NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

I wonder if we'll get something like a "8.5" version. Didn't the GameCube get a ".5" version?

I wonder if we'll get something like a "8.5" version. Didn't the GameCube get a ".5" version?

Yeah, that version of Winning Eleven was pro evo 3.5. It featured updated kits that I never saw in 3.

Tremendous news! I'm still buying FIFA this year, but I cannot wait to play a Wii-ified version of PES.

Bring it on!

Hmm will make my decision tough even more as to whether I should get Fifa or PES & which platform I should get it on.

That is the most stupid move ever. Winning eleven in coming out in japan on wii this year correct and has been always coming out on gamecube for several years?

Theyhave the game made all they have to do is translate and make a boxart to appeal to the western world.

What the hell?

So they are actually going to let fifa destroy them on wii this year then?:(

Well it's going to happen they didn't release thei game on the most popular machine.

That is the most stupid move ever. Winning eleven in coming out in japan on wii this year correct and has been always coming out on gamecube for several years?

Theyhave the game made all they have to do is translate and make a boxart to appeal to the western world.

What the hell?

Well it's going to happen they didn't release thei game on the most popular machine.

Only Winning Eleven 6:FE was released on the GC. it bombed in the sales charts so Konami decided not to release it on GC after that. Also I not sure if the Wii version will be released in Japan this year you know. the DS version is coming out in october but even the PS3, 360 dates have not been confirmed.

Cube, in Japan they always release two versions of Winning Eleven in a year instead of just one version here in Europe. WE6:FE was basically unreleased PES3.5 but it was released on PS2 also.

WE10 J-Leage World Championship 2007 was released in Japan on PS2 few weeks ago. The Pal PS2 version of PES2008 will be based on this version. now the Wii version maybe a port of the PS2 PES2008 game or if Konami to decide to release a Japan exclusive Winning Eleven J-League game in early 2008 the Wii game maybe based on that version instead.

PC-DVD, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 2, PSP (PlayStationPortable) and Nintendo DS

for crying out loud the wii is the only thing that's not there.. i wouln't be surprised to see ngage there before wii.

BUt i guess if it was on the wii it would only be a straight port of the ps2 version but still this will(and I hope it does) hurt konami.

What the hell?

But still, football fans who own the Wii will still buy this. Konami will reap sales sooner or later. I'm just concerned about when in 'early' 2008 this will be released. It would be a dream if this and Smash Bros were released on close dates to each other.

What the hell?

Hopefully they're taking their time because they don't want to rush it:)

I always prefferred the arcade feel of the old ISS on N64. Still good news, if they get it right.

Gamespot's news bulletin:

Konami today announced that its long-running Pro Evolution Soccer series (sometimes known as Winning Eleven) will be arriving on the Wii in the first quarter of next year. Simply called Pro Evolution Soccer for now, the Wii version of the series has "undergone a radical rethink" to be built around the system's motion-sensing controllers. Despite that, Konami is promising the same level of realism seen in previous editions of Pro Evolution Soccer.

A huge relief, if you ask me.

^ Indeed, well I really can't wait to see how this turns out. And hey, if there is something different about this compared to the other PES08's coming this year, then maybe consumers will have an extra incentive to get this, even though they own other versions.

Nice, I like how the title got editted. Isn't it weird how I made this topic just before its official confirmation?!

Nice, I like how the title got editted. Isn't it weird how I made this topic just before its official confirmation?!

Is there something we should know:heh: ?

Great news! Pity we have to wait till next year - but I'd probably still get PES2008 on xbox over wii.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Dated in Europe

Footie fans prepare to drop everything on October 26.

by Rob Burman, IGN UK

UK, September 14, 2007 - Rejoice, football fans: Konami has confirmed that Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 will be shooting for success in European from October 26.

At least, that's certainly the case on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and PS2. DS, PSP and Wii editions, however, are scheduled arrive in European stores slightly later, in November.

Announcing the release, Konami president Kunio Neo bigged-up the 2008 game, describing it as "easily the best Pro Evolution Soccer title to date". If that wasn't enough of a personal trumpet blast, Neo continued, noting he was "extremely confident that PES 2008 will be welcomed as the greatest football game of all time".

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/820/820162p1.html

So could we really be getting Pro Evo on the Wii so soon? We were all preppin ourselves for it in 2008 but it looks like for once us Europeans could be getting some good treatment! Other console versions are out in late October then followed by the Wii and DS iterations just afterwards, in November according to the Konami President... a nice touch if ever there was one.

:yay:

So could we really be getting Pro Evo on the Wii so soon?

Nope. The Official press release doesn't mention the Wii version at all.

yeah they said like 2 weeks ago that we're getting it in 08. Doubt they'd change their minds so soon.

Nope. The Official press release doesn't mention the Wii version at all.

yeah they said like 2 weeks ago that we're getting it in 08. Doubt they'd change their minds so soon.

So IGN are just messing about? Maybe they just got a bit mixed up seeing as they probably aren't all that worried about real football.

The Wii is officially the ultimate console as of 2008....

Pro Evolution Soccer is that good.

I strongly doubt this will ever come out on the Wii

Even thought it's officially coming in 2008?

Ok.....

Give me a link to Konami confirming it and I will believe it.

During the Konami Press Conference at the Leipzig Games Convention today, it has been confirmed that a Wii version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 will be released during the course of, err, 2008. While the current generation versions of the game will be out October this year, Wii'll have to wait before kicking off.

It's coming.