NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Anybody going to see MCR on Friday?

I know they're a bit "emo" and everybody seems to be so strongly against the stereotype, but I just wondered if anybody was going to see them in Brixton on Friday?

They're actually not as bad as you may think! They seem to be better, musically, than most emo bands out there right now.

Anyways, Me and Twozzok are going along with a couple of other mates and my girlfriend, so if anybody fancies a meet-up...

I liked MCR a bit until the new album launched and they got all popular and stuff. Popular bands repel me somewhat...

They are screamo emo creamo - they have some horrible little emo parts were they sing about girls and love and pain inflicted by girls and love and pain! pain! yeah baby

edit: let me guess EternalInternal - MACHINE ED MATE! FLYN all the way yeah, roadrunner records!! NU METAL SUCKS

MCR Emo? Im a Metalhead and share a hatred for their style, but they're not Emo. I like their Guitarist, he has funny hair and the Bassist, he looks like a nerdy fella.

Sorry, you're wrong. They're so emo it hurts. How can you have an album called "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" and not be emo. They probably call themselves 'Post-harcore', but we all know that's the same thing these days.

MCR live about 10 mins away from me :)

Why the fuck did you move to the states anyway dude?

apart from the abundance of cool shows and wicked bands?

seen them 3 times they freaking rule :D not seeing live havent got any gigs upcoming at mo :S not like me gah (opens TJ's website to buy a concert ticket)

I like them also, but shall not be seeing them as I wasn't aware they were performing, but I rarely go to gigs on the basis that they're not that worth it. Only been to one in fact.

i like them, but only in the same way that i like most bands with a guitar in.

i am having an emo/screamo fest on tuesday when i go to the exceptionally craply named 'Taste of Chaos' tour, with Funeral for a friend (meh), the used (v good, but they aren't great live), killswitch engage (WOO! main reason for going), story of the year (only heard 1 album once. it was acceptable though), and rise against (who should be great).

should be a good night!

I like them also, but shall not be seeing them as I wasn't aware they were performing, but I rarely go to gigs on the basis that they're not that worth it. Only been to one in fact.

How are they not that worth it? I've been to a few, including System of a Down, Slipknot and Slayer, and they were awesome! Even the little gigs involving local bands are so much fun! The high you get off of the atmosphere - I don't mean off of all the smoke from the stoners :heh: - but just letting everything go, enjoying a good tune and having fun with all different kinds of people is one of the best feelings :)

Unless the band is shit live :wink:

I think you're right Grebe, I believe their genre would be "screamo".

Why does one simple mention of 'Emo' always cause such a fuss? It's not like they go out of their way to make peoples' lives a misery, like the 'Chavs'.

No i'm not an "Emo". I don't really like categorisation, if such a word exists.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the gig. I enjoy their music. I don't dislike them just because they're popular... Man, I hate it when people say they don't like bands because they're well liked...

Sorry if that made no sense to you whatsoever, I just had so many thoughts and didn't know how to order them.

what?? thats just kerazy talk there mr evil! i have been to about 40 gigs in the last 12 months and had an excellent time at everyone, and felt i got great value for money at virtually every one (£50 for queen+paul rogers was perhaps a little steep, lol).

what band is it you have been to see, maybe they just suck ;)

i am ... ... go to ... ... killswitch engage ... ... rise against!

I wanna come :(

I guess it can't be the same for all of us...

Shyness seems to be the main problem for people who don't enjoy gigs. If you're a self-conscious person I can see how it might be hard to "let it all go", but then again, you might not be self consious at all!

If I were you, i'd give a different gig a try. You might find it different. Don't dismiss them instantly after only going to one.

Killswitch - gash

Rise Against - yeah mate

Revolutions is such a good record

What does 'gash' mean?

I like My chemical romance. i dont really care wether they are scremo, emo, etc etc, i just like their music :P

i agree with eevil here:

I don't get any atmosphere. I just don't feel any.

Nothing really excites me about goin to see a band, i suppose to me its just like any other night out, but a very costly one :heh:

Lucky? America? hahaha.

Heheheheh!!!!....Indeed

What does 'gash' mean?

I know it to meen vagina..hahaha!!

Rise Against are a great band. Anyways, on topic...

No, i wouldn't go to a MCR gig if you paid me.

Took me about 5 minutes to work out who MCR were there, but then I realised who it was posting the message :heh:

They're OK, nothing special. I like "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" and that's about it. None of the other songs on their newest album are particularly good. I'm sure they would be good live though - all bands are, with Green Day being the only exception.

MY CHEMICAL TOILET?? no thanks... lol already seen them at leeds fest... were crap (although to give them credit they were the very first band of the weekend) and saw them support taking back sunday (where they were better than TBS but doesnt say much really) and i agree with person above, ROADRUNNER UNITED all the way!!! :)

Sign in to follow this