Monster Hunter Tri

flameboy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PAL Boxart:

wss5ro.jpg

Thats one nice boxart, it tells some key things about the game. And the cover is also overflowing with "Im a hardcore game". If i never knew of the game and i saw it in the shops i would immediately buy it.

How come the yanks get a free demo for this game just by walking in to Gamestop yet we get sod all? I thought Nintendo/Capcom were trying to push this over in the west? They could have at least given us the same deal by letting us get a demo at GAME or something.

*Goes to angry dome*

angry_dome.jpg

How come the yanks get a free demo for this game just by walking in to Gamestop yet we get sod all? I thought Nintendo/Capcom were trying to push this over in the west? They could have at least given us the same deal by letting us get a demo at GAME or something.

*Goes to angry dome*

angry_dome.jpg

I thought the series has historically done better in the PAL regions than in the US? Perhaps offering the demo is their way of trying to expand more in the US while hoping Europes previous fans are still there.

*Goes to angry dome*

angry_dome.jpg

I think it's due to localisation issues. One demo for the whole of the US, it's not quite as easy for Europe. What's more, they desperately want that series to break the US, as it'll be BIG business for them. MH3 is already the most successful home console version.

I think Nintendo wanted this on Wii as along with Dragon Quest they've got the two of the biggest third party franchises in Japan. Capcom wanted this on Wii as with Nintendo's marketing muscle it could make it in the US.

If they'd done it on the 360 it would have made it in the US, but flopped in Japan. On the PS3 it would have been about the same in Japan, but not done as well in the US. So Wii was perfect choice for both, here's hoping it performs well in the West!

GAME just sent me an email saying that the price has gone up from £29.99 to £34.99. I preordered mine when the release date got announced so I still get it for the cheaper price. : peace:

Aw, I was going to order it from GAME for £29.99 since HMV put the price up.

The Exclusive Edition from GAME is indeed the Pro and Wii Speak bundle in a chest box, they've put a picture up now.

It plugs into the Wii-remote like the classic controller. No need for batteries or anything. And when I seen the picture of the MH 3 chest earlier, I assumed is was some sort of bust along with the Controller Pro and WiiSpeak.

Would have been interested in getting that if I didn't already have WiiSpeak. Pretty much the only reason why I bought Animal Crossing, never used the thing.

Are the sticks on the Classic Controller Pro in any way better than the ones on the original pad? If so I'm thinking of getting one for this... but if it's just the same controller with better grips then I'll leave it and just use the Wii-remote/Nunchuk combo... it's still a viable control method isn't it?

Are the sticks on the Classic Controller Pro in any way better than the ones on the original pad? If so I'm thinking of getting one for this... but if it's just the same controller with better grips then I'll leave it and just use the Wii-remote/Nunchuk combo... it's still a viable control method isn't it?

What's wrong with the sticks?

What's wrong with the sticks?

They don't 'feel' that good when compared to say... the sticks on a 360 pad, heck they don't even compare to the sticks on a Gamecube pad tbh, plus the sticks feel just a little bit too 'high'... does anyone else not have this problem?

They don't 'feel' that good when compared to say... the sticks on a 360 pad, heck they don't even compare to the sticks on a Gamecube pad tbh, plus the sticks feel just a little bit too 'high'... does anyone else not have this problem?

I guess I get what you're saying actually. I just thought you were implying that they were actually flat out bad. I'm fine with them though, and the only 'issue' I have with the CCPro is that I find it to be a tad ugly. :heh: Will still likely get it for the sake of comfiness though.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the amazon status. So checked up on this again and this is what the status of both the chest and Classic Controller Pro and MH3:

Monster Hunter Tri with Classic Controller Pro and Speak Limited Bundle (Wii) (2010) (Nintendo Wii)

Monster Hunter Tri with Classic Controller Pro (Wii) (2010) (Nintendo Wii)

PEGI Rating: Ages 16 and Over

No price, date or anything that was up earlier on the site.

Also when I went to check on the order status of these 2 it said:

Order Total: £32.98

Not yet dispatched

Delivery Estimate: 7 April 2010

I won't complain :heh:

Looks like you can get the figure with any preorder:

Monster Hunter Tri, the game everyone is talking about, roars into life across Europe on 23rd April 2010, and hunters that snap up a copy of the game or any bundle early will receive a stunning free Rathalos head figurine.

Europeans also have the opportunity to become the ultimate hunter by picking up the exclusive Ultimate Hunter Pack, a bundle which includes the game, a black Classic Controller Pro, Wii Speak accessory and a Lagiacrus head figurine. The Ultimate Hunter Pack will be available from launch.

No ordinary action game, Monster Hunter Tri features an entire living and breathing ecosystem, where monsters interact authentically and naturally with each other, their environment – and you.

You play an up-and-coming hunter in a land where humans and monsters co-exist. Your battles with the fearsome creatures you face will be challenging, tactical and you will learn to pick them wisely, respecting the monsters and seeking to defeat them only in order to gain vital items for your quest.

A story-led single-player mode allows players to immerse themselves into the game’s huge world, and multiplayer modes offer an additional level of excitement. Play co-operatively in a two player split screen mode or team up with friends online and take part in epic battles with enormous monsters. With full Wii Speak compatibility, hunters can share their knowledge of monsters’ weaknesses, discuss hunting strategy in real time, and even cry for help when needed or celebrate after a victorious battle.

Pre-order your copy or bundle now to ensure you collect a beautiful Rathalos head figurine. Monster Hunter Tri launches in Europe on 23rd April 2010.

Yeah they've taken the chest down from the site now, but my order is still processing...fingers crossed there obviously keeping the preorders but realised there mistake and no-longer will sell it....i have a feeling it'll be cancelled nearer the time myself.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!