NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

I'm not sure if anybody knows this, and I may be way off the mark, but I swear I read that in the PSP versions (I'm assuming it was one of the PSP versions anyway), the monster movement isn't synced up between the players online and so you can't exactly team up to take them on.

Is this something that existed in the home version of MH and indeed this version or is my memory playing tricks (assuming the site I read it on wasn't talking out of it's rear end)?

Kinda.Im typing this on my PS3, just boot up my PC as I need a keyboard to explain it better :)

EDIT: Ok, im back :D Lets see if I can explain this correctly.

When you enter an area where a bunch of enemies are you see them on your screen and attack them as normal. If someone is in the same area as you they may look to be attacking nothing at all but in their game they are killing something. The enemy you are attacking may fall down dead as you go to hit it as someone else has just killed it on their screen. This is only for the small beasts and NOT for the main dragons/wyverns of the game. Its not a problem at all and I havent really thought about it until you just asked now. Its pretty funny seeing a charging bullfango ( like a warthog ) coming at you and then suddenly fall down dead. :heh:

Oh yeah this happened online in the PS2 version and in local co-op play on the PSP games aswell.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

So every player in the same area has the same number of monsters there and each monster share's their health across all players. I'm guessing then that the lesser creatures should never pose so much as a threat to you as for you to need to call for any kind of asisstance?

In that regard, even with something like Wii Speak, it wouldn't make it any easier, unless there were only one of that creature in the playing area, otherwise they wouldn't know which one to attack to aid you.

Edited by Captain Falcon

- under water hunting

- monsters have stamina, so of you chase them they get tired

- more varied size of monsters

- interactivity with other players - cook meals for others, online seasonal quests,

- new weapon - sword axe; can be either

- split-screen mode is an arena mode, and a time attack mode. No adventure mode

- cha cha is customisable, how you make them look, changes their personality

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Capcom is delaying Lost Planet 2, Super Street Fighter IV, Dead Rising 2 and the North American release of Monster Hunter Tri into a 12-month period starting on April 1, 2010.

A forecast revisions document reveals that all four titles will be pushed back to the company's 2010 fiscal year (staring in April, ending March 31, 2011) and spread out over all four quarters of the year. The document lists the reasons for the delays as follows.

・Avoid competing with the major titles that other companies plan to introduce

in the 4th quarter

・Preserve the value of Capcom's titles and maximize sales volume

・Expand the lineup of titles in the next fiscal year and afterward

I come in from work to find that we may not be getting Mario Kart on the VC this week and now I read that MH3 is getting pushed back! Today was a bad day. :(

Good.

Q1 is overcrowded with promising games. FF:CC 2, Silent Hill: SM, Red Steel 2, NMH 2, Sin & Punishment 2 to name a few...

Just as long as it doesn't get delayed too long!! If it gets delayed to 2011 that will be devastating!!

Like Ren of Heavens says, its probably for the best that Monster Hunter has been delayed slightly. There's tons of games already planned for early 2010- its ludicrous.

I haven't kept a close eye on the MH3 news. Didn't Capcom say they were looking into whether us westerners would have to pay to play. Has there been any info on that yet? Is WiiSpeak a real possibility or just pipe dream?

Are you sure thats the date? Seems awfully early with no media exposure!! Think thats when the site will get a bit of an overhaul!

Are you sure thats the date? Seems awfully early with no media exposure!! Think thats when the site will get a bit of an overhaul!

This. They've already stated the game has slipped from Q1. It's definitely not the release date, that much is for sure.

Monster Hunter Tri coming to Europe this spring

London – January 5, 2010 – Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today confirmed that it has entered into a distribution agreement with Nintendo for its forthcoming Wii title Monster Hunter Tri, the next instalment in the multi-million selling series. Under the terms of the agreement Nintendo will be responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Monster Hunter Tri throughout European and Australian territories with Capcom remaining as publisher. Monster Hunter Tri is scheduled for release this coming April and will set the bar in the action/adventure genre with the introduction of new features and gameplay elements as the Monster Hunter franchise makes its debut on the Nintendo system.

