NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Bought To the Moon on todays sale. I shall see if I can find time for it tomorrow. Played a few minutes today though, chuckled a few times from the dialouge and the game seems interesting.

Its a great game, one of my favourite experiences from this year.

Been playing Prison Architect a bit. Its pretty good so far but I am struggling to get a prison built by the time my first load of prisoners arrive. I just had 3 run off as their cells were still being built lol

Also, I was surprised at how dark the tutorial is straight away, making you build an electric chair ready for a prisoner on death row and then letting you see his backstory through flashbacks.

Also also, I am already getting a bit obsessed with Euro Truck Simulator 2, to the point that I am considering buying myself a racing wheel for it.

Yo GRID 2 is half price at the moment, I remember @gaggle64 being a fan of the first one, what's the word on the sequel, I'm jonesing to try a racing sim?

Been playing Prison Architect a bit. Its pretty good so far but I am struggling to get a prison built by the time my first load of prisoners arrive. I just had 3 run off as their cells were still being built lol

Also, I was surprised at how dark the tutorial is straight away, making you build an electric chair ready for a prisoner on death row and then letting you see his backstory through flashbacks.

Also also, I am already getting a bit obsessed with Euro Truck Simulator 2, to the point that I am considering buying myself a racing wheel for it.

How does it play? The message from the developers make it sound very bad.

Not going to explore fully, but has Papers, Please been talked up here yet? Because it is fantastic and I recommend to everyone. PC and Mac, and Steam Greenlit now as well.

How does it play? The message from the developers make it sound very bad.

Which one, Prison Architect or Euro Truck? Also what message?

Ah right. Yeah its Early Access so there will be bugs but as the game isnt finished yet thats to be expected. I havent come across any yet myself though. I guess it just depends if you are interested enough in the game to get it early for the cheaper price and play through the development issues that might come up or just wait for the full release and pay more.

I have only played an hour or so at the moment but for me at least its played just fine, if they hadnt told me it was still in alpha then I never would have realised.

I think I will wait for a sale on the full game anyway.

Bought the physical copy of Rome II before the weekend but it can't be activated until release day because it's a Steam game. That's effective version of DRM. Anyway, if the wait to play the game wasn't bad enough, it's waiting to find out if I can play the freakin game in the first place :p I meet recommended specs except for the video card. Hopefully it can run, I don't mind if it looks like an HD version of the original game.

I had the same annoyance with Tomb Raider. Got the game before release and I couldn't play it until it was out.

I actually ended up pre-loading the game through Steam, so the disc was never used (as you can't pre-load from the disc).

I had the same annoyance with Tomb Raider. Got the game before release and I couldn't play it until it was out.

I actually ended up pre-loading the game through Steam, so the disc was never used (as you can't pre-load from the disc).

Yeah, I got three discs but was forced to download the entire game instead :p

Yo GRID 2 is half price at the moment, I remember @gaggle64 being a fan of the first one, what's the word on the sequel, I'm jonesing to try a racing sim?

I've heard mostly good things, haven't had chance to play it yet but it sounds super interesting. They've done away with cockpit views and streamlined the way the difficulty options work right down. It's not really a "sim" per say, like it's predecessor it's for people who want a racing game to dip-in and out of, rather than a greater level of dedication like Forza or GT. If you played the TOCA games back in the day this is it's most direct descendent. If you've enjoyed any of Codemaster's other racing games I say go for it.

I've heard mostly good things, haven't had chance to play it yet but it sounds super interesting. They've done away with cockpit views and streamlined the way the difficulty options work right down. It's not really a "sim" per say, like it's predecessor it's for people who want a racing game to dip-in and out of, rather than a greater level of dedication like Forza or GT. If you played the TOCA games back in the day this is it's most direct descendent. If you've enjoyed any of Codemaster's other racing games I say go for it.

Yeah, I thought the Dirt games were pretty great, but I haven't really gotten acquainted with proper, hardcore racing sims. I've been looking for something like Forza or GT on PC and I figure it would be a cool genre to try and wrap my head around. Never played the TOCA games either. I don't understand why, but the PC market seems to be pretty scant on Racing sims, which is bizarre since there's a huge selection of sims for practically every other niche.

I'll give the original GRID a spin, and see where to go from there.

Oh, I can affirm the original GRID is fantastic. Go for that if you haven't played it already. Still looks fantastic on my 360.

Well my first day has involved me playing dumb amounts of football manager 2013 and finally starting torchlight (yep that's how far back my PC backlog would go) I'm kind of balancing between new and old or trying to. Going to see if DOTA 2 is worth putting time into.

Got a wishlist of newer games I want to pick up:

Rogue Legacy

Papers Please

Cube World

Chaos Engine

Don't Starve

Gunpoint

Edited by flameboy

I finally got my new laptop let the PC gaming fun commence!

Which one did you get?

Do any of you peeps play Planetside 2 at all? I am totally in love with the game.

Would if I had the processor for it. Will probably get into it on PS4.

Which one did you get?

Would if I had the processor for it. Will probably get into it on PS4.

Not the toshiba that was last discussed but one that was $599 a model up and has dedicated graphics card and quad core processor.

A question for people has anyone ever used xpadder? Want to pick up cube world but play with controller not trackpad and keyboard. There is a paid version for $10.99 and an older 5.3 freeware version which should I go for.

Never used xpadder, but if you are going to game on your new laptop, a decent mouse is pretty much essential.

Never used xpadder, but if you are going to game on your new laptop, a decent mouse is pretty much essential.

Have a mouse! My thoughts for controller are sofa play! I can't believe the likes of binding of isaac don't have controller support natively.

Binding of Isaac works well with keyboard though, Mouse only for a certain weapon imo.

his_7950iceq_4.jpg

610-Y2e8iML._SL1000_.jpg

A second 7950 and a 2560x1440 Korean monitor (Samsung panel) Looking to do some high resolution Crossfire action. Should get everything in a few days to a week.

...watched this last night...

No way I will ever play this.

No fucking way.

As soon as this gets released on PS4 I will play it.

And at some point I have to continue playing Amnesia...stopped after 30 minutes, because I was scared :D