NEurope

I don't think it was the best Pixar film (that'd be Wall-E), but it had the most loveable and generally best character in any Pixar film (Carl).

Anyway, my day.

Still creating my facial rig.

Taking a long time, and it means I won't get as much work done this weekend as I wanted.

Really wish I wasn't ill yesterday and the day before.

I <3 UP. :love:

"Please be my prisoner! Oh please, oh please oh please!"

Gotta love Doug! :awesome:

"Please be my prisoner! Oh please, oh please oh please!"

Gotta love Doug! :awesome:

For christmas I want that talking doug toy on the disney site - yes I realise how childish this is. :weep:

There's a talking Dug toy?! =O

*wants*

''My name is Dug. I have just met you and I loooove you.''

PRESSING QUESTION: Should I see Up in 3-D or 2-D? (Bearing in mind I haven't seen it yet)

AKA, is 3-D likely to stun me?

I woke up looking forward to seeing the first clip from the new HBO animation based on the Ricky Gervais podcasts...

It was meant to be aired last night on Letterman but I can't find any clips.

Very disappointed.

Found it!!!

My day is now complete.

I must admit, I am a huge, huge fan of Gervais.

I can't wait for this.

I check his website around 20 times a day to see if there's any blog updates, etc.

http://www.rickygervais.com/hboanimation.php

A better video is here.

I'm so looking forward to this.

My day so far is continuing to create a decent rig for a 3D face.

And I obviously have no heating or hot water.

And still feel ill.

But!

I do have a nice warm fuzzy dressing gown and hummus.

Hmm....

Hummus.

You and me both my friend. I've been listening to the PodCasts on YouTube the past few weeks. Brilliant. Upto season 3 now.

PRESSING QUESTION: Should I see Up in 3-D or 2-D? (Bearing in mind I haven't seen it yet)

Not amazing to be honest. S'alright.

Just got back from epic shopping in Milton Keynes. Bought loads of stuff (will post my purchases) did loads of Bish (will post my bishs) and tried the NEW FUCKING J20 BITCHES.

I really love J20 (usually apple and melon) this was really nice too.

Okay I can't find a picture anyway. It was Christmas Fruits flavour. Didn't even see the bottle so I don't know what was in it, but I think its Grape, Cranberry, Orange Peel and spices.

I went to see it in 2D cause I was afraid 3D would make my brain explode (plus it's too expensive for what you get).

2D when I went to cinematic it didn't seem 3D at all, wasn't worth the extra money.

Ine: http://www.disneystore.com/up-up-talking-dug-plush-11/p/1246893/71025/

theres one in like 32" I want either ^_^

Ooooooh! I'd have so much fun listening to him over and over again haha. Then again I'd feel the same if I had a talking Wall-E (even though he barely says anything =P ).

I went to see it in 2D cause I was afraid 3D would make my brain explode (plus it's too expensive for what you get).

Ooooooh! I'd have so much fun listening to him over and over again haha. Then again I'd feel the same if I had a talking Wall-E (even though he barely says anything =P ).

I think ashley has a talking wall-e..?

You guys are crazy for saying 2D.

I saw it in 3D, and it was the first thing I saw in 3D, and it blew my mind.

I never want to watch a high-production 3D movie in 2D again.

It just feels like a waste.

You're all crazy!!!!

*HEAD EXPLODES*

'Tis bonfire night up here. The town I live in always has like a massive bonfire night, with carnival, the saturday closest to Guy Fawkes' night so it's tonight. A joy of joys, it takes place literally 20 seconds walk away from my house. I can watch it all from the comfort of my own home without having to worry about being cold or getting covered in mud. Great :D Well, not really as I don't care for it anymore but that comes with growing up.

As for today, held off going out for as long as I could but just wanted out of the house. Bus took an hour to get to where I wanted because of road works which was annoying but I wasn't fussed. MP3 player FTW!

Bought Borderlands and Dragon Age: Origins but the stupid thing is I won't put much time into them before MW2 on Tuesday but never mind.

Got handed an email by my Uni about teaching English in China next summer. A two month internship is what they'd be offering but I don't know... I'd really love to do it but I don't see myself as confident enough nor competent enough to teach. I need to think it over more as I would love to do it, even though I don't see myself becoming a teacher.

Up is brilliant! POINT!

I like you, temporarily.

I do not like the cone of shame. :(

Hahahaha. Best film I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, I haven't posted in here for a while. I've worked Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the last week. Spent the last two days working at the same school, which was a lovely little place.

Then, I got a text message from my agency woman. This one school that calls on me a lot wants me to work Monday. Then, I get another message. They want me Tuesday. Then, they message again! They want me Wednesday as weeeeelll. So, I'm working those three days there, plus another day in another school on Thursday. Not only that, but I've got two more days guaranteed for the week after.

Moneeeeeeeey. Oh how I have missed you.

However, on Thursday, I started to feel a bit ill. Sore throat. Then, yesterday, sore throat and blocked nose. Now today, I have a sore throat, blocked nose and headache. :( Fix meeee pleassse.

