N-Europe

PC Gaming Discussion

McPhee

On 7/12/2024 at 8:23 AM, drahkon said:

Give us (me :p) some impressions of Astrea: Six-sided Oracles.

On 7/12/2024 at 10:07 AM, Dcubed said:

You may be waiting a while as I’m gonna be pretty busy with work over the next few days but you’ll get some impressions at some point!

So, thanks for nothing :p

I started a run just now. Did the tutorial and beat chapter 1. Took me 31 minutes and my brain hurts.

There's so much to think about: Dice values, corruption, purification, buffs, debuffs, your own dice, enemy dice, sentinels, sentinel dice, virtues, what dice to choose as rewards, what dice to improve in a shop,...
FUCK.

Barely managed to defeat the first boss. It took me until the last turn to realize a certain synergy I have with one of my sentinels. Yay me.

Well, onto chapter 2. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow :D

• Haha 1

image.png

Look at this madness. This is just one die :laughing:

Been at this fight for 10 minutes now. Brb.

Edit: Lost a heart because I was stupid :( I hate this game.
Managed to win the fight, though. :) I love this game.

Edit²: After 1 hour and 23 minutes my first run ended in death. :(

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

Decided to move my gaming PC back out of the office as it just wasn't getting enough use in there no matter how much I kept telling myself I'd remember to go back in after I finished work so I bought myself a nice little 27 inch monitor to go on my small corner desk and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

rH9p8Tf.jpg

• Like 2

The 27' version of the Spatiallabs glassesless 3D display is finally out!

https://store.acer.com/en-gb/acer-ds2-gaming-monitor-3d-spatiallabs-view-psv27-2-black

Anyone got a spare 2 grand to throw my way as an early xmas present? :laughing:

On a related note... looks like Samsung are now throwing their own hat into the ring, having announced their own line of glassesless S3D displays (seemingly using the same tech as Acer's Spatiallabs line of screens).

https://www.theverge.com/2024/8/21/24225133/samsung-odyssey-3d-gaming-monitor-glasses-free-announcement

Am loving this newfangled revival of the 3DS' S3D tech! Long may it continue! :D

On 8/18/2024 at 2:37 PM, Happenstance said:

Decided to move my gaming PC back out of the office as it just wasn't getting enough use in there no matter how much I kept telling myself I'd remember to go back in after I finished work so I bought myself a nice little 27 inch monitor to go on my small corner desk and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

rH9p8Tf.jpg

Swapped out a few things and got some back lighting for my monitor to spruce up the setup a bit. Other than getting a new webcam which can wait until I see a nice one with a bigger discount I think I'm done.

w8FCWM5.jpg

Just finished the PC version of Uncharted 4. I'd forgotten just how great that game actually is. The character animation and voice acting especially is just top of class and imo still hasn't been beaten.

Really hope the rumours of an Uncharted 1 remake are true, other than that I'd happily take the Uncharted trilogy ported to PC next. I've played 1 & 2 loads over the years but hated 3 on my original playthrough so I'd be interested to see if that was still the case.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 2

Uncharted 4 is my least favourite of the series. I found it dragged on far too long. I still enjoyed it but it's just I hold the other games to a very high standard.

Totally agree about the voice acting and animations. The ones that feature the more personal moments between Nate and Elena are amazing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Uncharted 4 is my least favourite of the series. I found it dragged on far too long. I still enjoyed it but it's just I hold the other games to a very high standard.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Yep, this is true for me too.

The game looks visually stunning, the grappling hook is great, soundtrack is fantastic, excellent OTT set-pieces as usual and mechanically it is much deeper than the earlier games...but spending so much more time with Sam than Elena felt like a huge misstep for me, highlighted that the peak of the game for me is a car ride with Elena. It also just kind of gets into the territory of overexplaining Nate's past. 

While I'm definitely more of a TLOU fan than I am an Uncharted fan, I've said it before, but Uncharted 2, just for my tastes, is the only Uncharted game which I played and came away from going "wow, from start to finish, that was actually great." 

The first game is just a bit of a pain to go back to these days (so I fully agree @Happenstance, I really hope that a remake is in the works, because it needed it back when I played it on 2018, and I imagine needs it even more so now) but had such a solid core, and did so many weird things which the later games never quite matched – I'm still of the opinion that the Nazi bunker section is one of the biggest tonal shifts in gaming, and I'm convinced the only reason things like that happened less as the games went on is because The Last of Us gave Naughty Dog a much more appropriate outlet for some of what was going down in that bunker.

3 I think really just ends up in a weird spot where it's not quite as good as 2 (completing it's role as the classic trilogy closer with aplomb) and so its weaknesses are almost exaggerated just by being compared to 2. 

I've yet to play Lost Legacy, despite it sitting on my shelf for so long, but I think knowing that it's relatively short is such a positive that I'm happy to wait for when I have a day or two to just charge through it. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...