NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Actually Adam, you can remap the controls so that you can attack with the right analogue stick!

Cheers. Thats good to know.

I thought fuck it and ordred the treasure chest edition. I already have wii speak, I already have a pro crontroller and two other classic controllers, but I don't have a monster bust and I most definitely don't have a treasure chest..... would have been rude not to...

Kind of hoping that GAME drops their price for the chest down to £49.99 like everywhere else, then can use the reward points. Really want those 2 busts.

Saying that, I still want to see what size they are.

Do you all have unlimited broadband?

Indeed. I thought unlimited was the norm for most, if not all, of the internet providers these days?

I approve very much of dazzybees actions. :D

Saying that, I still want to see what size they are.

There's a Hong Kong seller selling two Monster Hunter busts on eBay, and it states that they are around 11cm tall. They look similar in style to the one's we're getting, but the description say's they're made from PVC which is a bit off putting for myself..

I just seen a proper advert for it on the TV, showing some good in game footage and all... it was going so well until the narrator said the name of the game pronouncing the "Tri" as "try" instead of "3" :heh:

I just seen a proper advert for it on the TV, showing some good in game footage and all... it was going so well until the narrator said the name of the game pronouncing the "Tri" as "try" instead of "3" :heh:

I imagine because Nintendo are probably behind the advertising, they don't want to emphasise the "3" at all, as that alludes to the fact the previous two games weren't on Nintendo systems. Therefore, they're just treating "Tri" like a subtitle.

My theory, anyway.

That's how you pronounce it though I think. It's really 'Monster Hunter Tri'.

Or so I was led to believe.

I always assumed the "Tri" was still pronounced as in the number 3, I figured the misspelling was some kind of Japanese thing with Capcom trying to look cool or different somehow... or that it was a play on "Wii"

Just hearing it say "Monster Hunter Try" on the advert sounded weird to me and made a little less sense :heh:

It is. Tri as in trilogy and triple for instance.

Tri = Three in Czech, Slovak, Welsh, Bulgarian and some other languages. Pronounced about the same as the English word.

In most European languages the letter/vocal "i" is pronounced as "ee", not "ay" as is common in English.

EDIT: Some pronounce "Ico" as ay-co, while it really is ee-co, which mean "let's go" in Japanese.

Edited by Ren of Heavens

The IGN review has scared me slightly...it seems the game is still for the hardcore and does take many hours to get into etc...and fully understand.

I'll give it a go...but i'm no longer into games which take alot of my time to show results, i just can't be dealing with games like that at the moment for numourous reasons.

I have a classic controller..but not a pro, hoping that works because apparently the wii/nunchuck set-up is awful!

IGN US Review is up:

8.0 Presentation

Not much story to speak of. Witty character dialogue. Lots of info is packed into the menus, and the game's sense of style makes it so it doesn't feel like you're staring at spreadsheets.

9.0 Graphics

Excellent monster, armor, and weapon designs complemented by smooth animations. Some impressive zone backdrops, but you'd expect the frequency and duration of loading to be diminished more on the Wii.

8.0 Sound

Clear and crisp weapon clangs and a wide range of intimidating monster roars along with dramatic music for battle. Many effects from previous versions return here.

8.5 Gameplay

It's a challenging system with a lot to consider, but players who put in the time will find the payoffs to be worth the effort. Underwater combat can be clunky.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

With an impressive online suite to facilitate social networking and a huge range of options for customization and questing, it'll be difficult to run out of things to do.

OVERALL: 8.8/10

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/108/1083123p1.html

Score. Do I win something?

Yes, you do win something. Nothing! Because that's precisely what you managed to "score". :D

Since the begining I always imagined that 'Tri' would indeed be pronounced to be sounded like 'Try' (for example, a three-wheeled tricycle). Although I agree with the 'trilogy' thing, not once in all my precious days have I heard anybody phrase 'tri' as 'tree' - unless the person be Carribean or African, ofcourse. :laughing:

8.8? Oh wow! Shame it won't set every forum on fire like the 8.8 event of 06. Shit was great.

Before I forget again, Adam, is that Monster Hunter Guide with ONM any good? I've ben thinking about picking it up for the guide alone, but not terribly sure if it's worth the purchase.

Before I forget again, Adam, is that Monster Hunter Guide with ONM any good? I've ben thinking about picking it up for the guide alone, but not terribly sure if it's worth the purchase.

Nah, not really. I buy ONM anyway but I wouldn't get it just for the guide. Its very basic, just showing the controls, a few monsters, weapons etc. It doesn't have any tips or tricks in it or anything like that which is just aswell because half of the fun is figuring out how to beat the beasties yourself. :)

If GAME send their orders out early then just 1 week to go!!!

What should I do cancel my Monster Hunter Tri Ltd Edition Ultimate Hunter Pack order from game which is £64.94 thats with shipping or get it from Gameplay which will be £54.94 with shipping

Currently trying to persuade my one real-life Nintendo-loving friend to come to the Manchester event on Saturday...

Did anybody who went on their own feel like a tool?

EDIT: She's in. Aaron Clegg: you stud.

Edited by D_prOdigy

Ahh cool. I've been looking for something along these lines for ages. Cheers.

Figure is much smaller than I thought it would be though :heh:

Have to say, i've not been hyped like this for a game in such a long time. Good to see I still get a buzz of anticipation!

I wanted to go to the Manchester Event this Saturday but I can't go becuse Manchester United is on at citys ground so it will be packed out in Manchester.

Nice unboxing video. The chest is cute but much smaller than I anticipated, along with the bust which looks tacky, so I'll be cancelling that exclusive order and going with my Amazon MH3 game + controller £30.99 order.

What should I do cancel my Monster Hunter Tri Ltd Edition Ultimate Hunter Pack order from game which is £64.94 thats with shipping or get it from Gameplay which will be £54.94 with shipping

Obviously you should cancel your GAME order and go with Gameplay. Also, do you really need to waste an extra £5 on Express Delivery after complaning that you got Pokemon the same day as everyone else who pre-ordered?