03. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 78,000 / 484,000

04. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 59,000 / 794,000

05. [NDS] Puyo Puyo 7 (Sega) - 51,000 / NEW

06. [360] Gears of War 2 (Microsoft) - 48,000 / NEW

07. [PSP] Armored Core 3 Portable (From Software) - 38,000 / NEW

08. [PS2] CR Shinseiki Evangelion: Saigo no Mono (D3 Publisher) - 38,000 / NEW

09. [PSP] To Heart 2 Portable (Aqua Plus) - 33,000 / NEW

10. [NDS] Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Oosouji (Nintendo) - 26,000 / 66,000

WOW, amazing Wii sales, over 10:1 against the PS3, now that is good news! SONY must be gutted they didn't end up with Monster Hunter 3 :)

WOW, amazing Wii sales, over 10:1 against the PS3, now that is good news! SONY must be gutted they didn't end up with Monster Hunter 3 :)

Im still gutted ( as are my work mates ) it didnt end up on the PS3 or even the 360 for that matter. The Wii is a piece of junk when it comes to online gaming compared to the other 2 machines and seeing as the console MH games are online based I would have much rather seen MH3 on one of the HD consoles :( Still I will take what I can get when it comes to my MH fix.

In all seriousnes, I'd love to go huntin' with you guys if they added wii-speak.....IF!

Hey wait... this shiiit be online? *day 1 purchase* :D though tbh it always was gonna be anyway...

Im still gutted ( as are my work mates ) it didnt end up on the PS3 or even the 360 for that matter. The Wii is a piece of junk when it comes to online gaming compared to the other 2 machines and seeing as the console MH games are online based I would have much rather seen MH3 on one of the HD consoles :( Still I will take what I can get when it comes to my MH fix.

Screw that, I completely get where you're coming from H-o-T about the Wii not being the online console of choice but this isn't a Nintendo first party online game so hopefully Capcom will find some way to keep the online flowing well enough.

Besides this looks gorgeous on the Wii, plus it needs this title, the other two platforms have plenty of 'other stuff' coming out on them.

Can you please tell me how the online would have been different on the other consoles?

Other than the friend code system

Can you please tell me how the online would have been different on the other consoles?

shouldn't be anything else but doesn't stop devs using it as an excuse to make a games have crap on-line.

don't blame the game blame the system.

I'm not blaming anything. I don't understand how the online would be different on the PS3 that's all...

no i just mean people would blame the system and not the game for the bad online...

but in reality there should be no reason why an online should be any different but it probably will be toned down in some way compared to the 360/ps3 version.

I can sort of understand where you're coming from. But claiming the PS3 and 360 have some kind of 'godly' online experience is simply not true. I recently got a 360, and whilst I've had fun with it, I probably wouldn't have bothered picking it up f the Modern Warfare news had come along sooner.

The online is good on 360, but there are a lot of twats, beat them at Street Fighter they message you accusing you of being a noob, get beat you get a barrage of lols!

Also the Wii can have bad connections, but I've seen some real gaming ruining lag on the 360 and I've heard it can be as bad if not worse on the PS3. The Wii ain't perfect, but neither are the others.

no i just mean people would blame the system and not the game for the bad online...

but in reality there should be no reason why an online should be any different but it probably will be toned down in some way compared to the 360/ps3 version.

But there ISN'T a 360/PS3 version....

Ultimately, the online in this game is exactly how it would be on the HD consoles.... I don't get the slating before it's already come out

I can sort of understand where you're coming from. But claiming the PS3 and 360 have some kind of 'godly' online experience is simply not true. I recently got a 360, and whilst I've had fun with it, I probably wouldn't have bothered picking it up f the Modern Warfare news had come along sooner.

The online is good on 360, but there are a lot of twats, beat them at Street Fighter they message you accusing you of being a noob, get beat you get a barrage of lols!

Also the Wii can have bad connections, but I've seen some real gaming ruining lag on the 360 and I've heard it can be as bad if not worse on the PS3. The Wii ain't perfect, but neither are the others.

Where the hell do you get your info from?! Personally I would have preferred this on my ps3 as I have a mic for that, a tv that it actually utilises fully, and wired net with it rather than the wireless net with my wii, which miraculously, gives little lag if any (I detest wireless really).

Either way, day 1 purchase for me, and 1 of few reasons to dust off my wii.

Where the hell do you get your info from?! Personally I would have preferred this on my ps3 as I have a mic for that, a tv that it actually utilises fully, and wired net with it rather than the wireless net with my wii, which miraculously, gives little lag if any (I detest wireless really).

Either way, day 1 purchase for me, and 1 of few reasons to dust off my wii.

That's a great joke, it never gets old.

