NEurope

I am officially back on FB after about.. a year or more. I might even change the picture and everything.

Hey guys! Did you know that under Section 49 of the Youth Justice act 1997 that the media can't identify juveniles under 18 in reports of court proceedings? I do, because I'm revising court law and it's shit!

some of you may rember that i recently scored a new job by being picked as one of the best operators from my recruitment agency

today, i was told i was the best operator there, yesterday, the site manager said i had excelent phone skills.

im the best of the best!

hoping i can at least get a reference, if not a more perminant position out of this. it may not be a fun job but some job security and a chance to earn some money are difficult to come by these days.

Well done Chris, hope it helps you in the future to be the best right now. =)

I managed to oversleep today, whoops. Been having weird dreams lately and they make me not sleep well. So I've been tired and I guess I needed the sleep heh. Not like I really missed much.

Spent most of the day reading and working on my dissertation. Managed to write 760 words, whoo. I know that's nothing but it's a start for me haha. I have a total of about 1300 words now... Still about 18,700 to go now. =P

Also, I managed to pass two of my classes, whooo! Passed one with a pretty great grade as well. =D

They're both for the teacher training I'll probably be doing next year. So passing these already means I'll have a bit less to do next year. ^___^

Turned out I didn't have a day off uni.

I was meant to wake up at 10 and do work all day; but instead I woke up at 2:15 and checked my Facebook (on my iPhone in bed) and saw that my second lesson (which starts at 2:15) wasn't cancelled.

Que getting dressed and walking into uni as fast as possible.

Now I'm in a uni computer lab doing work.

I'm staying here until 11.

I'm ridiculously behind with work.

So depressing.

It is, i've had many a day like this. Except Uni wasn't the reason as such.

Good on ye Chris, take it to the motherfucking bridge!

[Not sure what it means, but it's good.]

Hey guys! Did you know that under Section 49 of the Youth Justice act 1997 that the media can't identify juveniles under 18 in reports of court proceedings?

Yep.

Been playing the piano. It arrived today. One of the pedals is squeaky which is making my blood boil. The tuner is coming to sort it all out though.

Went to university before. We have a new tutor for our tutorials. We all have to do presentations...I hate presentations...

...and yet I put myself down for three. I really have no idea why, except that the three presentations I pricked were on Gramsci, Bourdieu and Foucault. Brain-gasm. I'm so excited.

Also, I'm going to a photography exhibit on Saturday with my friends at the Natural History Museum. I'm looking forward to it.

im the best of the best!

And you know what the best of the best get up to right? Grease up and play volleyball in a totally non gay way.

TopGun.jpg

Ugh, I think I've lost that loving feeling...

I am officially back on FB after about.. a year or more. I might even change the picture and everything.
I just signed up to Facebook the other week after years of 'nah thank'... I have no clue what to do on it!... stupid thing!

I just signed up to Facebook the other week after years of 'nah thank'... I have no clue what to do on it!... stupid thing!

You post meaningless thoughts and share pictures of yourself getting drunk... or is that just my friends?

You post meaningless thoughts and share pictures of yourself getting drunk... or is that just my friends?

Don't forget random lyrics or out of context emo drivel in your status.

I won £10 on the lottery today. Wasn't even aware my subscription was still active. Good day.

Seems I'm having a bad time of the Royal Fail lately. First, half my preset from my brother got lost in the post before christmas (though I still got two awesome books from him) and I just got an email from a company on amazon saying that the DVD I ordered from them (the excellent CB4. Check it out) has been returned to them 'severely damaged' and they're out of replacements. Pissed off as it was a sick deal at £3 and I really want to see it again. Oh and a few months ago some review copies of games got 'lost' en route to my house. Pikey theives no doubt.

I hope that useless bunch of twats get privatised in to the fucking dark ages.

Been playing the piano. It arrived today. One of the pedals is squeaky which is making my blood boil. The tuner is coming to sort it all out though.

That the shiny one your mother got ages ago? Also, how dare you have the money/space for a piano. I'd really like one. There's one in a local charity shop (beaten up old thing obviously) and I'm tempted but there's certain logic issues afoot.

some of you may rember that i recently scored a new job by being picked as one of the best operators from my recruitment agency

today, i was told i was the best operator there, yesterday, the site manager said i had excelent phone skills.

im the best of the best!

hoping i can at least get a reference, if not a more perminant position out of this. it may not be a fun job but some job security and a chance to earn some money are difficult to come by these days.

That's why you're called Chris the Great, not Chris the Run of the Mill ;)

Congrats :)

Don't forget random lyrics or out of context emo drivel in your status.

Lies. My current is "Ashley loves receiving an email titled 'I Think You're Dreamy'....even if its just from Lazy Oaf" Occasionally they're positive (or, to be more precise positive about something other than being knocked up...obviously other people's status', I seldom get knocked up).

Oh and a few months ago some review copies of games got 'lost' en route to my house. Pikey theives no doubt.

Rokhed did this in the past. Maybe he's getting revenge on us. Maybe he stole my Hannah Montana DVD (I got for my cousin's xmas present).

I wish I could control that nagging self-doubt that I need to draw like crazy. Someone on the course I've spoken to said he did about 50-60 life drawings and I've currently done 60 and if I keep on as is I'll have done 75+ by the time its due but still...nagging doubt.

Edited by Ashley

Rokhed did this in the past. Maybe he's getting revenge on us. Maybe he stole my Hannah Montana DVD (I got for my cousin's xmas present).

I'd forgotten about that. Entirely unsurprising from a deluded, self agrandising looser with a persecution complex though.

I wish I could control that nagging self-doubt that I need to draw like crazy. Someone on the course I've spoken to said he did about 50-60 life drawings and I've currently done 60 and if I keep on as is I'll have done 75+ by the time its due but still...nagging doubt.

