NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

I cut my fighting game teeth on Street Fighter II and the snes pad - there is no going back now.

People, people, when will you learn? This is to be played on an arcade stick, fellas!

That'd be nice. Sadly Amazon are a bunch of muppets and still haven't dispatched the one i ordered 10 days ago. The estimated dispatch date is still showing as 2/3/09 too :nono: I'd cancel, but i used a gift voucher and i'm not sure if it'll work again if a cancel the order :(

Wait, they got more stock in? Including fightpads?

I've not been told of any new stock and they said I'd be told :red:

edit: specifically.

We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

Wait, they got more stock in? Including fightpads?

They came in stock last week for like an hour or two, i did put a post up in both this thread and the 360 one. I "got" one but they haven't dispatched it, so i guess i didn't get it as other people who ordered have received theirs!

Yay! I finally got the 100 wins trophy :) Took over 200 matches though haha, my win percentage is about 45% :p

I also finally got over 1000BP! Wooo! haha.

Anyone know why you randomly unlock Titles and Icons when playing online? I only have about 10 icons and they're all a bit shit. I think some of them are got in the Challenges but i'm stuck there on like levels 12 and 14 of each. Would love Chun Li's icon for doing all hard challenges but im stuck on the last one. Stupid Ex focus cancel mallarcky that doesn't make sense :(

I think you get titles depending on the combination of medals, the number of battles, battle points gained etc

Ah this reminds me. Beat someone with a BP score that was more than tripple mine, so if I am at 1100, theirs was 3300+ Felt SOOOO satisfying taking off more than 100 points off them. Gotta love the anti-shoto guil but my god, the Normal Trial challenge of his is INSANELY hard! There is no way some stuff can be strung together. I even managed to do one of his hard trials, but am still stuck on one of the 'normal' ones.

Edited by Deathjam

Yay! I finally got the 100 wins trophy :) Took over 200 matches though haha, my win percentage is about 45% :p

I haven't won a single match yet. Rounds yes, but not fights. I feel so depressed.

Just tried Arcade mode for the first time in ages, on medium, and beat it with relative ease as Cammy - my first win on medium difficulty. Pretty funny that I was having such trouble with Easy mode when I first got it. Managed survival mode 13 too. Still can't get anywhere on Trial mode though - those combos are impossible for me, even the ones stringing three moves together!

Ah this reminds me. Beat someone with a BP score that was more than tripple mine, so if I am at 1100, theirs was 3300+

I did that once, when mine was 20 and theres was 60. Not so amazing :heh:

Great video review of Street Fighter 4 - look out for Storm Dain's pop video of indestructable! (Hilarity ensues) :heh:

Whoops, my 1 month trial Xbox Live subscription ran out today - guess I'll sign up for another three months, while I'm still enjoying SFIV.

Beat survival challenge 19 this morning. 20 looks pretty hard..

Is anybody wanting to buy my SFIV fight stick? Probably used for 2 hours max. I bought it thinking I could get seriously into the genre but I'm just not wired that way. I'm putting it on e bay as well but if someone wants it on here I'll sell it to them. I'm in leeds if you want to pick it up. PM on reply on here if your interested.

I was on a bit of a roll this weekend! Went from 1100BP to 1750BP!

My win ratio has gone up from 44% to 47%! That's a big deal!

I did lose to a n00b playing as Cammy though. I just hate that bitch, she's my nemesis. Spiral Arrow, Spirral Arrow, Cannon Spike... grr! Feck off!

I also beat a really skilled Dhalsim. That felt good. I've noticed more and more people using different characters though. I mean, there are still alot of Ryu and Kens out there, but theres more variety. I'm not sure i like it either, i've played Ryu and Ken so much im pretty good against them so when a Honda, or a Blanka, or a Gen comes along it just throws me off my game :p

I heard an immense trick with Dhalsim off a mate: if you ultra his slow moving fireball thing, then teleport across the screen you're opponent auto turns his back to the fireball and it's unblockable. Zing!

I heard an immense trick with Dhalsim off a mate: if you ultra his slow moving fireball thing, then teleport across the screen you're opponent auto turns his back to the fireball and it's unblockable. Zing!

They could still jump over it though :p

His fireballs always seem to catch me out though. They move so damn slow!

true, but the switch kind of fucks with you a bit- like you think you're blocking then suddenly you're walking in to a fierce punch to the teeth. And Getting set on fire.

Boo, dropped from 1850 BP to 1600 BP :(

It sucks having more points because you lose so much if some n00b gets lucky against you. I only lost two matches but that was enough to take 200 points off me! And when i win i only get 30-50 points because they're usually a similar level or lower than me.

Its a bit unbalanced and unfair if you ask me.

I did lose to a n00b playing as Cammy though. I just hate that bitch, she's my nemesis. Spiral Arrow, Spirral Arrow, Cannon Spike... grr! Feck off!

Cammy is my new fav :D I love when some noob's standing across the screen linking fireballs with Ryu or Sagat and you just use Spiral Arrow and the twirling backhand attack to get right up to them and teach them a lesson.

Boo, dropped from 1850 BP to 1600 BP :(

It sucks having more points because you lose so much if some n00b gets lucky against you. I only lost two matches but that was enough to take 200 points off me! And when i win i only get 30-50 points because they're usually a similar level or lower than me.

Its a bit unbalanced and unfair if you ask me.

Shit innit?

I have just over 2000 now, I got up to around the 2300 mark at one point, but lost a fight against a low ranking Ryu.

Why is it that I only seem to fight people with double my BP? I mean, obviously they are not fighting people with double - so why do I? I played at least 20 games tonight and all of them were against someone with a higher BP than me.

Have you got it set to "More Skilled" in the search settings?

Not that it would matter much, the search settings dont seem very strict. I come accross loads of people with no points and some with double mine when i have 1500 BP or so and i have it set to "Same Skill". It's bollocks.

I guess it does say "set search priority" so i guess you get a bit of everything mixed in with your preference, but it shouldn't be like that. Means its pot luck who you pick.