NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Loving this new monitor. 27" is much larger than expected. Only a single dead pixel.

Humble Bundle 9

• Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Eets Munchies Beta
  • Brutal Legend

Pay around 5 dollars and you get Fez and FTL too. Fez is fantastic. Would be playing till something like 4 am if I wasn't so damned tired already. Shame the creator has his issues and threw a hissy fit, canceling a sequel.

Eet Munchies feels like a mobile game but it is in beta...

The rest will get played some time in the far flung future. For now, they join 'The Pile'.

I played Fez on a borrowed 360 when it first come out and didn't really get into it this represents a great chance to try it out again.

No 10year Anniversary Steam sale for us then I guess. but dont fret guys, we get a 25% off Activision Publisher sale instead! lol

Bought antichamber and rogue legacy in steam deals plus in the indie bundle.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

No 10year Anniversary Steam sale for us then I guess. but dont fret guys, we get a 25% off Activision Publisher sale instead! lol

And family sharing, which should be awesome.

Anyone here played either Gone Home or Outlast? After getting on these, I think I'm pretty much done with AAA $300 million games made by bloated studios, and completely devoid of a cohesive tone or thematic vision. Both of those games have a wonderful sense of minimalism about them that makes them so much more effective at what they're trying to do; they focus on imparting one impression, and because of that they do it so so well.

Anyone here played either Gone Home or Outlast? After getting on these, I think I'm pretty much done with AAA $300 million games made by bloated studios, and completely devoid of a cohesive tone or thematic vision. Both of those games have a wonderful sense of minimalism about them that makes them so much more effective at what they're trying to do; they focus on imparting one impression, and because of that they do it so so well.

Yup, posted recently about Gone Home. Really enjoyed exploring the story and the feeling that you're actually delving into real people's lives. Loved how they set it early 90s too.

Outlast I've seen videos of which were pretty cool. Definitely something I'll get round to.

Really glad you enjoyed it too man. I visited the Steam community hub, and it's just full of boneheads going "this isn't a game." Which is sort of true - but it's more interesting because of how much it does with such a lack of mechanical systems.

I was really impressed with it just because it gave me the illusion that I was going wherever I wanted in the house, exploring largely at whim, but it somehow still managed to keep a linear plot thread going. Good stuff, hope moar peeps get to experience it.

I have Gone Home and after playing Thomas Was Alone as well, I'm pretty much on the same impression as you.

Thomas Was Alone, is fantastic and its only a few blocks, puzzles and voice over. I've been working my way through it, plus Hotline Miami.

I'm more excited for Hotline Miami 2 than any triple A title out there right now.

I have Gone Home and after playing Thomas Was Alone as well, I'm pretty much on the same impression as you.

Thomas Was Alone, is fantastic and its only a few blocks, puzzles and voice over. I've been working my way through it, plus Hotline Miami.

I'm more excited for Hotline Miami 2 than any triple A title out there right now.

I'm drifting more and more that way as time goes on....

Super Hot was newest favourite thing. It's a shooter where time only moves when you move and adds that puzzle element. It started as part of a game jam and is now available to play 3 chapter on their website:

http://blue-brick.com/SUPERHOT/

also greenlight on steam for a full and more realized game:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177990278

Also another game on my radar spuds quest;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=110789922

A mix of Zelda, Metroid and DIZZY!!!!!!! Already available to buy on their own site for just $4.99 with steam key promised for early purchasers.

For me it's less embracing the Indie side and dropping the Triple A (I'm still interested in that side) but I really love the pick up and play, drop back out nature of games like Isaac, Rogue Legacy, Thomas Was Alone. I don't need to set aside a lot of time to play the games. Triple A's really seem to have left that behind with a few exceptions. Platformers like Rayman are doable, and Free Roaming only needs time to really push through the story, I can easily hop in and wreak some havoc in the city.

Did anyone ever play Thirty Flights of Loving? I played it having played the free Gravity Bone first...and have to say I was left disappointed, narrative wist it was interesting but gameplay wise it felt lackluster compared to Gravity Bone.

I didn't like either.

I didn't mind the lack of gameplay in Thirty Flights of Loving, but I was expecting a final puzzle piece that would make sense of all of the disconnected scenes. Instead it ended with a motorcycle ride and I was left scratching my head.

At least it was over in ten minutes.

Train Simulator trailer:

Doesn't sell the game at all, but it's a good advert.

Hii, just wondering if anyone has a spare Dead Island key from one of the previous humble bundles? The deep silver one I think.

I'm not just after it for free btw. I have all the Origin keys from the EA bundle except Dead space 3, and a few other steam keys. I'd love to discuss it in PM with anyone willing to trade with me ^_^

Anyone had a chance to try The Inside World yet? I bought it on account of the art and loving it so far. The main character is a wonderful simpleton as he's been in a tower most of his life and there quite a lot of politics and religion even if not taken very seriously.

Will report back with mooooore

So Gone Home, the critically acclaimed (and down right awesome) interactive story game is reduced to £7.49 for one day. Strongly urge everyone to get this, it's a real gem.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/steam-offers-gone-home-for-50-off-7-49-1687549

Actually came in here to post it myself! Likely my final purchase before my Year of Shame!

EDIT:

Also have steam keys for Organ Trail and Broken Sword Director Edition for anyone who wants them.

Edited by flameboy

Right so here is my review for The Inner World:

Do you like point-n-clicks? Then find the time/money to get this game, period.

The Inner World combines a beautiful and intriguing graphical style with some wonderfully off the wall design, such as a world built on the inside of a sphere, not the outside like ours. This is all backed with a melodic and inquisitive musical score that binds it all together (I could happily listen to the opening menu music for quite some time). The human-like inhabitants all have stripey arms, legs and nose, apart from the main character Robert, who seems different from everyone else with his flute nose.

The adventure starts with Robert going on a quick errand to rescue a necklace stolen by a pesky pigeon but he quickly finds himself being sucked into an adventure to discover the many secrets of the Inner World; which is a lot as he's never left the castle before!

Through his journey you meet a wealth of very original characters and combined with the delightfully naive Robert lead to some great writing with a nice dry sense of humour. The voice acting and translation in itself is superb considering that the game was written in German and any slip ups are almost unnoticeable.

The mandatory puzzles are also top class, encouraging you to explore and use that point-n-click crazy logic to allow you to progress. Many of these give Robert and the other characters a great opportunity to make you smile, particularly Laura the female lead. There is also a robust hint system for those that find this kind of game a bit too much of a challenge so you never feel held back from enjoying the story.

Completed this in 7 or 8 hours or so but enjoyed every second. A wonderful world with great characters to fall in love with.

So you made me google it. Your review could use some links ;). Anyway the art style looks great and I love the humour..