N-Europe

Turns out they're trying to build 170 wind turbines on the Shetland main land the size of the London BT tower.

I'm all for sustainable energy... but what the fuck? http://www.sustainableshetland.org

Crazy shit.

OMG, they want to build wind farms where it's both reliably bloody windy and there are very few people!

I'm also somewhat of an exception, as I actually quite like wind turbines - I think they're kinda elegant.

There was/is a plan to build a large farm on Lewis/Harris, but it's on hold because it's spoiling the scenery. Thing is, the scenery is barren, flat, winding, rain-swept, empty, featureless, and viability is often shite (I've been there, before you ask) - if anything, wind turbines would at least give you something to look at. And if you don't like them, bitching about it gives you something to do, as there is bugger all else.

Everyone wins!

OMG, they want to build wind farms where it's both reliably bloody windy and there are very few people!

I'm also somewhat of an exception, as I actually quite like wind turbines - I think they're kinda elegant.

There was/is a plan to build a large farm on Lewis/Harris, but it's on hold because it's spoiling the scenery. Thing is, the scenery is barren, flat, winding, rain-swept, empty, featureless, and viability is often shite (I've been there, before you ask) - if anything, wind turbines would at least give you something to look at. And if you don't like them, bitching about it gives you something to do, as there is bugger all else.

Everyone wins!

I completely agree with you, I think they look relatively nice. If they help the enviroment then I'm all for them, I mean it's better sacrificing something now rather than ruining the entire earth and having to sacrifice alot more in the coming years, right?

I completely agree with you, I think they look relatively nice. If they help the enviroment then I'm all for them, I mean it's better sacrificing something now rather than ruining the entire earth and having to sacrifice alot more in the coming years, right?

Did either of you even read any of the site Jordan posted? Making those pretty much ruins the Shetlands. Not to mention it apparently means digging up a massive amount of old Peat, which releases a hell of a lot of CO2 (which is the thing they're trying to cut down on...)

You're saying you wouldn't mind growing up not knowing what a hill looks like without 145 metre windmills all over the.

145m is like, the size of the London Eye.

Its just me and a few others in work today, well by a few i mean 4. And it is very quiet. So quiet in fact that i have spent most of the morning on the phone to my mates and generally plodding along with my work.

Seriously can't wait for 4pm to arrive 2 hours and a bit to go from now

Nice to know someone's with me on this one! :smile:

Nice to know someone's with me on this one! :smile:

I think they look nice. Much better looking than coal fired ower stations and the like. And a lot better for the environment as well.

When I get my own house and a bit of money I'll attatch an old aeroplane propellor to the roof and use that to generate electricity.

Guest Jordan
Did either of you even read any of the site Jordan posted? Making those pretty much ruins the Shetlands. Not to mention it apparently means digging up a massive amount of old Peat, which releases a hell of a lot of CO2 (which is the thing they're trying to cut down on...)

You're saying you wouldn't mind growing up not knowing what a hill looks like without 145 metre windmills all over the.

145m is like, the size of the London Eye.

Nice to know someone actually read it.

I have nothing against wind power, there are some fantastic ones just outside of the town i live in that directly benefit our local community.

What they are proposing will destroy wild life, benefit the land owners, we will not get any reduced bills or even any electricity from this it goes straight to the main land. Not to mention if it doesn't gain profit (its funded half by the council) Shetland will have no council funding for decades. No shit.

I am pissed off. I repeatedly told my sister that she couldn't take my DS charger skiing just because she couldn't find her own, and she's gone and nicked it. She has no right to take my things, she keeps doing this though. I'm sick of it.

I am pissed off. I repeatedly told my sister that she couldn't take my DS charger skiing just because she couldn't find her own, and she's gone and nicked it. She has no right to take my things, she keeps doing this though. I'm sick of it.

SNAP! my sister is 21 and nicks my clothes and I'm not even 18 yet. I only find out because they are dirty on her floor and then I end up letting her have them because I don't want stuff stinking of her horse and whatnot.

>_>, oh well I'll get my own back eventually. Siblings eh?

SNAP! my sister is 21 and nicks my clothes and I'm not even 18 yet. I only find out because they are dirty on her floor and then I end up letting her have them because I don't want stuff stinking of her horse and whatnot.

>_>, oh well I'll get my own back eventually. Siblings eh?

We should make a group or something and plot the best ways to get back at annoying siblings.

We should make a group or something and plot the best ways to get back at annoying siblings.

oh it's easy trust me, after 18 years of being around that thing I've had a trick or too.

It's quite funny keeping secrets with the whole family AND her boyfriend without her knowning. I've been having driving lessons since october and she still doesn't know, teehee.

My bro takes stuff without asking me aswell.

He nicks off with stuff to uni, ranging from DS games which he gives to his girlfriend to borrow. DVD's, which he manages to lose a few discs to. Also my old guitar.

If i ever touch his stuff though he goes mad. (He's 21)

If i ever touch his stuff though he goes mad. (He's 21)

Precisely. I was about to go brush my teeth a few mornings ago and she started running at me flailing her arms screaming "DON'T GO IN MY ROOM!" She also likes to think my friends want her to be in the same room as us when they come round, she comes in and expects to be allowed to play Guitar Hero III, go on my laptop, etc.

And whilst I'm venting, she thinks that her £10 stake in the Wii means that she has the power to kick me off it, dictate when she wants to go on, and mess with the settings (like naming the Wii 'Sparkle').

Precisely. I was about to go brush my teeth a few mornings ago and she started running at me flailing her arms screaming "DON'T GO IN MY ROOM!" She also likes to think my friends want her to be in the same room as us when they come round, she comes in and expects to be allowed to play Guitar Hero III, go on my laptop, etc.

And whilst I'm venting, she thinks that her £10 stake in the Wii means that she has the power to kick me off it, dictate when she wants to go on, and mess with the settings (like naming the Wii 'Sparkle').

Rude question but how old are you? Can you not talk to your parents about it? I did ask my mum about it and apprently my sister has been nicking my mum's make-up and whatnot and now we've banned her from taking anything, end of story.

Rude question but how old are you? Can you not talk to your parents about it? I did ask my mum about it and apprently my sister has been nicking my mum's make-up and whatnot and now we've banned her from taking anything, end of story.

If you looked at his profile you could see that he was 16.

Guest Jordan

I just went out in a 60mph wind to pick up a package which was a flat rectangle shaped envelope.

It acted as a sail, the sea is so rough its coming straight up onto the Esplanade (the main road in town), i'm bloody freezing... but i do mysteriously have alot of money.

Seriously, i have £400 and i'm being paied next week. Huzzah, lots of money for when i'm down in Yorkshire :)

As Moogle says, 16. :heh: And i did just talk to my mum and dad about it. Even though they know she takes stuff like hair straighteners from my mum, they just shouted at me and said there's nothing that can be done.

How about stay the hell away from my things?

As Moogle says, 16. :heh: And i did just talk to my mum and dad about it. Even though they know she takes stuff like hair straighteners from my mum, they just shouted at me and said there's nothing that can be done.

How about stay the hell away from my things?

Time to buy yourself some lockable boxes, I noticed a few years back that my money and other items so I bought myself a couple of lockable boxes and it's made life alot easier. I know you can't do it with the wii but it may help for things like chargers and whatnot

Time to buy yourself some lockable boxes, I noticed a few years back that my money and other items so I bought myself a couple of lockable boxes and it's made life alot easier. I know you can't do it with the wii but it may help for things like chargers and whatnot

You're right. I'm sure she's got some of my games aswell. This is going to be my action plan for the holidays: buy lockable boxes.