Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Monster Hunter Tri

flameboy

Hehe, the Wii was already at v3.3 when the Oct 23rd Update came, people thought it was 3.4 but it wasn't, guess you could call it 3.3.1

And think they switched to .dol before 3.4 as I used the .dol file when installing on 3.3

(haha, and you're the one who thought me about HBC)

I think I used .dol for something not sure if it was for my Wii or mums, I think it was after the AC update I tried it with .elf and kept getting a stupid error and spent ages trying to fix it so I could play DotNW, only to realise I just had to switch a file.

How did you downgrade it? Format the memory?

And you could stop the auto update by just turning off the WiiConnect24, of course that'll stop you from receiving messages and the Nintendo Channel won't work.

I think you could stop it with turning off the WiiConnect 24, don't see why it wouldn't. I downgraded it with a HBC app. Lets you download any firmware you want from any region, though if you do a mistake when updating from a game it can semi-brick your Wii, though i'm sure it's fixable now. Like if you download 3.3U to play import games, but you upgrade your firmware with a E/J update, resulting in your Wii trying to install a firmware update from a different region.

But if your buying official games your still supporting it, the publisher and devs are still getting your money.

Yeah, just realised that now. Guess I lost my mind abit dwelling in all this firmware/HB stuff :heh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the series is doing really well... 3 million sales for MH: 2G on PSP (combined sales for the different versions). And that's just in Japan.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/Monster-Hunter-2G-Japanese-sales-hit-3m-units

Hopefully more money for Capcom will allow them to have enough breathing room to risk a Europe release with some gusto. I can understand why they aren't fussed about releasing it for the PSP over here but surely they can't ignore the Wii userbase?

What do you reckon sales of G will be like in Japan? So far the re-releases of RE and RE0 haven't shifted too many copies.

Actually, I believe the general consensus is that those games did pretty well; considering they were cheap re-releases. I think both hit 50,000 each or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's some info from Gaf.

We knew before that MHG and MH3 won't have free online, but they have now officially disclosed the pricing for MHG's online in Japan.

- There will be a 14 day free online trial campaign

- For ongoing online play, players will have to purchase Hunting Tickets

- 30 days ticket = 800 Wii points, 60 days ticket = 1500 Wii points, 90 days ticket = 2000 Wii points

This is for Monster Hunter G, but I think the rates will probably be the same for MH3 as well.

Now Japan has always paid for the online playing of the console MH games so it will be interesting to see if it applies to the rest of the world. We got to play MH online on the PS2 for free and you can play the PSP versions online for free aswell.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Demo Disc details (Bundled with MHG)

- 1 Player only

- Basically is the TGS demo but without Ragiakurusu mission

- Selectable Weapons: Big Sword, Small Sword, Hammer, Heavy/Light Bowgun

Compared to MMOs that's pretty good pricing.

I think thats obscenely expensive. Prohibitively so, actually.

If you consider that 2000 points is roughly £15, i think £60 is over the top for an annual subscription to a single game.

Hopefully, Capcom may choose to waive its fees for the Western Market, but i do feel for our Eastern friends' wallets.

I was comparing to MMOs where 60 days cost twice what capcom are charging. Here 2000 points is $20, that's 90 days, but for the average MMO 60 days is $30. For MH3 you could get 120 days at that price.

I know this isn't an MMO, but servers still have a cost to maintain.

You act as though this is different from what they'd do if it released on PS3. As has been said, in Japan it cost for the originals despite the free online of the PS2. You can't decide to just throw Nintendo's policy in as if it's something new and special.

You act as though this is different from what they'd do if it released on PS3. As has been said, in Japan it cost for the originals despite the free online of the PS2. You can't decide to just throw Nintendo's policy in as if it's something new and special.

I wouldn't pay for it on the PS3 either. To be perfectly honest, charging to play a console game online is ridiculous. Thanks to Pay & Play, we'll probably be seeing charges globally.

I really don't want to see Wi-Fi turning into Xbox Live. It may not have as many features, be as reliable or accessible, but it's free.

I wouldn't pay for it on the PS3 either. To be perfectly honest, charging to play a console game online is ridiculous. Thanks to Pay & Play, we'll probably be seeing charges globally.

I really don't want to see Wi-Fi turning into Xbox Live. It may not have as many features, be as reliable or accessible, but it's free.

I was mostly referring to this.

I agree, after Nintendo's free online policy, I can't see anyone wanting to pay for the privelage!

I say charging to play depends on the situation, I'm not sure about MH3, but with games like PSU and FFXI on consoles, they require large dedicated servers that can handle what they're doing. A random game that's just using P2P shouldn't charge and that's that. I'm not sure where MH falls under, but depending where I can see reason for the charges.

Zechs also used a key word, "Privilege" the online is after all really only a privilege and not a right, and I hate to say it but we're privileged to have free online service. Even on PCs most dedicated servers are being run out of pocket or on donations.

• 1 month later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!