NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

I played this at the media summit, on the big screen so that everyone else could lay witness to my noobishness. They had it hooked up to LAN, I had a pretty good time with it! I'll definitely be getting it day one.

Hey Tellyn, you lucky bastard:laughing: i've got a view questions for you about the media summit games.

1. How is monsterhunter 3 looking on a big hdtv? does it look jaggie? and is it really the powerhouse that the developers wants us to beleve?

2. Now a question about mario, is this game looking any better than galaxy 1 or about the same?

I started a thread to share wii friend codes for people interested in co op on monster hunter tri

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1133410#post1133410

please put your code in the thread... ta!

Hey Tellyn, you lucky bastard:laughing: i've got a view questions for you about the media summit games.

1. How is monsterhunter 3 looking on a big hdtv? does it look jaggie? and is it really the powerhouse that the developers wants us to beleve?

2. Now a question about mario, is this game looking any better than galaxy 1 or about the same?

1.... it won't have anti aliasing so it won't be less jaggie than other wii games... but it is one of the most beautiful wii games there is. I play on a 50" plasma and wii games look great on it.

2... it's the same engine, but not sure why you'd complain about that as MG1 is best looking wii games ever. Some enhancements can be seen in the trailer, like the fur shading from the bee boss being used in the environments now.

I started a thread to share wii friend codes for people interested in co op on monster hunter tri

I thought MH3 wasn't using the FC system but using the Guild Cards like in previous MH games? You walk into a town, see a player you want on your list, send him a friend request and then he's on your guild card. You can then check to see what area he's in, if he's online and if he's in the middle of a quest or not.

Went to preorder it from HMV and they've gona and bumped the price up £10, now it's £39.99, it was £29.99 before. They also have a listing for the classic controller bundle for £45.

You are right HOT that MH3T doesnt used Nintendo's friend codes system.

so how do meet people in the first place? just bump into them in the hub?

By adding people that are online in the lobby area.

Players will be able to set up quests and join each other in the hunt online with just a few simple steps. If you meet a friend or someone you wish to hunt with, you can simply add them to your friend roster, following their mutual agreement. This makes them easy to find in the future as a double click will take you straight to their quest if they are online.

You are right HOT that MH3T doesnt used Nintendo's friend codes system.

Have I died and gone to heaven?

So, out of interest, how would I add a real-world friend - hope i see them in the lobby?

Have I died and gone to heaven?

So, out of interest, how would I add a real-world friend - hope i see them in the lobby?

By the friend's name.

15zshtk.jpg

Monster Hunter Tri’s online is managed through hubs called cities, which are far more than just waiting and meeting rooms for players looking to quest together. Cities are gathering spots that offer services for buying and selling supplies, crafting equipment, imbibing status-boosting food and drink, and even challenging random passer-bys to impromptu arm wrestling bouts. But if you can’t seem to locate someone you know online, you can easily find friends by using a robust player lookup system that can help you locate your buddies with only partial names. There are numerous improvements over the overseas release, as well. Unlike the Japanese version, which had a monthly subscription fee and only offered text chat, the North American version of Monster Hunter Tri will offer both completely free online play and the ability to use the Wii Speak peripheral for voice coordination with your hunting team – an exceptionally valuable asset when you’re working to slay some of MHT’s fiercest fiends.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1133410#post1133410

1.... it won't have anti aliasing so it won't be less jaggie than other wii games... but it is one of the most beautiful wii games there is. I play on a 50" plasma and wii games look great on it.

2... it's the same engine, but not sure why you'd complain about that as MG1 is best looking wii games ever. Some enhancements can be seen in the trailer, like the fur shading from the bee boss being used in the environments now.

Im really not complaining about galaxy 1 graphics, they are fantastic. But from the videos galaxy 2 looks "different" than galaxy 1. I wonder how much of the wii is really in use for galaxy 1, really curious if they can top that with zelda wii.

When me and my mates played MH on the PS2 we used to pick a land/town/lobby that wasn't used by anyone and just play in that one all of the time. As soon as we came online and seen someone was in that lobby we knew it was one of us. If MH3 works the same we can just pick a land/town/lobby to meet up in and make that the official N-E meet up lobby. :D

Im sure this will apply to MH3 and most will probably realise this but I will mention it anyway. When creating your username online on MH1 on the PS2 once that username had been taken nobody else could use it. So if its the same for this game and you want to use a certain name for your character online then I suggest you get it ASAP.

Haha, I just relised I booked a holiday for the week after this comes out, but already planned to go somewhere with the wife for a few days, ah well.

I'll probably spend more time in single player for a while first anyway to get used to it since I never played any previous MH games

When me and my mates played MH on the PS2 we used to pick a land/town/lobby that wasn't used by anyone and just play in that one all of the time. As soon as we came online and seen someone was in that lobby we knew it was one of us. If MH3 works the same we can just pick a land/town/lobby to meet up in and make that the official N-E meet up lobby. :D

Sweet. First that village, then the entire MH world.

Im sure this will apply to MH3 and most will probably realise this but I will mention it anyway. When creating your username online on MH1 on the PS2 once that username had been taken nobody else could use it. So if its the same for this game and you want to use a certain name for your character online then I suggest you get it ASAP.

How's that work? Can you sign up somewhere already or what?

How's that work? Can you sign up somewhere already or what?

Nah, it was just first come, first served. So once it arrives the first thing you want to do is boot the online section up and create your account. That is if Capcom have kept everything the same as the first one.

I can't wait for this game, I've been checking out vids of it on YouTube and it just looks so awesome!

The switch-axe looks to be a pretty cool weapon.

I can't wait for this game, I've been checking out vids of it on YouTube and it just looks so awesome!

The switch-axe looks to be a pretty cool weapon.

Apart from the trailers I haven't watched any of the vids on youtube of the game. All of the creatures are new apart from Rathlos, Rathian and Diablos and I want to my first real look at the new mosters to be when im playing the game for myself.

Alot of the fun in the MH games comes from watching the beasties and learning their attack patterns, so you and your team can eventually take them down with ease. ;)

So is this game strictly on-line or something?

Not strictly but I imagine its considerably harder without help, unless it scales up. At least I had a great experience alone with the Japanese demo.

GAME has a listing for a "Exclusive Edition" for £69.99! :o

They haven't put any details of what's included up yet though, unless it's just the Classic Controller Pro and Wii Speak bundle.

GAME has a listing for a "Exclusive Edition" for £69.99! :o

They haven't put any details of what's included up yet though, unless it's just the Classic Controller Pro and Wii Speak bundle.

Hope their bundle consists of more. It would cost a bit less than £55 to buy them all seperately at the moment. And that's with online retailers already boosting their price for the game.