NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

To the Moon is on the Humble Bundle. No excuse guys... buy the bundle if you haven't already. ;)

Just looking on that website now, am I right in thinking it says it's now free or? http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

No it's free to download and has a 30 day trial I think after that you need to pay. I've never had any issues with it. Think it's well worth the money. I tried joy2key and motionjoy and neither was as easy to use. Pinnacle has a ton of game profiles on their site to download easily.

I just outright prefer using controllers....the only "FPS" I think benefited from using WASD and mouse was Amnesia as I found the controls so cumbersome it added to the experience.

To the Moon is on the Humble Bundle. No excuse guys... buy the bundle if you haven't already. ;)

Not to mention Runner 2! I'd have beat the average if I cared for surgeon simulator(already got Reus perviously in humblestore) but nonetheless the HumbleBundle's a cracking deal!

Would also recommend checking out Torchlight II for some classic hack and slash style dungeoning - free to play this weekend and reduced during it too.

Ahhhhh yeah... Octodad is going to be getting a release date for Steam announced imminently and I'm thrilled!

For anyone that hasn't caught this during the PS4 coverage, it's out to be a ridiculous and wonky kind of game where you play an octopus pretending to be a human. And you job is to fool your wife and kids. I've played the demo on PS4 and it was wicked:

Ahhhhh yeah... Octodad is going to be getting a release date for Steam announced imminently and I'm thrilled!

For anyone that hasn't caught this during the PS4 coverage, it's out to be a ridiculous and wonky kind of game where you play an octopus pretending to be a human. And you job is to fool your wife and kids. I've played the demo on PS4 and it was wicked:

There's also a free version that's the original project this game is based on it's still a pretty fully rounded game.

Ah yeah! So it's getting a release on the 30th on PC and is going to have a level editor that will allow you to mod it quite a bit. BRING IT ON.

Got gifted Nuclear Throne today! Now there is one insane game!

Care to elaborate? :p

i'm using one of Mayflash's WiiU pro adaptors to use my WiiU pro controller on my PC....its awesome such a good pad

I want to do this but the site says windows only. I have a mac... is there a way to use my wii u controller on my mac? Havne't played PC games properly since the late 90's (bar Football Manager), but got into steam recently and downloaded loads of games, but really want a decent pad.

If Macs can't access these controllers what do people recommend as a great controller to play with?

Why did the what steam games should I buy thread get closed? I was enjoying @jayseven and his journey of discovery one game at a time. (or more like 20 games at a time)

Jay has been known to occasionally, accidentally hit the "close this thread after posting" tick box.

Yeahp! I've also been known to accidentally double-click the envelope on the thread view page, which also locks 'em!

What a beautiful beautiful game I don't think I've ever played anything quite so poignant. The twists and turns along the way are magnificent. There's a few tiny bits that felt out of place but otherwise fantastic. Just love the aesthetic without any of the RPG malarkey!

What a beautiful beautiful game I don't think I've ever played anything quite so poignant. The twists and turns along the way are magnificent. There's a few tiny bits that felt out of place but otherwise fantastic. Just love the aesthetic without any of the RPG malarkey!

Yeah its great, one of my favourite gaming experiences.

Yeah its great, one of my favourite gaming experiences.

I don't know if won any awards but for me it surely is the Gone Home of 2011? That Indie darling which can shit all over big AAA games trying to push games narrative.

Only thing is I will never have that experience again. So many points that made me smile, chuckle, even well a bit. Just Incredible!

So I'm looking to get a new PC soon and I'm wondering what's the best way to transfer over my games on Steam. Is there a way to easily backup and then restore game data, or do you need to re-download your library again on a different PC? ::shrug:

I've tried researching this, but can't seem to find a clear answer. :hmm:

So I'm looking to get a new PC soon and I'm wondering what's the best way to transfer over my games on Steam. Is there a way to easily backup and then restore game data, or do you need to re-download your library again on a different PC? ::shrug:

I've tried researching this, but can't seem to find a clear answer. :hmm:

Just back up everything in Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common and put it back there on your new machine. Your saves will be in the cloud.

There's a handy backup/restore function on Steam. Click the Steam tab, and it should be the fourth or fifth option.

Just started building my new mid-range PC, everything is done apart from the graphics card which I'm picking up on Tuesday. I also need a case fan power splitter.

100_1634_zps1ed0ec44.jpg?t=1391210514

Specs:

Bit Fenix Prodigy Mini ITX Case

Intel I5 4570 Haswell CPU

MSI H87I Motherboard

Corsair CX500M PSU

Corsair Vengeance 8Gb RAM

Seagate 7200 1TB HDD

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Graphics

LG 22" 1080p LED Monitor

Roccat KONE Mouse

Future upgrades when budget allows:

CPU Water Cooler (depending on noise levels)

258G SSD Boot/App drive

Roccat Keyboard

Some more pics of the build:

100_1636_zps023d851f.jpg

100_1638_zpscf11f1dd.jpg

100_1640_zps0224f9c1.jpg

100_1643_zpsf1377725.jpg

Me too. I bought the case first then decided on the parts based on it. It's not without problems, and it does cause issues due to form factor and size. I haven't installed the DVD drive because it will probably leave insufficient room for the graphics card. Not a huge deal for me, I can't remember the last time I used a DVD-ROM, and I can install windows from a flash drive.

This is my first PC build so hopefully everything works when I turn it on next week.

It's also kinda amusing that this rig will probably play most games at max settings, yet I'll mostly be playing Hearthstone.

Me too. I bought the case first then decided on the parts based on it. It's not without problems, and it does cause issues due to form factor and size. I haven't installed the DVD drive because it will probably leave insufficient room for the graphics card. Not a huge deal for me, I can't remember the last time I used a DVD-ROM, and I can install windows from a flash drive.

This is my first PC build so hopefully everything works when I turn it on next week.

It's also kinda amusing that this rig will probably play most games at max settings, yet I'll mostly be playing Hearthstone.

It helps to have a friend with you while you build the machine. Even if they aren't directly involved, they can watch and learn and if things don't go well initially, they can possibly see things you missed. Also it's handy to have another person hold the torch for you when it's a bit too dark to see what you are doing.

It helps to have a friend with you while you build the machine. Even if they aren't directly involved, they can watch and learn and if things don't go well initially, they can possibly see things you missed. Also it's handy to have another person hold the torch for you when it's a bit too dark to see what you are doing.

That is a good tip, a friend was supposed to give me a hand but he was tied up with work stuff.

Question: my graphics card uses 2 x 6 pin power connectors, can they come off the same power lead or will I need to run two separate power cables from the PSU?

Also, on initial boot up to BIOS, shoul I connect monitor to GPU or Motherboard output?

Edited by MATtheHAT

That is a good tip, a friend was supposed to give me a hand but he was tied up with work stuff.

Question: my graphics card uses 2 x 6 pin power connectors, can they come off the same power lead or will I need to run two separate power cables from the PSU?

Also, on initial boot up to BIOS, shoul I connect monitor to GPU or Motherboard output?

Don't think it really matters about how you connect up the gpu with the PSU. Think some of the cables you get are specifically for gfx cards of that type.

As for the screen, again I am not sure it matters but generally I would connect it to the motherboard and make the switch later when fully set-up.

You may need to adjust your screen settings again afterwards.