NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Was just coming to post that myself. I didnt have a chance to complete the game before my PS3 died so Im really happy I'll be able to now on PC.

Also in big PC news. X-Wing and Tie Fighter are getting re-released on GOG finally!

Was just coming to post that myself. I didnt have a chance to complete the game before my PS3 died so Im really happy I'll be able to now on PC.

Also in big PC news. X-Wing and Tie Fighter are getting re-released on GOG finally!

Yup and there's another 24 classic Lucasarts games coming to GOG soon as well!

Not played most of those classic Lucasarts games either, so that's big news to me too! :D

What an awesome Humble Bundle! I nearly bought Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Jazzpunk and Risk of Rain or within the last week!

What an awesome Humble Bundle! I nearly bought Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Jazzpunk and Risk of Rain or within the last week!

Best one for a while imo:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Also Teleglitch: Die More Edition is completely free. You don't need to buy the bundle or anything.

Nice of them to give multiple keys for Risk of Rain as well so you can give them out for multiplayer goodness.

I just noticed the Steam Halloween sale. Loads of mostly indie games on my wishlist are on sale, but I don´t want to spend too much on games this month, so I think I´ll stick to The vanishing of Ethan Carter, and The long dark. Maybe Murdered: soul suspect.

I just noticed the Steam Halloween sale. Loads of mostly indie games on my wishlist are on sale, but I don´t want to spend too much on games this month, so I think I´ll stick to The vanishing of Ethan Carter, and The long dark. Maybe Murdered: soul suspect.

Yeah I'm kind of the same picked up the Humble Bundle and think that might be enough for me. I still have Outlast to finish as well!!!! The end of year sale will be upon us before long!

Did anyone play Home which came with last week's Weekly Humble Bundle? What a load of crap...should have trusted the Steam reviews. Only took an hour to play through but still what a waste of time.

Did anyone play Home which came with last week's Weekly Humble Bundle? What a load of crap...should have trusted the Steam reviews. Only took an hour to play through but still what a waste of time.

Well, Steam reviews are "mostly positive". But I bought it a long time ago, and didn´t like it either. Graphics are nice, but you´re playing it for the story, and the story simply isn´t good.

Good news:

[Valkyria chronicles on Steam]

If I´m not buying it it´s because I still hope to get a PS3 retail copy one day, but I´ll probably will get it.

Wow, and quite cheap, at that (though I'll probably only buy it when there's a good discount)

Valkyria Chronicles, absolutely sublime and a real treat at 1080p 60fps.

Decent PS3 port too.

I´ve bought it, and am downloading it now. But it´s taking a while.. 16.5 GB? No offense, but the game doesn´t look like it uses that much data.. Or will I be treated to some gorgeous anime cut scenes or something? :D

I´ve bought it, and am downloading it now. But it´s taking a while.. 16.5 GB? No offense, but the game doesn't look like it uses that much data.. Or will I be treated to some gorgeous anime cut scenes or something? :D

To be honest, I can't see why it's that size. It looks pretty, in fact it looks fantastic, but it's basically the PS3 assets up-scaled.

Still, definitely worth the wait.

Speaking of Valkyria Chronicles...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/six-year-old-rpg-valkyria-chronicles-tops-steam-sellers-list/0141295

“During its first 24 hours on sale, blew all forecasts and predictions out of the water. The award-winning Strategy RPG, originally released in 2008 for PlayStation 3, forced its way to the top of the Steam download charts, beating a host of brand new games to reach number one,” Sega said.

Sega Europe’s senior VP of commercial publishing John Clark added: “We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the fans for their support in the phenomenal success of this launch. We’re also delighted at the response from the Steam community which indicates that newcomers to the series are finding it as enchanting and engaging as those who have played it before.”

Well done guys!! Great news! :D

Now if we could just get PC ports of VC 2 and 3 (In English please!) ;)

Got to say this is the worst launch of an expansion by Blizzard so far for WOW. The lag is unbearable. Content and game seems fine but you cant enjoy it since no one can do anything.

Absolute farce. These game companies need to held accountable for this. Especially the big guys EA, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard etc. This pre order trend needs to be reversed. Games should be held accountable. So far this year i have come across too many games that have serious issues day 1.

