NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

My only problem is you can't decide if you do a low or high pass, to me this is insane! I don't care if defenders are in the way, you can still thread a pass through them on the floor.

Also, how do passes work really far up the field where you can't point to on the screen - Tom Huddlestone does this all the time :)

The potential for this game is phenomenal, I just feel it'll be so limiting the first time around!

My only problem is you can't decide if you do a low or high pass, to me this is insane! I don't care if defenders are in the way, you can still thread a pass through them on the floor.

Curious. What gave you that impression Dazzy? I can't see Konami limiting options like this for the player....

Curious. What gave you that impression Dazzy? I can't see Konami limiting options like this for the player....

If you look back abit I also commented on it, somewhere they have said that it will do it so you can concerntrate on playing out the right "plays".

I'm positive that the passing is automatic, you point to where you want to pass and it decides (depending on length of pass) if it's a high or low one.

Hopefully they'll change it, we'll see. I just don't understand why they couldn't do it so if you press A it's on the floor and if you press A and B it's a long pass! Simple!

I'm positive that the passing is automatic, you point to where you want to pass and it decides (depending on length of pass) if it's a high or low one.

Hopefully they'll change it, we'll see. I just don't understand why they couldn't do it so if you press A it's on the floor and if you press A and B it's a long pass! Simple!

Oh I see. I'll be disappointed too if they don't allow for simple manual passing as you say. I still don't think they'll mess this up, but as you say we'll see.

What's the chance of this 21st Feb date being a worldwide release date, do you think?

Oh I see. I'll be disappointed too if they don't allow for simple manual passing as you say. I still don't think they'll mess this up, but as you say we'll see.

What's the chance of this 21st Feb date being a worldwide release date, do you think?

no won't be released worldwide in Feb.. I actually forgot about this, I not gonna pre-order Japanese version though. gonna wait till I hear how it plays first.

Terrible thought - what if it doesn't even get a European release at all? After all, Winning Eleven 6FE never made it to these shores, despite it being (to all intents and purposes) a slightly improved version of the game that was to be PES2 here.

Could this be possible?

Terrible thought - what if it doesn't even get a European release at all? After all, Winning Eleven 6FE never made it to these shores, despite it being (to all intents and purposes) a slightly improved version of the game that was to be PES2 here.

Could this be possible?

Well WE6FE wa a much better game than PES2 but I am pretty sure the reason it was not released was down to Sony Europe having exclusive rights on the PES series more than Konami not interested in releasing it in the west.

Well WE6FE wa a much better game than PES2 but I am pretty sure the reason it was not released was down to Sony Europe having exclusive rights on the PES series more than Konami not interested in releasing it in the west.

yeah what he said.... we will see it here definitly.

This looks Good! and a lot of fun to play! :)

Konami is putting effort into this game which is great! Just as long as the controls work, it should be a solid football game. :D

The game is definitely coming out in the the UK as Pro Evolution.

I'm very excited by this game, could be absolutely incredible, or it could be a bit of a mess. Hopefully the former and completely changes the way football games are played in the future. Stupidly ambitious!

i still think there is room in the market to strap my wiimote to my ankle. maybe 2009

i still think there is room in the market to strap my wiimote to my ankle. maybe 2009

And I still don't :heh:

Any news on the roster for this game? Has it been slimmed down or expanded on?

And I still don't :heh:

Any news on the roster for this game? Has it been slimmed down or expanded on?

99.9% it will be the same teams in the PS2/PS3/360 versions. Konami might update some of the transfers from Jan 08 and the transfers they missed from summer 07.

If it is coming to Europe I hope we don't have to wait too long. February 21st would have been great, but I can imagine a Spring release for this, which would be disappointing.

Don't make us wait Konami!

If it is coming to Europe I hope we don't have to wait too long. February 21st would have been great, but I can imagine a Spring release for this, which would be disappointing.

Don't make us wait Konami!

then theres no point coz the seasons almost over here, it finishes in may/june

then theres no point coz the seasons almost over here, it finishes in may/june

Trust me, Konami do not care about that. Don't be suprised if the transfers from Jan 08 are not included.

This game looks like it could be great and reinvent the football game yet again it could suck only time will tell.

does it matter tht much when it comes out? surely if the football season is over it is somethin 2 keep u goin and couldnt they releash patches 2 update it?

also any1 know what sort of game mdes will b included as only played the ds version

cheers

does it matter tht much when it comes out? surely if the football season is over it is somethin 2 keep u goin and couldnt they releash patches 2 update it?

also any1 know what sort of game mdes will b included as only played the ds version

cheers

They won't release patches. Konami have never done it and doubt they will in the future. The game will have a new Champions Road game mode, The game will have a Trade Mode, which allows you to exchange team and players with friends online.

I think this means user created teams and players although not totally sure.

Will this be on wi-fi? i presumed it was but then i realised i have no proof

All other versions of PES 2008 seem to have online so it seems to be very likely :)

All other versions of PES 2008 seem to have online so it seems to be very likely :)

Awesome. Wi-fi and a possible classic controller style = instant buy for me

yeah you would have thought so. The bare minimum we can expect surely is the PS2 versions feature set?