side note I decided to play it just now for a few minutes, went into practise and tried the super move with Akuma. Why couldn't I do it before I don't know. Did it perfectly 3 or 4 times just now. It's so simple.

The Brawler pack (Zangief, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Rufus, Abel) was available from launch, you get a code for it with the Collector's edition. The female pack (forgotten the name - but it's for Cammy, Sakura, C. Viper, Rose, Chun-Li) came out last week [apparently for 360, not PS3, ta Jav]. I bought the latter because I had 1140 points, I figured I'd still have 800, if I wanted to buy something that cost 800 I would be ok - if I wanted to buy something that cost 1200 or 1600 I would have to buy at least 800 anyway.... If it wasn't for the fact I was in that situation I wouldn't have got them, it's a bit too pricy for a slight graphical change, something that's on the disk already.