Monster Hunter Tri is one of the most strikingly beautiful games ever created for the Wii and brings to life a living breathing ecosystem where man and monster co-exist. The title’s single player story mode sees gamers taking on the role of a hunter whose village is beset by a series of violent tremors that threaten to destroy it. Charged by the village chief to discover the source of the earthquakes players will embark on a series of quests where they must face gigantic beasts that inhabit both land and sea.

Living the life of a hunter need never be a solitary experience with the option to form a team of up to four hunters via the game’s custom online Wi-Fi mode; alternatively the game also offers a two player split-screen Arena mode. Even solo players do not have to face Monster Hunter Tri’s challenging quests alone as they will be ably accompanied by Cha-Cha, an AI hunting partner whose skills will prove invaluable.

“Nintendo has identified Monster Hunter Tri as a key title for the Wii platform in 2010,” stated Michael Pattison, Senior Director Marketing, Capcom Europe, “We are really excited about partnering with Nintendo to further develop this franchise.”

Laurent Fischer, Managing Director, Marketing & PR, Nintendo of Europe, commented “Monster Hunter has a huge and passionate following in Japan and we are looking forward to introducing the Monster Hunter Tri to a whole new audience in Europe as the series makes its first appearance on the Wii.”

Source: neogaf

Edited by killer kirby

Awesome #1: April release date.

Awesome #2: Nintendo getting behind this game.

Awesome #3: It's god damn Monster Hunter. What could go wrong!?

anchorman1.jpg

:bouncy: :bouncy: :grin: :grin: :bouncy: :bouncy: :love: :love: :bouncy:

This is fantastic news! I was worried it was gonna get pushed further back due to Capcoms recent announcement but clearly this isn't the case. I just need a solid release date then I can book a week off work. THE HUNT IS ON! :bouncy:

It's god damn Monster Hunter. What could go wrong!?

Well, this for starters:

Nintendo getting behind this game.

NoE are rubbish at promoting Capcom games over here.

Capcom shed the traditional Wii friend codes for an online interaction system built exclusively for the game. When you load up Tri and go into the online mode, it will behave similarly to Live or PSN with immediate connections to friends. If your buddies are entering a quest and they send you an invite, it will appear on your screen and you can join immediately. Also, if you go on a random quest with someone outside of your friends list, you can add them quickly and intuitively and play alongside them again.

Tri shipped in Japan sans WiiSpeak support, a disappointment given so much of the experience revolves around questing with your pals and therefore it'd be nice to chat with them. Capcom is hoping to correct this oversight with the American release of the game. The subsidiary is working closely with Monster Hunter producer Ryozo Tsujimoto to implement WiiSpeak support to the stateside version. It wouldn't confirm to us whether it was a go yet or not, a rep on-hand at CES said only that "... we're trying." But we're optimistic.

You see this Nintendo? This is how its supposed to be when playing online. No stinking FCs, no hassle, just a friendslist and away you go. Muppets!

I have to say that im not that optimistic in regards to the Wii-Speak issue. The game is only a few months away and nothing has been said about it. Saying that they still haven't confirmed if it's gonna be free for us to play online yet. Either way it's still day one for me.

A lad at work will be buying a Wii for this and another will be stealing his brothers so he just has to buy the game. Im gathering the old crew back from the PS2 days. :D

Just seen this on Gaf.

Unofficial official date: April 30th :)

Press release should be out in a few days if everything goes well.

I've checked and April 30th is indeed a Friday so this could be THE day. All other games need not apply! :D

You see this Nintendo? This is how its supposed to be when playing online. No stinking FCs, no hassle, just a friendslist and away you go.

Ta-Da!

Seriously, you'd think after 4 years of complaining, they'd have sorted the online issue out. But, alas, no. Theyre still being crazy.