NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

I just remembered I imported my Classic Controller Pro (the white one), I was hoping it would arrive before the game but it might not since the airports are closed. Hopefully it's already in the UK, it was shipped a week ago and it normally only takes 7 days to arrive.

I just remembered I imported my Classic Controller Pro (the white one), I was hoping it would arrive before the game but it might not since the airports are closed. Hopefully it's already in the UK, it was shipped a week ago and it normally only takes 7 days to arrive.

Can you track it?

Can you track it?

Nah, I went with the free shipping (which is better because they pay the customs fees).

There was a PR release earlier today from Capcom for the launch of MH3 on Friday, least that's something. I'm fairly sure we'll be fine anyway.

Game have started processing my order aswill

Edited by canand

I've just convinced my Wii disliking, WOW loving friends that we should all get this game and play together as it's a bit like WOW but better.... Did I sell it well or will they be severely disappointed?!?!

How does the online work? Is there a HUGE RPG element to this game or is it way more simple than that?!

Is the co-op online really fantastic?!?!

I realise people don't have it, but more for people who have read reviews (I don't want tit spoiling) and of course Hero, who is the man to see regarding this.

And now of course yesteryear...

I've just convinced my Wii disliking, WOW loving friends that we should all get this game and play together as it's a bit like WOW but better.... Did I sell it well or will they be severely disappointed?!?!

How does the online work? Is there a HUGE RPG element to this game or is it way more simple than that?!

I realise people don't have it, but more for people who have read reviews (I don't want tit spoiling) and of course Hero, who is the man to see regarding this.

Hero hasent got it yet someone else has becuse he posted a video of someone unboxing it.

Hero hasent got it yet someone else has becuse he posted a video of someone unboxing it.

True. I don't have it yet. When I do waffle on, I speak after sinking in at least 1000 hours into the series. :p

Im speaking from my experience with the previous games when I write the following.

The online co-op experience in a MH game is simply fantastic and is something that has yet to be beaten by anything that I have played on Xbox Live or PSN. I have never played WOW but many have said it has the same addictive nature as that game.

Its a great meet up game where you can just walk around the online town asking for help or offer your help to random people. Nearly everyone I met on the game was very friendly and worked well together to get the tasks done while having a laugh at the same time ( Euro servers FTW! ).

The online worked very simply. You went into a town, talked to the guild, picked a quest and posted it on the board in the guild/pub. This allows players to take a look at the quest and decide whether or not they want to tackle it with you. If they do they just select the YES option and once you have the amount of team members you want ( maximum 4 ) then away you go.

The quests usually have a time limit of 50 minutes but you very rarely need that amount of time. At the start of the quest you will be at the base camp and you will see a little chest full of supplies, make sure you share these out evenly and then head off to take on your beastie. Sometimes you have to kill it othertimes you had to catch it. In this new game i've heard you can get sub-quests within the main quests such as cut the tail off the beast before killing it. Sounds good.

Once you find your target you have to try your best to work as a team to bring it down. One of the main problems, yet hilarious mistakes, was the upswing move. If a person did the powerful upswing move using the Great Sword when a comrade was near then he would be sent flying. Your attacks don't damage your team mates but it does stop them from attacking so you have to plan your attacks carefully.

You also have to remember that the whole team shares lives. You have 3 for the whole team so your team is only as strong as its weakest member. Protecting and helping each other is a key thing in this game.

Once you learn how to take down the various beasts as a team its such a great feeling. Monsters that once took a good 30 minutes to defeat can take an easy 10 once you learn its attacks, where it nests and with a little upgrading.

Speaking of upgrading that really is the only RPG element in the game. Sure you upgrade your Hunter Rank by gaining exp by doing quests but you will get that anyway and that just unlocks more quests. Upgrading armour and weapons is where the addictive fun begins.

Say you want to upgrade you sword but you need a part off a monster. You will have to slay that monster and then carve it. Each normal boss monster can be carved 3 times ( an extra carve can be gained off its tail if you cut it off ) and you may get the part your after. The carves themselves have a percentage ratings with some rare parts only having a carve rate of 4%. This means you WILL have to fight multiple boss monsters to upgrade your weapons and armour. Players of Phantasy Star Online will be famaliar with this concept, it was called the Drop Rate back then. :)

Another way to get these items is in the rewards screen at the end of a quest. You can increase your chances of getting certain items by breaking certain body parts of monsters such as armour or horns. This is helpful in getting the rare items to show up in the rewards screen.

Armour can be upgraded with different skills and things get a little tricky here. You can put gems into the armour which will give the armour say a +1 STAT in a certain attribute. Get enough of these and the attribute will become active in the field of battle. This becomes very handy when say you use the Ear Plug skill which when active stops your character from being stunned when a monster screams. This means you can just keep on attacking the thing while its just standing there screaming at you! :D

I hope that explains things a little better for you, Dazzy. Sorry if it doesn't and if there's any spelling mistakes but i've just got in from work.

As I said earlier im speaking from past experience from the previous games but from what i've read not much has changed in terms of the core gameplay so most of what i've wrote should remain true.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Cheers. Awesome. It has the potential to be crazy addictive. I do struggle with really hardcore games nowadays, but this looks so good!

Overall: 8.4

It looks fantastic, but then we knew that. I'm still firmly on the fence because I'm a bit worried about the sheer size and scope of the game. Does it ever end? :blank:

8 hours well spent :) great game, this will take up hundreds of hours i can see ,

i cant go online yet, it says there is an overturned boat blocking the path until the 22nd lol

Is it just a world you explore or is it levels? Fight 'X' monster and you warp to where they are? Or can you stumble upon huge beasts and have to run away etc.? Also, if you have to fight the same monster twice to get the right carve, will it be under different circumstances and locations? Do the fights with the same monsters feel different? Or just like you're repeating the same fight?!

