N-Europe

New Revolution information! Confirmed by Jim Merrick of NoE

Domstercool

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_articulo.php?pic=NRV&id=cw4364e1acb0d17&idj=&idp=&tipo=art&c=1&pos=0

In none english >.<

- The USB Wi-fi adapter will also be compatible with Revolution.

- Revolution will launch worlwide within 14 weeks maximum, that means on the same quarter in every region.

- Multiplayer mode in Revolution will be similar to the NDS: multiple players with only one copy of the game.

- You'll be able to download retro games from different regions (for instance, an European user could download Super Mario RPG for the SNES from the US server).

- When played on Revolution, N64 games will have better framerate but there won't be significant graphical improvements.

- No Revolution games will be shown in 2005.

- There won't be any significant differences in the graphics of Revolution compared to the other systems

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool...I knew there wouldn't be a significant difference between the graphics. I mean, look at Resi 4 on the PS2, that's hardly that much different. The machines are so powerful this comming generation, the eyes wont be able to tell much different.

It's cool about the downloading from different regions (looks more likely we can get Earthbound ^_^)

And I'm glad it'll be in the same quarter for everywhere.

Hopefully this 'download play' thing will be improved, it's been crap so far for the DS.

They could just tell us everything, the fact that they arent makes it seem as if they have nothing to show, unlike the competition. It's as if the Revolution is going to be launched with 3 games and that is it... I dont like Metroid and Smash Bros isnt that great.

No games shown in 2005!? :( Looking forward to hopefully playing Perfect Dark at a playable framerate though.

Don't see PD being available for Download because Rare own the copyright, sorry.

Multiplayer mode in Revolution will be similar to the NDS: multiple players with only one copy of the game.

That cool!!! :smile::smile: I'll be able to play my Neighbours/Housemate at Mario Kart Rev through the walls!!

I cant wait for my frist Revolution lan party :)

Heheh...Me either!! 2 of my mates are hopefully getting them that own PS2s. They have too much fun playing my Cube n that.

1 of them could bring theirs round, and we could have more players and better games with some. You can see where an opponent is on shoot em ups and such on the same TV, gives them away. Would be better with 2 TVs. More screen space too. YAY^_^

I'm glad it's within 14 weeks or about 3 month (feared it could be more) and guess this timeframe will also narrow, they are only cautious not to make promises they can't keep. Of course I would also be happy with a shorter release span but it's still better than with the DS and I was able to wait for that device too.

Besides releasing a console without having enough stock isn't really helpful either. In Austria a big chain gets only 10 X-Box 360 Premium per store for launch and then if you're not one of the few lucky persons to get one - or not clever enough to preorder it - you also have to wait longer.

my mate is planning on getting a rev, so this can be cool :)

N64 news is good, me nd my mate are looking forward to the snes and nes games too :)

the 14 weeks MAXIMUM is good, if it was lower I'd expect a rubbish launch in australia/europe, it also allows for them to complete the launch in a shorter amount of time if they are able to.

8 weeks would be good, 4 weeks excellent, obv 1-2 days would be best, but fairly hard (impossible I guess?) to actually pull off.

There won't be any significant differences in the graphics of Revolution compared to the other systems

So basically, they are saying Revolution will be as powerful as the 360 or PS3. Good, very good.

- The USB Wi-fi adapter will also be compatible with Revolution.

Okay.

- Revolution will launch worlwide within 14 weeks maximum, that means on the same quarter in every region.

Good good.

- Multiplayer mode in Revolution will be similar to the NDS: multiple players with only one copy of the game.

Good good.

- You'll be able to download retro games from different regions (for instance, an European user could download Super Mario RPG for the SNES from the US server).

Fantastic news, we'll be able to play games europe never saw, e.g. Earthbound.

- When played on Revolution, N64 games will have better framerate but there won't be significant graphical improvements.

Okay.

- No Revolution games will be shown in 2005.

WHAT?! Someone I know has lied to me...

- There won't be any significant differences in the graphics of Revolution compared to the other systems

Good good, but I hope it uses Steroscopic 3d like we were talknig about in the other thread.

... - Multiplayer mode in Revolution will be similar to the NDS: multiple players with only one copy of the game...

Is this true, are you sure, 100%?

If so, that's amazing! This would be great, I can't wait for more news!!! :D

You'll be able to download retro games from different regions (for instance, an European user could download Super Mario RPG for the SNES from the US server).

This point caught my attention the most, thats awesome news. I'm also very pleased with the 14 week maximum world wide launch. I feared a European delay to 2007.

Since when have we been able to believe Nintendo regarding release dates? I'll believe that 14 week thing when it happens, but even then, I'd still prefer a simultaneous launch.

The rest of the news is good, though. I'm a bit sceptical about the one-disc multiplayer for Revolution, it has to be said. If it does happen, it's sure to be with a lot of features taken out (like only being able to play a few tracks and only playing as Shy Guy in single cart Mario Kart DS).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!