NEurope
Helmsly

Wii Firmware update: 3.0U/E

Taken from Neo GAF: (thanks to EphemeralDream )

Channels:

-Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar

-Forecast Channel now displays the current condition (cloudy, raining, etc.) directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box

-News Channel can now show 2 scrolling headlines at a time in the Wii Menu, 3 when you click on the button (supposedly this requires occasional downloading of the headlines to keep the ticker updated)

-Message Board now has the "Today's Accomplishments" message as a white message which allows it to stand out from other messages

-Address Book entries can now be shifted around using A+B (supposed to be a launch feature) but only to empty spaces. Not too convenient.

-Calendar in Message Board no longer shows "Today's Accomplishment" only days as having messages

-Scrolling messages in the Message Board now uses a different sound

Wii Shop Channel Overhauled (Visual aesthetic is the same, changes made to organization and browsing methods mostly)

-New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost (gone is the title screen bar that had linkable games). The title bar can be clicked on to bring up a list of 20 recommended games.

-Titles You've Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu

-New ways to browse

-Popular Titles (2 pages of 10 and includes launch games so not only based on recent info)

-Newest Additions remains the same

-Search for a title which can use partial names

-Search by Category

-System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each

-Publisher showing different publishers and amount of titles released (Nice logos!)

-Genre (different genres listed and amount of titles under each)

Settings

-Warning added pre-system update detailing that technically modified consoles may cease to function upon being updated. Also the only way to not accept an update is to power down the console by holding the button for 4 seconds (the user can't back out of hitting I Accept w/o powering down)

I am updating the system as i type this! why was there no message from Nintendo on the Wii Message board or something like that! i had to go to the system update option and do it that way like a fool! i have had wiiconnect24 up and running for the last hour as well and my wifi dongle kept saying the wii was connecting to the internet! I wanted to see the blue light!!!!

My Wii is updating right now. I hope they will still add some more SD card functionality in the future though.

I can't download it at the moment as I use WPA security for my wireless internet which is not compatiable with Wii at the moment... Hopefully, they'll add a WPA option soon, I haven't been able to use the Everybody Votes Channel for ages, I was participating in it and using it everyday I tell ya!

I can't download it at the moment as I use WPA security for my wireless internet which is not compatiable with Wii at the moment... Hopefully, they'll add a WPA option soon, I haven't been able to use the Everybody Votes Channel for ages, I was participating in it and using it everyday I tell ya!

I'd swear there is an option for WPA.

I'll download this when I'm at my Wii later. Did it take about the same length of time as the other updates?

I'll download this when I'm at my Wii later. Did i ttake about the same length of time as the other updates?

Really maybe I might've missed it, if there is, someone let me know how to reconfigure it to WPA, it'd be much appreciated. I've missed enough Everybody votes Channel polls!

I'll download this when I'm at my Wii later. Did i ttake about the same length of time as the other updates?

It took about 5 minutes here.

Must admit i like what they have done with the shop channel. I never really had a problem with it before but now the layout is just better and more appealing on the eye!

Sweet, it's downloading now. I would like increased SD functionality though...

Anyone checked to see if the swap trick still works to run NTSC cube games with freeloader?

I heard the Shop Channel was down for a few hours yesterday. It really was wishful thinking they would have a relevant update, but there it is. New and improved! I like the sound of it :D

I dont see any blue light, I wonder if Nintendo will send a message to the us. Last time there was an update, i didnt get the message till the day after. So who knows.

Apparently, the Wii menu boots up quicker after returning to it, that would be awesome. I hate how long it takes me to get back to it. Also, finally we get the weather straight in the menu!

I wonder when we get can play VC games straight from SD cards. If at all...

Anyway, nice update. Keep surprising us!

Edit: Also, bummer for the modders among us. Im glad i resisted the temptation!

Don't know if it is really part of the update or not but i noticed my wii shop channel loaded up a hell of alot quicker than normal. Will have to try it a few times though as it may just be a once off....

My Wii now fails to connect to the Internet after the upgrade, I've been using it online all morning. :blank:

Excellent update!

Channels seem to run even smoother now, the transition time is definitely quicker, glad they finally put a clock on the menu too. New Shop Channel layout is great, love how you can search by publisher and genre and that it shows how many games there are for each system.

I also noticed that my Wii switches off differently now (a lot faster). Before there used to be a delay of around 3 seconds with some disc drive activity before it went in to sleep mode, now it just goes straight in to it without any pause whatsoever, starts up a bit faster too. icon14.gif

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

Sounds like a good update, shame i don't have my Wii with me!

So why do I get a server error code when I try to connect to online channels?

YES YES YES YES DIGITAL CLOCK. BEST UPDATE EVER.

I don't like watches but I like to know the time.

Brilliant, the first update that's actually noticeable! :) It's useful to have a clock on the menu (although I'd have put one in when you press the Home button too), and finally, I can rearrange the names in my address book, putting the people I send messages more often near the front.

Still not perfect, but much better. I'm impressed!

Had to mess around with the internet settings but I'm downloading it.

The clock sounds like a good addition.

Brilliant, the first update that's actually noticeable! :) It's useful to have a clock on the menu (although I'd have put one in when you press the Home button too), and finally, I can rearrange the names in my address book, putting the people I send messages more often near the front.

Still not perfect, but much better. I'm impressed!

Mike, have you noticed a difference with how it switches off in to sleep mode?