NEurope
Shorty

The Official N-E Quiz. Forum prizes to be won! (round 11 complete)

Queation 2: Midori Sugiura

Correct!

...wow, saying who's right is harder than it looks.

8. "Uh, I think there are some people in our nation who don't really have maps..... I believe that our education, ummm places like South Africa and Iraq, everywhere such as.... uh....... our education here in the US should help the US...uh...places like South Africa and Iraq and the asian countries to help build up our future."

Possibly the most confusing answer to a question I've ever heard, not quite sure what Iraq and South Africa have to do with it. To be fair it was quite a hard question and it was probably quite nerve wracking, poor girl.

Summarise... :wink: :heh:

1) What is the integral of sin(x) e^x? (3 points)

1-Cos(x)e^x + C

I'm confident i've missed a step.

1-Cos(x)e^x + C

I'm confident i've missed a step.

Incorrect... it's kind of hard, hence the 3 points.

Incorrect... it's kind of hard, hence the 3 points.

I know I can do this :heh:

I remember doing this in maths but i've forgot something but can't remember what.

Screw it i'll leave it till tomorrow and if anyone hasn't done it i'll do it then.

20) Fish.

Also about that sneaky 18) It's easy to make it a fake, save a picture and open it up in Paint, then sign your name and take a picture.

(1/2) * e^x *(sin(x)-cos(x))

(1/2) * e^x *(sin(x)-cos(x))

Correct!

(Did you work it out, or use a program?)

Is mine right? I wanna no whether or not to just go for an easy one now instead of trying to get high points.

Have a hug, maybe it'll make u feel better mate

Ha thanks :heh:

Here we go again:

11.Some people have an inability to correctly metabolise homogenistic acid. What is the most common symptom of this condition? (2 points)

Coloured Urine.

Correct!

(Did you work it out, or use a program?)

I tried to resolve it, but because most of the times I don't understand the way anglophones use Math terms (for me an integral needs a range), I searched for what you exactly meant by integral, and I came across a wonderful site.

Edit: I should also point, that I SHOULD know how to integrate, but I don't most of the times.

Here we go again:

11.Some people have an inability to correctly metabolise homogenistic acid. What is the most common symptom of this condition? (2 points)

Arthritis?

I'm afraid not, hard luck. Some of the questions can be googled easily.

I tried to resolve it, but because most of the times I don't understand the way anglophones use Math terms (for me an integral needs a range), I searched for what you exactly meant by integral, and I came across a wonderful site.

Heh, well... anyone trying to work it out by parts (the only way as far as I know) would have run into a bit of a difficulty.

Here we go again:

Coloured Urine.

And this time, you are correct!

Finally, third time is the charm :heh:

I must read things properly before I rush off and do things, one of my downfalls and missed out on an extra point.

I went for the easy point. Damnit I should hve taken my time and looked around. Never mind, this seems like a hard round. Hopefully I might get to answer another question.

4.Ipponmichi

To be honest it's the only one I can think of, because it's similar to Nippon Ichi.

EDIT: Also grunch, check the pms the scores are wrong :P

4.Ipponmichi

To be honest it's the only one I can think of, because it's similar to Nippon Ichi.

EDIT: Also grunch, check the pms the scores are wrong :P

That's definitely a go term, but I can't find anything about it being a video games company.

8:"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so, because, is that some people out there, in our nation, don't have maps, and I believe that our education, such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here, in the US should help the US, or um should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."

US Americans (lol) are unable to do so because the US is poor and has no maps. They should learn from the SOuth Africa and the Iraq to build a fututre for their children.

/end

Edit: balls - should read the last page of a bloody topic before posting.

6. It depends on the surface:

How to Remove Iodine Stains From:

Acetate, Acrylic Fabric, Carpet

(synthetic or wool), Cotton,

Fiberglass, Linen, Modacrylic,

Nylon, Olefin, Polyester, Rayon,

Silk, Spandex, Triacetate, Wool

Since iodine is a dye, it must be treated immediately to prevent a permanent stain. Sponge (the method of using a dampened pad to apply light strokes, moving outward from the center of the stain) the area thoroughly with water. Add 1 teaspoon sodium thiosulfate to 1/2 cup warm water and stir until crystals are completely dissolved. (Handle carefully, as sodium thiosulfate can cause irritation to the eyes, skin, lungs and digestive tract.) Test the fabric with the solution; if color doesn't change, wet the stain with this solution, blotting with an absorbent pad. Flush (the method of applying stain remover to loosen staining material and residue from stain removers) well with clear water and repeat if necessary.

Acrylic Plastic, Ceramic Glass/Tile,

Glass, Paint (flat or gloss), Plexiglas,

Polyurethane, Porcelain Fixtures,

Vinyl Clothing, Vinyl Wallcovering

Wipe the stain with a cloth or sponge dipped in warm sudsy water to which a few drops of ammonia have been added. Rinse well and wipe dry.

Alabaster, Marble

Mix a few drops of ammonia with a cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Soak a white blotter (about the size of the stain) with the solution and place it over the stain. Weight it down with a piece of glass or other heavy object. Continue applying the solution until the stain has been bleached out. For tougher stains, make a bleach poultice from powdered detergent, bleach, and water. Apply this paste to the stain and cover with a damp pad to retard evaporation. Leave overnight. Then remove the dried paste, rinse the area with clear water, and dry.

Asphalt, Cork, Linoleum

Rub the stain with a cloth dampened in a solution of ammonia and water. If any stain remains, saturate the cloth in the solution and place it over the stain until it is either removed or no more stain is being lifted. Wash the area and wax as usual.

Bluestone, Brick, Concrete, Flagstone,

Granite, Masonry Tile, Slate, Terrazzo

Wash with a solution of washing soda or detergent (not soap) and water. Use a cloth or soft-bristled brush to help scrub. Rinse thoroughly with clear water and allow to dry.

Grout

Wipe the area with a cloth dipped in warm sudsy water. If any stain remains, dip a wet toothbrush into baking soda or powdered cleanser and gently scrub the spot. Rinse well and wipe dry.

Leather, Suede

Because iodine contains a dye, it affects the hide of these materials on contact. Therefore it cannot be removed.

Wood

Mix dishwashing detergent in hot water and swish to make a great volume of suds. Dip a cloth in only the foam and apply to the iodine stain. Rinse with a clean cloth moistened with clear water. Polish or wax as soon as possible.

Iodine has its uses, but getting it on a household surface can cause serious problems. These stain removal techniques can keep iodine stains from becoming a permanent fixture in your household.