NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Anybody going to see MCR on Friday?

Took me about 5 minutes to work out who MCR were there, but then I realised who it was posting the message :heh:

They're OK, nothing special. I like "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" and that's about it. None of the other songs on their newest album are particularly good. I'm sure they would be good live though - all bands are, with Green Day being the only exception.

Bet you didn't expect to see me posting here! :p

I love that song, definitely the best on their latest album. Loads of the other songs are great, but i DETEST "I'm Not Okay" and I don't really like "Helena"...

I guess it can't be the same for all of us...

Shyness seems to be the main problem for people who don't enjoy gigs. If you're a self-conscious person I can see how it might be hard to "let it all go", but then again, you might not be self consious at all!

If I were you, i'd give a different gig a try. You might find it different. Don't dismiss them instantly after only going to one.

I just don't feel like dancing around for the hell of it unless I'm really drunk, and in these kinds of gigs all you ever do is jump up and down, maybe wave one hand in that rock pose or whatever. Wahey, Worth every penny of that £40 ticket.

I like My chemical romance. i dont really care wether they are scremo, emo, etc etc, i just like their music :P

i agree with eevil here:

Nothing really excites me about goin to see a band, i suppose to me its just like any other night out, but a very costly one :heh:

Cracking Lass.

I just don't feel like dancing around for the hell of it unless I'm really drunk, and in these kinds of gigs all you ever do is jump up and down, maybe wave one hand in that rock pose or whatever. Wahey, Worth every penny of that £40 ticket.

aside from festivals i have only once spent more than £25 for a gig ticket, and most gigs i go to are between £10 and £15.

you really must have gone to a crap gig!

find a cheap one thats easy to get to and a band you like and give it another shot!

aside from festivals i have only once spent more than £25 for a gig ticket, and most gigs i go to are between £10 and £15.

you really must have gone to a crap gig!

find a cheap one thats easy to get to and a band you like and give it another shot!

Thats all and good for people that live in mainland uk, but if i wanted to go to eng/scot to see a band, or maybe even dublin, it would cost me over £100, with travel and maybe a place to stay.

MY CHEMICAL TOILET?? no thanks... lol

GOOD CHARLOTTE MORE LIEK BAD CHARLOTTE LOL AMIRITE

No, I had a good time standing on the spot.

If you just stand on the spot at a gig you're not in the experience. You need to get to a good gig with some decent music that picks up the pace, a band that knows how to involve the audience. Then you need to move into the pit, dance a bit, throw yourself around and let go, maybe even hit some people if its that kind of show. Standing in the back area watching the more fun people dance really isn't going to make for a great impression of gigs.

^ The man's right.

You can watch a gig from the comfort of your living room, but actually getting involved in the crowd at a gig makes for a much more enjoyable, and exclusive to that moment in time, experience.

Live for the moment, EEVILMURRAY. Or at least try once more!

If you just stand on the spot at a gig you're not in the experience. You need to get to a good gig with some decent music that picks up the pace, a band that knows how to involve the audience. Then you need to move into the pit, dance a bit, throw yourself around and let go, maybe even hit some people if its that kind of show. Standing in the back area watching the more fun people dance really isn't going to make for a great impression of gigs.

I don't dance.

[suck my 15 character balls]

The last gig i went to that i actually enjoyed was REM.

That was an awesome gig. You were at the Glasgow one, weren't you? I might've seen you! REM are an amazing band to see live. They were probably the best at Live 8 this summer.

I don't dance.

But the great thing is that dancing just means jumping around and pushing people and stuff. Even I 'dance' :P Hell, at Foo Fighters I might even have to sing, if they play Breakout :P

WHO?

[15 characters suck cock blah blah blah, happy now, Ashley?]

when is aw Foos i sang to every single song :) and then crowd surfed just to get a drink at the front lol

I don't dance.

I'm not talking about the waltz, just letting go and bouncing about, Rizz described it best.

Don't blame me when you get old and say "I wish I'd done more mosh pits when I was a yung-un!" then try to regain your lost youth and break your hip.

Sign in to follow this