Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Banned Users

Ashley

It might be a personal thing but I don't know you personally. Your friends might be okay with you rooting through their phones but I'm not. The comparison you're making basically says that if I was sat next to you on a bus then you could take my phone from me and look at my texts because it was a 'personal thing'.

It IS an admin power trip thing because you shouldn't be doing it.

Yes, we all have done things we shouldn't but you are in a position of the highest responsibility here and to admit you've been snooping through someone's pm's is utterly disgusting.

I'd say your completely unapologetic attitude is fueling the fire here too.

ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS. I wouldn't look through a stranger's phoen.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS. I wouldn't look through a stranger's phoen.

And I quote...

Serves as a warning really. May see about making it so they can see this forum.

(and to test this I logged into The Ganondorf's account and kinda nosied through his PMs. Odd kid)

Just nosying through is hardly need to know basis. Seen as though he's already perm banned, there's definitely no need. To say you did it on a need to know basis is utter bollocks.

Telling people to fuck off when they complain that it's not right that admins are reading private messages.... interesting concept.

That's exactly the point. Your attitude about this is pretty shocking for an admin Ashley.

Technically this is the admins forum and they can do whatever (legal) stuff they like on here. Reading PMs is a bit low, but you really are a moron if you actually believed PMs to be secure in the first place. The Private bit means not publicly viewable, it's a tech term rather than the real world assumption that privacy and security are one and the same.

The admins should be reading PMs, otherwise illegal activity could be taking place on this site resulting in it being shut down

I don't know which way to look at this but as a general comment some ppl just don't like the idea of 'being watched'. For example i am a CCTV operator in a supermarket. Some ppl don't like the idea of CCTV. People think that they should not be watched while they are shopping but there are done because that is just how society is now a days. And the amount of ppl i havew caught shoplifting is quite amazing really.

So i would assume that if a admin was to look at someones PM's then they would only do so for good reason. The people who have that resonsabilty to do something like that need to be trusted. For example my boss has to trust me to do the job i do. The only places i can't have CCTV cameras are in toliets and changing rooms for obvious privite reasons so if an admin could not read other ppl's PM's then the option would not be there.

It is true you can abuse powers though, for example i could just spend all day following women round the store and try and look down there tops with CCTV cameras being obove them. So that is where the trust comes in. (and just to note no i don't)

If Ashleys intentions were fine or not i don't think he did himself any favours in the way he wrote is post:

'and to test this I logged into The Ganondorf's account and kinda nosied through his PMs. Odd kid'

Maybe you just made a mistake in the way you wrote that message? or maybe not? but in any case i just thought i would add my own opinions to the topic.

The admins should be reading PMs, otherwise illegal activity could be taking place on this site resulting in it being shut down

Unless someone here is planning to hijack a carnival cruise ship and ram it into the white house then this statement is a bit empty, I doubt the powers that be care much if someone is linking to 1980s vomit-pop/electronica mp3s in their PMs.

Technically this is the admins forum and they can do whatever (legal) stuff they like on here. Reading PMs is a bit low, but you really are a moron if you actually believed PMs to be secure in the first place. The Private bit means not publicly viewable, it's a tech term rather than the real world assumption that privacy and security are one and the same.

Ha... you're a mod and I've never heard of you. That's funny, in a sorta twisted way.

Well this site like many others should state somewere that forums is user submitted material and does not represent the website.

As Twozzok said earlier:

EDIT: Also, seeing as this forum is attached to a website with commercial interest, As in owned by a company that probably does have it's own policy, why are you admitting it publicly that you've gone through a banned users PM box :/

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!