Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I'm furious at Nintendo AS A PUBLISHER...

Dilli Gee

I honestly can't be arsed to do so tonight, but it mainly spews from the debate in the FF7 thread. Next time you get in a debate and it happens, I'll draw reference to that post though.

So er, tommorow then (or today, now it's gone 12.. yeah).

I am a dude that likes to put things straight. If people are accussing me of something I would like the undetestable, ACCURATE proof, not the "your attitude" walk in circles etc etc B$. Good night.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe what you want but YES. That guy got angry when I stated my dislike of Mario football.

There's a big difference between stating your dislike for a game, and making a series of posts trying to present it as a fact that MArio Strikers is a bad game.

That's why people are being aggrevated, cause you simply refuse to accept other people enjoy other games. You kept hammering away at it, until you moved the subject onto something else.

cant blame him there. but games like mario S have to be played as a multiplayer etc. Going by your posts you seemed to only go for the one player. that just isn't the point of these games. Same with mario kart etc.

You see? How can you not blame someone who insults you for having a different opinion!? Thats the same thing I am accused of, yet the other guy is not to be blamed? lolol :D Crazy shite, and thats why I call fanboy (and B$). Typical. rofl.

You see? How can you not blame someone who insults you for having a different opinion!? Thats the same thing I am accused of, yet the other guy is not to be blamed? lolol :D Crazy shite, and thats why I call fanboy (and B$).

wait a minute did someone just turn 2 pages at once?

What was wrong with my post?

Mario Strikers was a dire game with an online mode to boot and was NOT worth £39.99. Could of bought me some Converse trainers which would last me MUCH longer! >(

Okay, a bit over the top and rude, but if you think that I'm cool with that, provided you can accpet my opinion.

Its fair to say most bought this as their first and only online Wii game and solely for its online mode. Content-wise, this game is pretty weak and simple though an improvement over its predecessor.

Put it like this, would you have bought this if it wasn't online for £40?

Oh, so I'm not allowed to like this game, cause its weak and simple? Hey, I must be a fanboy 8-).

It's stuff like that, I really couldn't be arsed to quote you but hey, perhaps it might be a bit clearer for you now? Probably not.

wait a minute did someone just turn 2 pages at once?

What was wrong with my post?

....and mine.

EDIT: Sorry i gotta go to bed, I gotta get up at 5 to go to the chinese embassy tomorrow. King_V you know what I have to say, please think about it. mcj, jammy, its been a pleasure as always.

Okay, a bit over the top and rude, but if you think that I'm cool with that, provided you can accpet my opinion.

Oh, so I'm not allowed to like this game, cause its weak and simple? Hey, I must be a fanboy 8-).

It's stuff like that, I really couldn't be arsed to quote you but hey, perhaps it might be a bit clearer for you now? Probably not.

You see, arguing against me over nothing! Where did I state you couldn't enjoy the game without its online? and where did I say you.re a fanboy if you do? IMO it wasn't worth it, and IMO I wouldn't have touched it without the online feature. IMO.

You didn't even take the time to answer my question. :/

You see, arguing against me over nothing! Where did I state you couldn't enjoy the game without its online? and where did I say you.re a fanboy if you do?

You're a broken record now.

So er, I'll leave this whole discussion and go to bed. Until next time my fellow Nintendrones.

*sigh* All I ask is that people finish what they start.

Why they should? You don't do that ever. Instead you start to scream "fanboy!" when something doesn't go your merry way. ROFLES to you too. :indeed:

Believe what you want but YES. That guy got angry when I stated my dislike of Mario football.

Once again lying*, but somehow, I'm not surprised about this.

"How the F is any company as bad as Nintendo?!...S-E is no where near as bad...Gawd I hate these fanboys."

I answered to this sentence where you claimed that no company ever milks its properties so bad as Nintendo. In addition that your claim was stupid, it was written in way that was meant to insult everyone on these boards. In fact, you can't even find single mention of Mario Strikers from my post history for period of last two months.

Final Fantasy Agito XIII

Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition

Final Fantasy IV remake

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode

Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan

Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Final Fantasy XIII Versus

Final Fantasy: Dissidia

When I later showed following list, I was suddenly fanboy who don't get it... Get what? Yeah, I certainly remember time when Nintendo released fifteen Mario games within period of 18 months! Or six Zelda** titles! Oh wait, except that never happened!

* And if you need any proof that I'm speaking the truth, check this:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=545492&postcount=47

** Comparing Zelda to Dragon Quest releases.

King_V is right. Mario Strikers is not worth £40. If a shop is selling it for £40 they're ripping you off. Now, it's well worth the RRP of £35, or online prices of £30.

Put it like this, would you have bought this if it wasn't online for £40?