Do the same monsters have differing intelligences? Like you fight a monster and batter him because he's so stupid and later on you fight the same beast but much harder because they're smarter.

Is it just a world you explore or is it levels? Fight 'X' monster and you warp to where they are? Or can you stumble upon huge beasts and have to run away etc.? Also, if you have to fight the same monster twice to get the right carve, will it be under different circumstances and locations? Do the fights with the same monsters feel different? Or just like you're repeating the same fight?!

Do the same monsters have differing intelligences? Like you fight a monster and batter him because he's so stupid and later on you fight the same beast but much harder because they're smarter.

The world is very much alive. You start off in a hub world which is a town and then once you accept a quest you warp to a zone. These zones are usually made up of about 10-12 sections. You can then choose to explore each section for minerals, herbs and other goodies or you can go hunting for the monster straight away. You can also kill all the lesser animals for goodies aswell. :D

Each zone is different. For example you may get warped to a volcanic zone where the heat will drain your health just as you walk so you have to drink a Cool Drink which protects you. Again you may get warped into a snowy zone so you have to drink a Heat Drink which warms you up and protects you against the cold otherwise your stamina bar will decrease rapidly.

When fighting the monsters you can do the same quests over and over again if you choose or you can pick another quest where you will encounter the same monster in a different zone. Sometimes you will do an easy quest like say pick 10 herbs but there will be a boss monster roaming around. Now you don't have to kill it but if you feel like it you can.

Later on in the game you unlock harder quests where you fight the same beasts but they have new attacks and do more damage and have more HP. Usually the rarer items are easier to get off these but they also come along with even more rare items. So what was rare on the normal version monster is now quite common in the harder version but now the new items off it are the rare stuff.

Im really excited to play MH3 this friday, In my eyes this is the final try for core games. It has all the Ingredients for a AA title:

- Great sound score

- Great visuals

- A game that getting advertising

- From a huge 3rd party developer

- A main entry in the series

- multiple control options(wiimote and nunchuck and classic controler "pro" support for the game.

- Good online

- Hella long:laughing:

It has all the Ingredients to sell well, umfortunatly there still gamers who refuse to buy a wii because of its graphics:blank: i thought we got past that by now.....

BTW has anyone seen a commericial for this game in europe?

I've seen the commercial a few times. Started last week or so. There was also teasers on TV before that.

Also Game/GameStation have started shipping this. I'm incredibly impatient for this.

Volcano may delay GAME stock arrival

Ash cloud chaos may result in orders turning up late

retailer GAME has said that the ongoing chaos cased by the ash cloud from an erupting Icelandic volcano could result in delivery delays.

"Please be aware the closure of UK airspace and airspace in parts of Europe unfortunately continues to affect the transport of mail by air and could cause delays with delivery of orders," it said on its website.

"This is impacting upon some UK domestic mail and mail due to either leave or enter the country via UK airports," it added.

Fingers crossed your pre-ordered copy of Monster Hunter Tri, Dead to Rights: Retribution or Nier turns up on time this week.

Edited by canand

Damn H-o-T, you're getting me pumped! I hope the game has a good tutorial.

Volcano may delay GAME stock arrival

Ash cloud chaos may result in orders turning up late

retailer GAME has said that the ongoing chaos cased by the ash cloud from an erupting Icelandic volcano could result in delivery delays.

"Please be aware the closure of UK airspace and airspace in parts of Europe unfortunately continues to affect the transport of mail by air and could cause delays with delivery of orders," it said on its website.

"This is impacting upon some UK domestic mail and mail due to either leave or enter the country via UK airports," it added.

Fingers crossed your pre-ordered copy of Monster Hunter Tri, Dead to Rights: Retribution or Nier turns up on time this week.

If they are processing people's orders then they have the game, stop worrying.

If they are processing people's orders then they have the game, stop worrying.

no it mean we might get it late.

got an email saying my order has been dispatched today! :)

I'm hoping it'll arive early enough on friday so i can take it to the signing at Oxford St! And then.................. SHOWTIME!!!

It looks fantastic, but then we knew that. I'm still firmly on the fence because I'm a bit worried about the sheer size and scope of the game. Does it ever end? :blank:

C'monnnnn, you know you want to! :wink:

got an email saying my order has been dispatched today! :)

I'm hoping it'll arive early enough on friday so i can take it to the signing at Oxford St! And then.................. SHOWTIME!!!

C'monnnnn, you know you want to! :wink:

did you get Express Shipping and how was the Manchester Event.

did you get Express Shipping and how was the Manchester Event.

Nops, standard delivery and a lot of faith on any deity willing to answer my prayers! :laughing:

Manchester was great fun, the venue couldn't be better, the team was FANTASTIC and it was awesome to get a taste of the game... only problem.... gotta wait till i can fully play it! :nono:

Nops, standard delivery and a lot of faith on any deity willing to answer my prayers! :laughing:

Manchester was great fun, the venue couldn't be better, the team was FANTASTIC and it was awesome to get a taste of the game... only problem.... gotta wait till i can fully play it! :nono:

I got (Express Shipping and it says

20/04/2010 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

and have you got any images of the event and are you geting Monster Hunter Tri Limited Edition Ultimate Hunter Pack