NEurope
Shorty

The Official N-E Quiz. Forum prizes to be won! (round 11 complete)

7: Baten Kaitos: The Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Baten Kaitos Origins.

Probably answered already, but I give it a try.

4. Tengen. Not knowing anything about Go, that was a bitch to find.
Hehe, after watching the awesome Hikaru no Go, I know that's right. Tengen is the centre star of a Go board, and the company Tengen made some crappy NES games :D

I'll leave the marking up to Supergrunch though ^_^

12. Using fused quartz.

Shame I never heard about a company named tengen :P

4. Tengen. Not knowing anything about Go, that was a bitch to find.

Well done, it's right. You could've also had Sente.

Question 9:

Panini = Plural of panino, meaning bread roll in Italian.

Correct!

US Americans (lol) are unable to do so because the US is poor and has no maps. They should learn from the SOuth Africa and the Iraq to build a fututre for their children.

/end

Edit: balls - should read the last page of a bloody topic before posting.

You're right for posting - this is the only true summary so you get the points.

6. It depends on the surface:

How to Remove Iodine Stains From:

Acetate, Acrylic Fabric, Carpet

(synthetic or wool), Cotton,

Fiberglass, Linen, Modacrylic,

Nylon, Olefin, Polyester, Rayon,

Silk, Spandex, Triacetate, Wool

Since iodine is a dye, it must be treated immediately to prevent a permanent stain. Sponge (the method of using a dampened pad to apply light strokes, moving outward from the center of the stain) the area thoroughly with water. Add 1 teaspoon sodium thiosulfate to 1/2 cup warm water and stir until crystals are completely dissolved. (Handle carefully, as sodium thiosulfate can cause irritation to the eyes, skin, lungs and digestive tract.) Test the fabric with the solution; if color doesn't change, wet the stain with this solution, blotting with an absorbent pad. Flush (the method of applying stain remover to loosen staining material and residue from stain removers) well with clear water and repeat if necessary.

Acrylic Plastic, Ceramic Glass/Tile,

Glass, Paint (flat or gloss), Plexiglas,

Polyurethane, Porcelain Fixtures,

Vinyl Clothing, Vinyl Wallcovering

Wipe the stain with a cloth or sponge dipped in warm sudsy water to which a few drops of ammonia have been added. Rinse well and wipe dry.

Alabaster, Marble

Mix a few drops of ammonia with a cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Soak a white blotter (about the size of the stain) with the solution and place it over the stain. Weight it down with a piece of glass or other heavy object. Continue applying the solution until the stain has been bleached out. For tougher stains, make a bleach poultice from powdered detergent, bleach, and water. Apply this paste to the stain and cover with a damp pad to retard evaporation. Leave overnight. Then remove the dried paste, rinse the area with clear water, and dry.

Asphalt, Cork, Linoleum

Rub the stain with a cloth dampened in a solution of ammonia and water. If any stain remains, saturate the cloth in the solution and place it over the stain until it is either removed or no more stain is being lifted. Wash the area and wax as usual.

Bluestone, Brick, Concrete, Flagstone,

Granite, Masonry Tile, Slate, Terrazzo

Wash with a solution of washing soda or detergent (not soap) and water. Use a cloth or soft-bristled brush to help scrub. Rinse thoroughly with clear water and allow to dry.

Grout

Wipe the area with a cloth dipped in warm sudsy water. If any stain remains, dip a wet toothbrush into baking soda or powdered cleanser and gently scrub the spot. Rinse well and wipe dry.

Leather, Suede

Because iodine contains a dye, it affects the hide of these materials on contact. Therefore it cannot be removed.

Wood

Mix dishwashing detergent in hot water and swish to make a great volume of suds. Dip a cloth in only the foam and apply to the iodine stain. Rinse with a clean cloth moistened with clear water. Polish or wax as soon as possible.

Iodine has its uses, but getting it on a household surface can cause serious problems. These stain removal techniques can keep iodine stains from becoming a permanent fixture in your household.

Wow, I was just thinking of sodium thiosulphate. That's in there, so you get the points.

3. Is it Jack Kerouac?
3. Charles Bukowski

19th century.

7: Baten Kaitos: The Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Baten Kaitos Origins.

Probably answered already, but I give it a try.

Correct!

Hehe, after watching the awesome Hikaru no Go, I know that's right. Tengen is the centre star of a Go board, and the company Tengen made some crappy NES games :D

I'll leave the marking up to Supergrunch though ^_^

Heh, influence of the New Year special? I think the word literally means something like the origin of heaven. :heh:

17. Peter Cat

Correct!

12. Using fused quartz.

Shame I never heard about a company named tengen :P

That's not quite the answer I'm looking for - how did he make the long quartz fibres?

Motion got that 3 point one, that means me and him are now drawing. Awesome :)

*dies inside*:p

Motion got that 3 point one, that means me and him are now drawing. Awesome :)

*dies inside*:p

Gives you someone to compete with. :wink:

Is it just first place that gets the custom title or whatever? I've forgotten what was said at the start.

Regardless, I think 10 rounds is a suitable amount and the competition should just be ended now :D

Regardless, I think 10 rounds is a suitable amount and the competition should just be ended now :D

Haha, me too. :D 10's a nice, round number. :p

Interesting you should both say that :heh: I'm not sure everyone else would agree. I haven't made my mind up on prizes but I'm thinking first, second and third place prizes plus notable runners up :) (or is it "runner ups"?)

That's not quite the answer I'm looking for - how did he make the long quartz fibres?

8 He made a torsion pendulum with quartz fibers (torsion spring), by twisting the quartz fibers, which store mechanichal force when they are twisted. Is that enough or do I need to go physics on your ass?

Wheee! I get a 2 pointer!!

Also where in question 3 does it say 19th Century?

Which famous author of the 19th Century

There. :heh:

8 He made a torsion pendulum with quartz fibers (torsion spring), by twisting the quartz fibers, which store mechanichal force when they are twisted. Is that enough or do I need to go physics on your ass?

No, there's no need for that - how did he make the fibres?

3: God.

The bible is the most shoplifted book in the world.

I think both Christians and non-Christians will agree that the bible has multiple authors.

There. :heh:

That's question 5 'grunch ;)

I had answered 3 but seeing as I got another one correct it doesn't really matter :p

I think both Christians and non-Christians will agree that the bible has multiple authors.

You mean everybody but Christians? Christians do believe the Bible was "Breathed by God" and those who wrote it were only doing so to His will.

It has too many authors for me to write them all down and then be wrong.

5.Which famous author of the 19th Century was sentenced to death but later granted a reprieve? (1 point)

Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Idiot.

No, there's no need for that - how did he make the fibres?

aaaaah! lol

8He made the quartz fibers by firing an arrow with attached molten quartz in the tip.

That's question 5 'grunch ;)

I had answered 3 but seeing as I got another one correct it doesn't really matter :p

Bah, don't expect me to bother with piffling details like question numbers. :heh: For the record: all proposed answers for question 3 are wrong.

You mean everybody but Christians? Christians do believe the Bible was "Breathed by God" and those who wrote it were only doing so to His will.

It has too many authors for me to write them all down and then be wrong.

Well, most of the Bible is supposed to be written by prophets. While you could argue that they are writing God's words, they are nevertheless the authors, so the book remains a collaboration.

5.Which famous author of the 19th Century was sentenced to death but later granted a reprieve? (1 point)

Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Idiot.

Heh, you are correct.

aaaaah! lol

8He made the quartz fibers by firing an arrow with attached molten quartz in the tip.

Yep, that's correct. With a crossbow no less.

14. RPG? ....

Nope, they tend to be on consoles.