NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

The other day I fought someone who used Bison and basically just jumped backwards all the time until they couldn't jump backwards anymore. Seriously, they did nothing else. And when I approached they did the kick or charge attack. Lamest fight ever. That or the army of Kens who do nothing but Shoryukens over and over and over again.

players of this game have annoyed me.. I don't own a 360 or ps3 but have good acess to it.. I am a champ ass at street fighter 2 so I kinda knew how to play..

It's come to my attention that most people don't know how to play fighting games.. they learn off ALL the moves and techiques but well never use them right..:)

also is it me or is the ps3 controller so so bad for fighting games like this one.. the r2 and l2 suck I have to change controlls..360 isn't great either.

this is a great game though.

The other day I fought someone who used Bison and basically just jumped backwards all the time until they couldn't jump backwards anymore. Seriously, they did nothing else. And when I approached they did the kick or charge attack. Lamest fight ever. That or the army of Kens who do nothing but Shoryukens over and over and over again.

I went against a guy who did that to me about 6 times that other night... Cammy was good against him, but she's just too weak to be of that much effect to Bison.

I fought someone with over 5000 BP the other day who didnt use specials, supers or ultras at all. He basically ripped me apart with weak strikes, basic throws, perfect blocking and the occasional taunt. Much respect!

I find the best way to deal with Bison is to block the psycho crushers, rather than jump over them. As it passes through you, turn and Hard strike, rinse and repeat until either you win or he learns his lesson about psycho crusher spamming

I hate bison players. Usually they just charge the crusher or the stomp, so i do the same and either Sonic boom the crusher or Flash Kick the stomp. That said it's so easy to dodge the stop simply by moving out the way. Infact focus attacking should work too. Just nail them with a few combo's and you're fine.

Longtime SNES SF2 afficionado and obsessive nut. Played this on the PS3 the other day and was actually shocked at how much of a reboot of SF2 it is. All good really.

Still, stepped into it like a pair of comfy slippers then got to seth..(or seph?)...got pulmelled over and over and over again. (On normal AND easy). Seemed utterly game-breaking. Spent an age figuring out specials and STILL couldn't beat him.

NOT BUYING IT. PISSED OFF. I'T'S SHIT. NOT FUN. But God I still want to play it...

but..buying SFIV for single player? who the hell did that? buy it and fight people

Longtime SNES SF2 afficionado and obsessive nut. Played this on the PS3 the other day and was actually shocked at how much of a reboot of SF2 it is. All good really.

Still, stepped into it like a pair of comfy slippers then got to seth..(or seph?)...got pulmelled over and over and over again. (On normal AND easy). Seemed utterly game-breaking. Spent an age figuring out specials and STILL couldn't beat him.

NOT BUYING IT. PISSED OFF. I'T'S SHIT. NOT FUN. But God I still want to play it...

Yeah, game-breaking was the word I used. He's a bit of a shit. There are a few tactics and sometimes you have to get lucky, he seems to fluctuate in difficulty a lot too.

Amazon still seem to think they're dispatching my Hori stick on the 6th March. Time for a complain email methinks...

I got over 2000 BP! God knows how i did that. I'm top of the board out of the N-E PS3 lot as well! (Sorry Matt :P). I'm sure it wont be for long. I tend to have streaks where i do really well, then i somehow manage to lose to n00bs and get docked 100s of points at a time :(

Also, liquidmetal, how on earth have you won like over 200 matches but have less points than us? It makes no sense, unless you also lose alot too =/

Still love beating people as Chun-Li. They dont expect it, so it feels soooo good. Have had a few compliments from players saying im the best Chunners they've faced (which might not mean much as i havnt come accross many myself, but hey!).

i have now like 1200 BP

and last time when i fought against someone using bison the easiest way to win is to keep attacking because Bison has to Charge up his attacks before they can use them i won 3 times in a row with perfects doing that with ryu

Still love beating people as Chun-Li. They dont expect it, so it feels soooo good. Have had a few compliments from players saying im the best Chunners they've faced (which might not mean much as i havnt come accross many myself, but hey!).

Spinning-Bird-Kick! They don't expect it because they don't normally fight anyone other than Ken.

I'm considering getting back into this... any tips? I'm pretty much still a 'noob' at it as I've only completed it with two characters on Medium... >>

I got over 2000 BP! God knows how i did that. I'm top of the board out of the N-E PS3 lot as well! (Sorry Matt :P). I'm sure it wont be for long. I tend to have streaks where i do really well, then i somehow manage to lose to n00bs and get docked 100s of points at a time :(

Also, liquidmetal, how on earth have you won like over 200 matches but have less points than us? It makes no sense, unless you also lose alot too =/

This has reignited my fighting flame! Wanna pit your chun li against my Sakura? Used to main chun li before my fingers started suffering from the strain of her combo strings.

This has reignited my fighting flame! Wanna pit your chun li against my Sakura? Used to main chun li before my fingers started suffering from the strain of her combo strings.

Oh no, i've done it now! Yeah sure, we should have some fights some time. I'm sure it will make you feel better to beat me :p

Oh no, i've done it now! Yeah sure, we should have some fights some time. I'm sure it will make you feel better to beat me :p

Mind you I am a bit rusty. Really want to get back into this strong.

Not played this for ages due to Resi/Socom/CoD5/Xbox360. But now this gives me incentive to play again. :p

I'm proper rusty, and now my XBL has gone to hell in a handcart. Fuck.

What's a handcart?

Long story short, those 200+ wins come from E. Honda while ive lost almost that many with El Fuerte. Hes a blast to use but his stamina and basic strikes are terrible

It's just a saying.

translation: it's fucked

Isn't it hell in a handbasket? :heh:

...maybe.

don't hurt me. i have broken interwebz and need comfort and support.

I jinxed it. Went on tonight, thought id just kill some time and have a few matches. Lost 250 points. It's ridiculous! All of them had over 1000 BP and they all got between 60-100 points off me. Its so not on. I won a few and got 30 points max. So unbalanced.

I've decided not to care about the points anymore though. I had my run! Its the fun that counts right?!?!

I jinxed it. Went on tonight, thought id just kill some time and have a few matches. Lost 250 points. It's ridiculous! All of them had over 1000 BP and they all got between 60-100 points off me. Its so not on. I won a few and got 30 points max. So unbalanced.

Actually it's perfectly balanced :indeed: You get more points for beating people with a higher BP than you, and gain significantly less for beating people with a lower BP. I remember having about 60BP and fighting someone with 2500, they beat me and gained about 3 points.