That makes as much sense as as asking if someone would buy a 40-hour Final Fantasy game that doesn't have battles in it. It's a major feature of the game you can't just go "what if a game doesn't have this". Also, Strikers is great for multiplayer and single player, while short, is fun and challenging.

King_V is right. Mario Strikers is not worth £40. If a shop is selling it for £40 they're ripping you off. Now, it's well worth the RRP of £35, or online prices of £30.

That makes as much sense as as asking if someone would buy a 40-hour Final Fantasy game that doesn't have battles in it. It's a major feature of the game you can't just go "what if a game doesn't have this". Also, Strikers is great for multiplayer and single player, while short, is fun and challenging.

That's all a debate from another thread, whenever we gave him good answers like that he just ignored the entire point and came back with your typical "I'm a dumbass without a response so I'll change the subject" answer.

I can't believe how many times he did that in one thread.

Anyway, what i would like to add to this convo is the fact that the 360 is getting these games now is because it has already got a 1 year development advantage over the wii (and the console we shall not name), We all know the pain of waiting for a zelda game to come out and endlessly being delayed, for example: I bought a gamecube over 2 years ago so that i could play Twilight Princess when it came out, then i ended up getting it well over a year later as a launch title on launch night with my brand new wii! lol

Oh, my god. It's the PS3, PLAYSTATION 3, or dot he words burn your fingers to type?

Grow up for gods sake.

It's amazing. Just reading all the threads like this, you can see who owns only a Wii, and who is a multiformat user.

Hey I was no different when I got a 360 :(

I admit when things look good for other consoles etc...

Though I do prefer my Wii.

The 360 needs 7 good new franchises BARE MINIMUM to take on Nintendo.

Wii is a success, in terms of sales and popularity, but a failure when it comes to remarkable, original games.

Fact is, most are half-arsed ports of PS2 titles, or cheap crap packaged and sold for £35.

Nintendo themselves are the only ones who seem to put any effort into the games, a far cry from the Microsoft/Sony ass-licking third parties do.

Wii is a success, in terms of sales and popularity, but a failure when it comes to remarkable, original games.

Fact is, most are half-arsed ports of PS2 titles, or cheap crap packaged and sold for £35.

Nintendo themselves are the only ones who seem to put any effort into the games, a far cry from the Microsoft/Sony ass-licking third parties do.

So far it's pretty true, but you've got to admit some third parties had some pretty good game in developement before the console launched, and now it's proven it's success more and more third party games keep popping up, many of which looks to have a high level of quality.

Yeah, it's still a long way off reaching the level of quality we see on 360 and ps3, but over the past 8 months the third party games seem to be getting better and better.

Of course, there is more and more crap and filler, like the PS2 had to go with this, but it's not hard to avoid it.

Oh, my god. It's the PS3, PLAYSTATION 3, or dot he words burn your fingers to type?

Grow up for gods sake.

I am not sure if that was meant to be serious, but my 'console we shall not name' remark was certainly meant as a hilarious comment to fetch a smile to the face of the reader, i have loved this sort of comment ever since the N-Europe news article about the PS3 having motion sensing, when they said something along the lines of the controller being pulled from 'up his evil sleeve' or whatever they said!

It's funny, these threads feel like the old threads of when the DS just came out :P

look at the DS now ;)

God i had completely forgotten about how awful the start of the DS's life was, remember when Yoshi Touch and go was the only game that actually used the stylus to come out in about the first 74 years of it's launch... ok that might be an exageration but it certainly felt like it (especially after the promise of new ways to play and all!)

I am not sure if that was meant to be serious, but my 'console we shall not name' remark was certainly meant as a hilarious comment to fetch a smile

but my 'console we shall not name' remark was certainly meant as a hilarious comment to fetch a smile

was certainly meant as a hilarious comment

hilarious comment

Don´t be too optimistic

To King V:

If you hate the Wii and Nintendo, go get a 360 or a PS3.

If you want to spend over £400 for a machine that doesn't have a single stellar game and all the AAA titles are flops pick that up. Great investment. Why not pick up a copy of Lair to go with it, a game for this super powered behemoth which has a terrible framerate and is virtually uncontrolable due to the fact the developers tried to use Sixaxis in the same way you would use the Wii-mote.

Instead we'll be buying a Wii for the very affordable price of £170, picking up greats like Zelda and soon Metroid, having a lot of fun with games like Wii Sports and enjoying all the Nintendo greats via the VC.

The Wii has been out less than a year, it's sold over 10.7 million consoles, it's brought a whole new dimension to gaming and re-engaged people who were long lost to games due to the kind of games made for spotty kids with an obsession for teenage boys with spikey blonde hair and oversized swords whilst still bringing the great franchises like Zelda, Metroid and Mario to us long time Nintendo fans.

As a publisher no one stands close to Nintendo, such a long rich history of AAA titles which are still performing today.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!