NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

The matchmaking is pretty shit. As you said, you can set it to 'same skill' and still fight people with 2000BP more. Or you can set it to strong connection and get nothing but red bars. The whole 'searching' function could do with a complete rewrite tbh - for example you spend 30 seconds searching, pick the person from the top of the list straight away and it says they're unavailable (often no reason is given...) and does it let you go back and pick a second choice? No, it makes you start searching again v_v

on a site note I played my 200th online match and won my 100th yesterday. So I'm slightly below 50% :heh: I also went back on arcade mode and cleared medium in one try with Cammy... no continues :D

Edited by Shorty

I might consider beating arcade on medium with all characters. I just dunno if I can be bothered with it, I've already done it on v. easy for Seth :heh:

I'm struggling with Seth on Easiest.

Tap hard kick. It works more often than not with most characters on easiest.

I wouldn't have considered bothering doing it on medium with every character but i found out you can do it with any character up until Seth, then choose the character you need to beat him with. Saves having to do every round with crap characters like Dhalsim, but the Seth fight will still be a pain in the ass.

That's cool. It's just the hassle of going through it all again :heh:

Dan Dare got royally owned by me earlier, and it was goooood. :D

Not played this for ages. Anyone game this weekend?

I'm up for a few games :) I'm free sat and sunday evenings :D

Tap hard kick. It works more often than not with most characters on easiest.

I wouldn't have considered bothering doing it on medium with every character but i found out you can do it with any character up until Seth, then choose the character you need to beat him with. Saves having to do every round with crap characters like Dhalsim, but the Seth fight will still be a pain in the ass.

I kindof screwed up with arcade with everyone on medium. I spent so long doing it over so many sessions... I've forgotten who I've done it with and who I haven't v_v; I'm fairly sure I've done it with about 22-23 characters I just don't know which ones I skipped yelling.gif

This game gets boring... easily. I can't really put my finger on why. I can still play Alpha 3 and Millenium Fighting with joy, but SF4... feels 'different'.

Are you playing it multiplayer or online at least? I got tired of the arcade mode fairly quick, and a bit fed up of the challenges, but SF's always been about the versus human element.

Are you playing it multiplayer or online at least? I got tired of the arcade mode fairly quick, and a bit fed up of the challenges, but SF's always been about the versus human element.

Thats mostly what I've been doing; playing with friends and family. No online though. I think its the simplicity and familiarization of the game while having fewer characters. With Alpha 3 and Snk vs Capcom, when i get bored with my main fighters, i go off to try some other characters at least just to see their animations. But the choices in 4 are limited and too familiar.

Bare in mind I win 95% of the fights. ^^

I kindof screwed up with arcade with everyone on medium. I spent so long doing it over so many sessions... I've forgotten who I've done it with and who I haven't v_v; I'm fairly sure I've done it with about 22-23 characters I just don't know which ones I skipped yelling.gif

Check the Gallery for which characters endings you don't have.

Check the Gallery for which characters endings you don't have.

I would do but I already completed it on easy with everyone early on so I could unlock everything v_v

Checklists are something I'm familiar with, you should've seen the double sided A4 spider diagram I had going when I was trying to find all the precious minerals on Mass Effect :heh:

Checklists are something I'm familiar with, you should've seen the double sided A4 spider diagram I had going when I was trying to find all the precious minerals on Mass Effect :heh:

Guh, don't get me started on that - I got far too bored of the 4 or 5 slightly different planets too easily to go to all of them and find the treasures :heh:

Gotta make them fun to do though - my checklist was done in marker, so whenever I got to cross off a character I got to grab my huge marker pen and put a great big satisfying cross through the name :D

I am NEVER playing this game online ranked again.

I AM SICK TO THE BACKTEETH OF THE CHEAP ASS MOTHER FUCKERS WHO PLAY RANKED GAMES.

ALL I'VE PLAYED AGAINST IS: BISON (CONSTANT PSYCHO CRUSHERS, DOWN KICKS, DIVING ATTACKS.), BLAROG (CHEAP PUNCHES, FUCKING HEADBUTTS), KEN'S (OMG SHOURKYEKSNNSADSA!!!) AND ABEL (HAHAHA THROWS? YEAH I LOVE THEM!!!!111111111)

I JUST LOST 14 TIMES IN A ROW, I STARTED WITH 900 PONTS. I NOW HAVE FUCKING 241! UFAIDISAJDAS FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I am NEVER playing this game online ranked again.

I AM SICK TO THE BACKTEETH OF THE CHEAP ASS MOTHER FUCKERS WHO PLAY RANKED GAMES.

ALL I'VE PLAYED AGAINST IS: BISON (CONSTANT PSYCHO CRUSHERS, DOWN KICKS, DIVING ATTACKS.), BLAROG (CHEAP PUNCHES, FUCKING HEADBUTTS), KEN'S (OMG SHOURKYEKSNNSADSA!!!) AND ABEL (HAHAHA THROWS? YEAH I LOVE THEM!!!!111111111)

I JUST LOST 14 TIMES IN A ROW, I STARTED WITH 900 PONTS. I NOW HAVE FUCKING 241! UFAIDISAJDAS FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Im sorry but this made me LOL. HARD! I hope you find some solace in that :D

Who do you main? Maybe you need to fine tune the strategies you have when you use them. I find that I am always learning new things from my online battles. Shame that my fingers constantly hurt afterwards ¬_¬

for bison you have to Counter him a lot lots of blocking

i have easy wins Sometimes even Perfect when i Use Gouken Ryu or Sagat

Just punish them for being predictable and then do a big combo onto to them which will do shitloads of damage.

the 10-game win streak trophy STILL escapes me. I get so close and then some Sagat or Zangief expert comes along and makes me start all over again :(