NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

The University Thread 2007

I moved all my shit back into my house. Came back so I can get pissed with some of my work Gringo's. Then I'll hop onto a train back to Leicester, set my shit up, and play some music at high volume.

My college recently merged with some other stuff to become the University of Cumbria. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me and my fellow art students, but reading in the local press about the almost constant, childish bickering about where to build the new main campus has already provided literally dozens of hours of entertainment.

As far as I'm aware, they've just about settled on an abandoned car park, but aren't decided on which bit should be built first.

Me! Moving in this weekend into Blackfriars (private halls). Where are you staying?

I hope you're going to go see The Venga Boys!!!!

(add me on MSN dude)

Seen the Freshers week line-up? http://www.strathstudents.com

Ah thats pretty awesome. I live basically 10 minutes away from the Uni so I'm just going to stay at home, with the parents :D

Yeah, hopefully, can't beat some good ol' cheesey pop songs from like likes of them.

Should be fun. What year are you in by the way?

Ah thats pretty awesome. I live basically 10 minutes away from the Uni so I'm just going to stay at home, with the parents :D

Yeah, hopefully, can't beat some good ol' cheesey pop songs from like likes of them.

Should be fun. What year are you in by the way?

Just going into first year. :)

Which year are you in?

Where do you live in Glasgow?

Anyone else not got the letter from the loans company that you take to registration?

I've got to enroll on Thursday and the bastard has not turned up. To make it worse the login on the site is down. I've got a letter they've sent me saying I'll get payments, but apparently they sent me my confirmation letter on the 6th, still not turned up.

I have to have my personal statement written and sent to my form tutor by tommorow. I havn't a clue where to start, the booklet she's given me isn't that much help.

Where you gonna be applying for? I just gotta enter my options, and current qualifications to UCAS.

I moved all my shit back into my house. Came back so I can get pissed with some of my work Gringo's. Then I'll hop onto a train back to Leicester, set my shit up, and play some music at high volume.

Had to hop on a train back. Had a cracking shower Monday, then the next day the hot water seems to have vanished. Plus there was no internet, which killed me inside. Got the train on Wednesday and chillin' with ma homies at home[O_o] till Friday/Saturday, haven't decided yet.

Well I've moved into my flat in aberdeen, enroled to robert gordon's.... I'm not sure when I'm meant to select my modules and stuff, my course starts in less than a week.

Well I've moved into my flat in aberdeen, enroled to robert gordon's.... I'm not sure when I'm meant to select my modules and stuff, my course starts in less than a week.

So hoping you were gonna go to Stirling Uni in the end.

Would of been good sort of knowing someone there :heh:

Just going into first year. :)

Which year are you in?

Where do you live in Glasgow?

Yeah ditto, first year for me as well. I'll be studying Politics woo :P

I live in the crosshill/queens park area :P

I tried adding you to msn, dunno if it worked or not.

Yeah ditto, first year for me as well. I'll be studying Politics woo :P

I live in the crosshill/queens park area :P

I tried adding you to msn, dunno if it worked or not.

Are you hitting the Union anytime this weekend?

A lot of people are going to university today, right? Good luck.

(I'm going a week today.)

I'm just going into my 2nd year at The University of Manchester and I'm doing BA (Econ) Business Studies and Sociology.

________

UGGS

Edited by the_mars_volta

I'm just going into my 2nd year at The University of Manchester and I'm doing BA (Econ) Business Studies and Sociology.

Long time no speak. Hows tricks?

Anyway. I am hoping to and from uni and home (:() and start lecturers on Tuesday (should be Monday but having to miss it). Been to a bit of freshers, and apart from Monday its just been average.

Starting my second year of uni in a week, mondays and tuesdays full day with a trip down to the language centre after tuesdays lessons for Japanese course from 5pm-9:30pm. Gunna be a really fun year. :) Anyone else taking a language as an additional course?

I would take Japanese if I could, but you can only a handful of European languages are available at the language centre.

...ah well, I'll continue self teaching it.

Starting my second year of uni in a week, mondays and tuesdays full day with a trip down to the language centre after tuesdays lessons for Japanese course from 5pm-9:30pm. Gunna be a really fun year. :) Anyone else taking a language as an additional course?

Yeah, they do language classes at Durham. I'm going to do Spanish. I'm going into my third (and final :() year by the way, can't wait to get back as it's doing my head in here and most of my mates have already gone back. Only 10 days to go though.

My first day back at uni was a 9-5, and I'm spending all weekend doing the work for it!

We also have Freshers and lectures on the same week, lame.

We also have Freshers and lectures on the same week, lame.

Same for me.

Anyway, I've spent ages trying to sort out really old my bike, which has ended up costing more than buying a new bike...

My first semester timetable looks awesome. Busy days Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday off, two lessons Thursday and Friday off. Which works out well because I don't have to change my hours at work, which was a concern.

Sign in to follow this