NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

*Goes over and cries in the corner as I have to wait another 2 weeks*:nono:

well, i kinda meant 'just over a week' for the manchester MHT event... a bit of hands on action :bouncy:

...but if it makes u happy.. yes... two weeks for launch:nono: nooooo fair....

:D

edge gave mario kart 6/10 nuff said , edge is probly the least trustworthy these days to my taste im gaming

Edited by yesteryeargames

edge gave mario kart 6/10 nuff said , edge is probly the least trustworthy these days to my tastse im gaming

Nah, it's just their opinion. Besides, Edge for one actually do give an average game a 5 - not a 7.5. :p

Nah, it's just their opinion. Besides, Edge for one actually do give an average game a 5 - not a 7.5. :p

Exactly - just like every review ever written.

So they didn't love every aspect or see it as revolutionary title - doesn't mean you won't enjoy it though.

Besides, we all now it's about the contents of the review, not the number at the end. Edge don't throw points at games for no reason... well, not normally anyway...

But ultimately, no amount of reviews you read can impact your enjoyment of a title - they just shape the expectations you judge the game against.

New Promo

I saw an ad on sky one yesterday round dinner time, just a bunch of text, something like "Prepar to Hunt" "The Monsters Are Coming" or somthing like that, was alright but I hope they do something better closer to and after release

Ok, here's the deal. I'd like to pick this up, but I don't have much spare time. Knowing nothing about Monster Hunter, is this the sort of game I can pick up for a bit and go questin' or will I need to sink some serious time into it?

d9fbb277.jpg

Got a review copy today! I've not really been interested in the game, but I'll give it a go and post some impressions later this weekend. Not sure I've really got the time to fully invest in it, though..

I would get this but I take it you'll really need unlimited Broadband usage to really play this game online... it's not something you can just have a few minutes on here and there.

Ok, here's the deal. I'd like to pick this up, but I don't have much spare time. Knowing nothing about Monster Hunter, is this the sort of game I can pick up for a bit and go questin' or will I need to sink some serious time into it?

Its very much a time sinker game. You could quite easily play the odd quest here and there but to get the most out of the game you have to be willing to spend ALOT of time with it.

d9fbb277.jpg

Got a review copy today! I've not really been interested in the game, but I'll give it a go and post some impressions later this weekend. Not sure I've really got the time to fully invest in it, though..

Then send it to me!!!! :D

In other news my wireless keyboard just arrived, so im all set for some fast typing action while fending off various beasties come 23rd April.

I've played on it for three quarters of an hour or so, and been utterly bored by it! Really not my type of game. :/

I've played on it for three quarters of an hour or so, and been utterly bored by it! Really not my type of game. :/

I think I should be removed as a Mod as im going to find it really hard not to dish infractions out for anyone who bad mouths this game. :D

I take it the servers aren't up and running yet, Mike?

I haven't tried online yet, to be honest. I may have a look later. I'd probably be more willin to give it another shot if I wasn't halfway through playing Metroid Prime 2.

N-Europe's review copy has also arrived! I put about an hour and a half into it so far; I'm quite glad I got to try it at the Nintendo media summit, as I had a grasp on the basics before playing it (there's a hell of a lot to get your head round in terms of controls and things to do). I'm enjoying it, but I have to agree with the con ONM listed in their review... sometimes I end up slashing at nothing in the midst of a battle, so the entire process can be a little fiddly.

I'm looking forward to delving further into it, hopefully it doesn't eat up too much of my time! Any questions, guys and gals?

Just back from the Glasgow event. Man, that was freaking awesome.

2 hours just flew by. Never really had a problem fighting the monsters. A group of us were mad enough to try and beat Lagiacrus. We got pwned. Dear god we got pwned :blank: Fun as hell though.

You suck Mike. Ban him Adam, ban him...

My question would be, servers up?

You suck Mike. Ban him Adam, ban him...

My question would be, servers up?

Don't tempt me! Nathan mentioned the lack of lock on ( in a way ) which i've decided is now also a bannable offence. :D

I would also like to know whether the servers are up and running?

I can't believe that some of you have it sitting in your house right now. The next 2 weeks will be very exciting yet agonising at the same time.

Mike you're a little bastard you know that? You always come here talking about your preview copies, posting pics of the discs and ALWAYS telling us how you don't really want to play it.

WTF I just found out us Aussies don't get the game until the end of may!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Don't tempt me! Nathan mentioned the lack of lock on ( in a way ) which i've decided is now also a bannable offence. :D

Poppycock! :o I haven't got anyone to test out the online with right now, though I arranged an online venture with James from NintendoLife for tomorrow, so I'll let you know how that plays out!

WTF I just found out us Aussies don't get the game until the end of may!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

When did this happen? You guys were supposed to get it on the 29th April, a week after us.

When did this happen? You guys were supposed to get it on the 29th April, a week after us.

What the fuck!? I went to the game store and the manager said late next month, I just went onto the main website and now they are saying it's a week after the Europe release date...I am so confused >_<

He was crazy, drunk and owned an Xbox:

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/21816/

He's a cool guy, he has gotten me into a lot of different types of games I would have just looked and left. I guess he must have misread the release date on the database :hmm: Ah well, just glad, since this now gives me one month dedication to Monster Hunter 3 and then end of next month I will be consumed by Red Dead Redemption.

this now gives me one month dedication to Monster Hunter 3 and then end of next month I will be consumed by Red Dead Redemption.

So...what you're saying is that you wont be here for the rest of the year...

So...what you're saying is that you wont be here for the rest of the year...

Let him dream. Let him dream...

I hope you Monster Hunters out there are getting a Classic Controller Pro. Just felt so right playing with it.

omg innuendo

I plan on doing a little write up on the event, was that good. You even get a little goodie envelope when you enroll to the Monster Hunter University.

I want my revenge on Lagiacrus already.

Yeah, I'll be getting the Classic Controller Pro for this.

You will get your revenge on Lagi and then some as the sucker will no doubt have a rare carve to get off his sorry hide.

I was wondering, will I need a new Wii Speak for this? I registered it on my white Wii but thats only for the channel and not the actual device, correct? If it doesn't work on my black Wii then at least I have the keyboard all set to go.