Downloadable trailers, downloadable demos, download TV shows/movies and soon to be music and Sky TV. Party chatting/private chatting, instant messaging, friendslists, the ability to see what your mates are doing, more stable connections ( personal experiences ) games actually getting patches when being hacked * points at Mario Kart * 360/PS3 has more more online multiplayer/co-op games = Win for me.

Honestly, I dont want to have to come on here everytime I want to play MH3 just to get a hunting party going. I would have liked to have just switched my console on, see what my mates were doing and then PM them to get their butts on MH or if there are in the middle of a quest I can just leave them be. No fuss to muss. :D

Im quite shocked that you think the Wii is in the same league as the other two in terms of online gaming, Dazzy. Nintendo has a LONG way to go before its even got a sniff of what the others have. In their defense its a market they have never really shown any real interest in but I think its about time they did.

I do agree that this game's online experience would probably have been better had it been on the PS3/360. Having said that, it's not out, and we have no idea of the online experience that comes with the game. Wii games can do quality online, equally as much as PS3/360 titles can do sloppy online.

I don't know about the PS3 but i'm gonna have to agree with pretty much everything HOT said a couple of posts above. The Wii is so far behind the 360 in terms of its online services it's mental. I also like the advertising they do over LIVE for new XBLA games; you don't get that on Wii or DSi for that fact. Hell, i can imagine the promotion MH3 would get...! I love how i can hop online and chat to my mates who can be playing completely different games to me and invite them to my game. I like the idea of games like 1 vs 100 where anyone can come in and have a go. The wii has nothing like this.

I don't know about the PS3 but i'm gonna have to agree with pretty much everything HOT said a couple of posts above. The Wii is so far behind the 360 in terms of its online services it's mental. I also like the advertising they do over LIVE for new XBLA games; you don't get that on Wii or DSi for that fact. Hell, i can imagine the promotion MH3 would get...! I love how i can hop online and chat to my mates who can be playing completely different games to me and invite them to my game. I like the idea of games like 1 vs 100 where anyone can come in and have a go. The wii has nothing like this.

I have both a 360 and a Wii and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. The 360 has better social functions and often has more stable connections.

However, you do have to pay for it which is a total rip off as it's still peer to peer and NOT server based. What's more you get a lot of arseholes, I play a lot of Street Fighter and I get abusive messages everytime I win, and mocking ones when I lose, it's really pathetic!

What's more it's an all or nothing system. On the Wii CODWAW I had two profiles, one for fun and one for serious gaming with my mates. On XBOX you have ONE, and if you piss about on it your stats get ruined and you can't just experiment and have fun unless you buy a second account. Total crap :(

Downloadable trailers, downloadable demos, download TV shows/movies and soon to be music and Sky TV. Party chatting/private chatting, instant messaging, friendslists, the ability to see what your mates are doing, more stable connections ( personal experiences ) games actually getting patches when being hacked * points at Mario Kart * 360/PS3 has more more online multiplayer/co-op games = Win for me.

Honestly, I dont want to have to come on here everytime I want to play MH3 just to get a hunting party going. I would have liked to have just switched my console on, see what my mates were doing and then PM them to get their butts on MH or if there are in the middle of a quest I can just leave them be. No fuss to muss. :D

Im quite shocked that you think the Wii is in the same league as the other two in terms of online gaming, Dazzy. Nintendo has a LONG way to go before its even got a sniff of what the others have. In their defense its a market they have never really shown any real interest in but I think its about time they did.

Sorry I don't think I was clear. Yeah PS3 and 360 have infinitely better online services, not even close. I meant with this game. Why would the online in Monster Hunter 3 be better on 360/PS3.

Sorry I don't think I was clear. Yeah PS3 and 360 have infinitely better online services, not even close. I meant with this game. Why would the online in Monster Hunter 3 be better on 360/PS3.

My bad, I thought you meant all of the online services.

I think the online would be better because of the few services I mentioned earlier. Setting up a game would be quick an easy with a friends list easily available at the press of a button, the headset/chat system is already in place so there is no need for faffing about with the whole will they wont they in terms of Wii Speak and as Zechs mentioned Live/PSN is ALOT more stable than the Wiis online games.

The actual gameplay of the game wont be different at all but when it comes to the experience of the game then I think thats a different matter.

My bad, I thought you meant all of the online services.

I think the online would be better because of the few services I mentioned earlier. Setting up a game would be quick an easy with a friends list easily available at the press of a button, the headset/chat system is already in place so there is no need for faffing about with the whole will they wont they in terms of Wii Speak and as Zechs mentioned Live/PSN is ALOT more stable than the Wiis online games.

The actual gameplay of the game wont be different at all but when it comes to the experience of the game then I think thats a different matter.

Yes, I agree about chatting, Wii Speak is a bit pants and headsets are clearly better for the serious gamer. I think Nintendo also needs a 'skype' style set up as a channel where you can talk to friends and play games at the same time so Wii Speak is automatic and essentially backward compatible.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!