Got to say this is the worst launch of an expansion by Blizzard so far for WOW. The lag is unbearable. Content and game seems fine but you cant enjoy it since no one can do anything.

Absolute farce. These game companies need to held accountable for this. Especially the big guys EA, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard etc. This pre order trend needs to be reversed. Games should be held accountable. So far this year i have come across too many games that have serious issues day 1.

Ok so how would you have them resolve this? It's all well complaining but if it was down to you how would you come up with a working solution? To me if it's just lag issues then it's likely server load...the simple way to deal with that is more servers, however is it really that easy?

What about in a months time when things have stabilized and the number of people on is more spread out? Then you are left with a bunch of servers likely gathering dust? Sure companies offer cloud based server rental solutions but then that's still an additional cost that's short term but needs managing. How do they cover this cost? Raise game prices? Hardly seems fair to people who wait for the launch hell to end. Charge premium for earlier adopters? Again doesn't seem fair and then if there are any problems you've got the whole issue of people paying that premium price and then still being able to access the game. I think we've seen a rising trend of games industry justifying ways to pass on online costs to us and I wonder if this will the next one to do so.

In this vein I do wonder if things like the Day 0 Edition of Call of Duty may soon be twisted and used to start a worrying trend. How's about people who want to access the game early pay a premium price to cover those early costs?

Of course none of this applies to games that just outright are broken.

Ok so how would you have them resolve this? It's all well complaining but if it was down to you how would you come up with a working solution? To me if it's just lag issues then it's likely server load...the simple way to deal with that is more servers, however is it really that easy?

What about in a months time when things have stabilized and the number of people on is more spread out? Then you are left with a bunch of servers likely gathering dust? Sure companies offer cloud based server rental solutions but then that's still an additional cost that's short term but needs managing. How do they cover this cost? Raise game prices? Hardly seems fair to people who wait for the launch hell to end. Charge premium for earlier adopters? Again doesn't seem fair and then if there are any problems you've got the whole issue of people paying that premium price and then still being able to access the game. I think we've seen a rising trend of games industry justifying ways to pass on online costs to us and I wonder if this will the next one to do so.

In this vein I do wonder if things like the Day 0 Edition of Call of Duty may soon be twisted and used to start a worrying trend. How's about people who want to access the game early pay a premium price to cover those early costs?

Of course none of this applies to games that just outright are broken.

Its all cool they added more server and gave free 5days extra game time to all on subscriptions. good repsonse. The expansion is AMAZING. Insanely great game.

I've gotten back and started sinking deeper into it recently and I'll tell you, it's a tough galaxy out there. Success has a lot more to do with how long you're prepared to stick with it rather than how many raw hours per day/week. You will struggle, you will suffer, you will be repeatedly beaten and robbed. You've got to be slightly mad to stick at it. But once you get hooked up with a good base of people and learn it's systems, nuances, and economic currents, the universe can be yours.

That trailer does not lie.

Edited by gaggle64

Steam autumn sales have started. Definitely some games on sale I´m interested in. Maybe I´ll pick up some new multiplayer titles, it´s been a while since I´ve had some good multiplayer sessions.

Great. We WOULD happen to get a Steam Sale when my wallet looks like this...

empty-wallet.jpg

And it's even filled with stuff from my wishlist too...

*Sigh*

Origin is having a sale of its own by the way.. I might finally pick up Titanfall (€ 10,- for base game or € 20,- for game + season pass) for my multiplayer needs. @%1;, still playing this? Anyone else?

I've just joined the masterrace :D. Got my new rig with an intel i5 and GeForce GTX 970 yesterday. Mind = blown! Was playing some Assassins Creed Unity on highest setting, and it was just flowing in 60 fps :D. Cheap games and too little time, here I come! Time to work through my steam backlog now that I actually can play those games.

I'll probably be a lot online in CoD AW in the next couple of months, so if anyone wants to play a few games, just add me.

@Sméagol: Yeah, it's a really nice game actually, but I don't know if I would go for that now, as the player rate is dropping. I would probably go for CoD AW, as it gives more weapons, different play styles and way more players. But I dont know. I had a really great time with Titanfall when it came out. Calling in a titan for the first time... Damn. That's one of the coolest moments I've had in modern games. *chills*