Yesterday was strange. I finished up in school and started to walk up the road (it was freezing and just starting to rain) to my bus stop to get the bus back to Newport. However, a car pulls up and asks where I'm going to. It sounds seedy, but I recognised the woman from the school but didn't know her name. So, I get inside, start chatting...it only turns out she's the bluddy Headteacher of the school!

So, if that doesn't earn me any brownie points, nothing will. We talked a lot and she laughed...with me, I think. Oh yeeeah. Working my charm to further my career. What a slut I am. :(

How could you not know the "boss" Flinkymon?

She wasn't at the school on Thursday. And, the only other time I had met her was when I briefly said hi to her when I saw her in the hall. She didn't introduce herself, but just asked how my day went. But, most of the staff I had talked to had said or asked the same thing, so I just thought "oh, she's another teacher or something."

It's quite funny, because I was talking to one of the Year 3 teachers on Thursday who mentioned that they thought the Headteacher didn't spend enough time talking to the teachers and seeing how they were.

After an exciting morning of actually checking out Stumbleupon (something I'd been meaning to do for ages) I went to bed at midday.

Slept until 6pm yet I felt wide awake when I woke up.

Now the fun begins.

Would I need to trawl over numerous pages of the HWYD thread to get this or am I not the only one?

I know its probably too late but 3D. I think people still expect the "ZOMG ITS COMING AT ME!" 3D from films but then complain that its gimmicky. Up uses 3D just to create the scene and add depth. Well worth it. And I've seen it in both versions ;)

I think ashley has a talking wall-e..?

I have one of these;

The Disney Store have talking Wall-E plushes for £12 at present though. *ahem*Jim

Fix meeee pleassse.

I'm afraid that it will take too long.

Spent most of the day learning Maya stuff (again). Made a basic structure thing and learnt about animation tracking and stuff on there. Made a skeleton structure and will add skin and stuff tomorrow :)

Also, if anyone is stuck with what to get me for Xmas this would be nice;

What is Elmo? A seal?

(yeah the novelty will wear off before 2010 but whatever)

Terrifyingly excited for the next 7 nights! Going home tomorrow and spending the day/night with Chan. Then spending monday night with my mum seeing as it's her birthday. On tuesday morning I'm heading down to Cambridge to stay with Han for a couple of nights. Then friday, I'm heading back to have a mini winebar reunion with some friends before heading back to Sheffield on saturday with Channy for a night out with her, Ness and Razz.

Eeeeeeee! :bouncy:

Over the past few days, I've slowly realised that I'm working in a place full of attractive ladies. Every one is rather fetching in her own way. And I don't mean in a "Teen drama, everyone is beautiful, even the elephant man" type of way, I mean "pop group, every member appeals to a certain demographic" sort of way. I shall now analyse all of the ones that are within a repectable age gap of me, sorted by proximity to me in the workplace:

First off, the girl who I replaced. She has now moved on to a photographer job. To look at she is an "aquired taste". Shortish hair and very much a lady of rock. She once had a mohawk. Rad. But what makes her quite rare is that she is quite partial to retro Volkswagens. And not in a "I love campers and Beetles like everyone else" sort of way, more a MK1 Golf/Scirocco sort of way. This, combined with the love of photography, impresses the Goafer.

Secondly, a lady who works in packing. She is obsceneley beautiful. Very fashionable, but not in a pretentious way. Understated dress sense (seriously, she never wears low cut tops or anything. I don't even know what size boobs she has since she never draws attention to stuff like that). Designs handbags in her spare time, creativity is ace. An ungodly smile. Very pleasant. Tiny bit chubby, but it suits her. Wouldn't look right if she lost any weight.

Then there's a girl in customer services. She's a singer in a bigish local band, Harlequinn. Pretty much your standard soft/pop rock, attractive singer type.

There's another girl in design (I think). Short, bit stocky and blonde. Don't really know much about her. Pretty though.

And most recently, a girl in accounts has appeared on the goaferradar. Very quiet and pleasant. Now I'm going to sound like a total pervert, but what made her appear on the radar was the fact that she was wearing some lovely red pants (I wasn't perving, they just stood out a mile against black trousers ok?!). Made me see her in an entirely new light.

Unfortunately, some of them have boyfriends and the others have taste, so I don't stand a chance. But it's nice to be surrounded by beautiful ladies.

In short: I fucking love my workplace.

Edited by Goafer

After 6 years and 2 months. I, a proud Brummie, finally went to the new Bullring centre for the first time. It is a mint place. Very mint place.

Went with my brother and a mate - in a mini meet-up on another forum - and basically dossed around Birmingham city centre. Played DJ Hero and that EyePet game in an HMV and they were both pretty sweet. Must get both. But need a PS3 first. :blank:

Also watched a street performer as a statue. Was actually much funnier than any street performer statue bloke that I've seen before. Also bought a poppy because the girl selling them was a cutie. Much laughs and much laughs was had by us. :grin:

Good time made even gooder when I got home and found out the result of the Villa match: 5-1 to the lads in claret and blue. yay.

Am now knackered - and forgot what that felt like. Got a combined total of about 5 hours sleep from the last two nights so it should really be beddy-bye time. I'll go in a bit. :santa: <- pretend that's a nightcap.

Edited by Roostophe