It's good you're doing loads!

Practice makes perfect. And the more you do, the more you'll have which you are happy with.

Just read an amazing chapter about anthropological fieldwork and the issues surrounding it. There was one bit where an anthropologist was studying these right wing nuts and they were trading stories over the camp fire and they're all talking about how to solve the 'queer' problem and stuff like that (their serious solution involved "chains and trees and long-fused dynamite taped to body parts"). Anyways, they all tell a story until it finally gets round to him, Nine O'clock, and he tells a story too.

To cut an interesting story short, and the arrival at the fire side by a man on the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted list, he ends writing 'What I do hope is someday to forget, forget those unmistakable sounds, of my own voice, my own words, telling that Nine O'clock story.'

...if only all my readings were this enthralling.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone.

That the shiny one your mother got ages ago? Also, how dare you have the money/space for a piano. I'd really like one. There's one in a local charity shop (beaten up old thing obviously) and I'm tempted but there's certain logic issues afoot.

Uprights really aren't very big and it'd be an absolute waste of half a decade's worth of lessons, and plenty of time on my part, to not have a piano. As it is, for the first half hour I was looking at it pretty clueless. It's coming back to me now.

Meh, I realise why people don't offer help anymore to certain people.

Kept being bugged by those to help out with work, which is fine, but I can see why others are now ruthless. Its such a pain.

I'm knackered, but at least I'm finished.

------

I have my first ever collections tomorrow (basically an Oxford word for intra-college exams, which don't count for anything, but you need to pass to avoid getting kicked out). There's a cash-prize for the person who does best in each subject, but I seriously doubt I'll even be in the running for it, considering I've done no work all last term.

I opened my folder up to revise, and realised I didn't even know what some of the Analysis tests I was referring to when I took the notes are.

It's starts at 9:15 tomorrow, so I'm going to bed now so I get enough sleep.

It's good you're doing loads!

Practice makes perfect. And the more you do, the more you'll have which you are happy with.

Yeah I know, but I just wanna sleep! :p

------

I have my first ever collections tomorrow (basically an Oxford word for intra-college exams, which don't count for anything, but you need to pass to avoid getting kicked out). There's a cash-prize for the person who does best in each subject, but I seriously doubt I'll even be in the running for it, considering I've done no work all last term.

The more you talk about Oxford the less it sounds like a university and the more it sounds like a morning breakfast TV show.

Today has been undeniably great! :D

Vampire Weekends new album is the backdrop for this day. The morning is the standard affair of revision. By lunchtime I'd run out of note paper so I put on my suit (my new look) and went out to get some more.

Picture this I've just bought my lunch from KFC and decide to eat it outside on the seats in the middle of town as it was a beautiful blue day. I sit down to tuck in and staring me down is a fat ass Seagull who is eying up my treat. I didn't want to ruffle its feathers so I went to move in slowly at which point it GRABBED my bag and started maliciously tearing it apart desperately trying to peck at the delicious food contained within. It then proceeded to drag the remainder of the bag across the bench attempting to lift it up!

I'm sat there stunned, unsure what the hell is happening, still sipping on my fanta when this lady comes to my rescue with loud bird noises and obscure motions of the arms to shoo it away. It worked but the rest of the meal was so uncomfortable as I was constantly watching the skies wary of any other attacks! :grin:

Normal day, I hate my life painting. I wish I could paint boldly like everyone else in the universe. Fair enough I did a good drawing of the figure, but I paint so thinly and too scared of it all going wrong with thick paint that I just do it all washed out and rubbish, and the paint is hard to control/takes ages to apply. Basically needed another day on it. Eh.

Went home, checked my e-mail from ECA about the questions I have to answer instead of submitting a mini portfolio (which I spent ages preparing anyway...), I screamed, thinking the 22nd of Jan was tomorrow. :p (The words "Friday", "Deadline" and various dates like "22nd" and "29th" have been batted around college so much, I got confused). In my horror, I did all the questions, then realised it was the 14th on Jan.

BUT it got me to actually do work, BEFORE THE WEEKEND. I feel so...normal. Stil, got more to do.

Went driving for a bit with my dad later on, went around for a good while, I wish I were better, but I can "do it". It's just not...flowing in my head yet. Like when there's a big area without any markings I have no idea what to do. But yeah.

Meh, I realise why people don't offer help anymore to certain people.

Kept being bugged by those to help out with work, which is fine, but I can see why others are now ruthless. Its such a pain.

I'm knackered, but at least I'm finished.

Yus!

I spent so much time helping people this year and... I mean, it's nice and everything; but sometimes people aren't grateful, don't return the favour and it's just so time consuming.

Fuck 'em!

im the best of the best!

Well done, Mr. The Great. It's always nice getting complimented at work, isn't it? Hope it does lead to a full-time position. :D

Also, I managed to pass two of my classes, whooo! Passed one with a pretty great grade as well. =D

They're both for the teacher training I'll probably be doing next year. So passing these already means I'll have a bit less to do next year.

And well done to you, too. Good work. Although, I hope you don't like this teacher training too much...a family of teachers (dans le future) would be tough for all the little ine and me's.

I think most schools are now open, as the snow is melting/turning into slush. Awesomes. Hopefully I'll actually have some work coming in early next week. My brother's college was closed this week, but they're open for tomorrow. So, it's looking like things are returning to normal.

Yus!

I spent so much time helping people this year and... I mean, it's nice and everything; but sometimes people aren't grateful, don't return the favour and it's just so time consuming.

Fuck 'em!

I found one individually, although really nice doesn't actually know anything so they can't return the favour.

No more helpings!