NEurope

It was nice to see Blackest Night start to explain a bit more, the action issues are good but it definately needed the extra depth that this issue provided.

Ugh where the hell is my ultimate volume 5?! Just got an email from amazon saying the release has been delayed! Not cool as I wanted amazon to send both volume 4 and 5 so I can pretty much gorge myself...Volume 4 will just have to get sent separately.

Its release is at least 2 weeks away as it hasn't shown up on Previews yet (which it does about 1-2 weeks in advance) hmmm.

Should be soon though. It was solicited about 3 months ago now.

Iron Man was fucking great this week. Someone needs to make Matt Fraction write Tony Stark for the rest of his natural life.

Just had my Civil War trade delivered, not particularly happy as it turns out its one of those slightly larger graphic novels with the grey spines that Marvel sells. What annoys me even more is that Amazon had 2 different Civil War trades for sale on their site and they have mixed the front covers up so I thought the stupid grey one was the other one that I didnt buy.

I dont buy the grey ones, I prefer to get as many trades as I can in the same style. It makes my collection look weird, im still not happy about some of the others ive got which are too tall/wide etc.

mm...sorta fair enough I suppose. Bit anal but whatever! I was guilty of a similar pleasure in my uni days making sure all my Penguin Classics were the latest black sleeved paperbacks with nice red type.

TWD is superb this week as mentioned. That, Iron Man, Spider-Man and Daredevil have made this easily one of the most enjoyable weeks in comics in some time for me.

Next week it's Invincible, New Avengers, Dark Avengers (yeah?) and whatever else. Looking forward to that.

I hope that Worlds Most Wanted comes out in hardback as a complete set. I'd love a copy. I might get the Five Nightmares trade too. Fraction's Iron Man is, imo, the best Marvel series since the launch of New Avengers.

Right, just finished reading all my latest trades:

Green Arrow: Quiver

I really liked the mystery behind Green Arrows return and how for quite a while it just wasnt even mentioned, like nothing had ever happened. Explanation was pretty good aswell, tied in well with a scene from Final Night.

Green Arrow: Crawling Through the Wreckage

Interesting placement for Oliver Queen in this one but probably not the strongest Green Arrow story ive ever read, probably need to read the trades after it to get the full story.

Invincible Vol.10

Good but not exactly a brilliant trade. Not really one big arc this time and it did feel like two trades stuck together. Also re-reading these Invincible stories has made me realise that I just dont really like Oliver.

Civil War

......Damn that grey spined book!

I think I remember enjoying this more when it was single issues originally being released. As a whole story it doesnt actually feel like a whole lot happens.

Amazing Spider-Man: New Ways to Die

I read some of this in single issues and enjoyed it then aswell. Ive been pretty vocal about my dislike of One More Day but I have just been missing being able to read Spider-Man lately so ive gone against what I said and started buying the trades again. This was definately one of the best arcs from the Brand New Day era and JRJR is always awesome.

Edited by Happenstance

Next week it's Invincible, New Avengers, Dark Avengers (yeah?) and whatever else. Looking forward to that.

rs.

Dark Avengers was this week.

For the record everyone should be reading Scalped.

LOTS of critical acclaimedness.

Just watched the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies movie

Overall it was very good, I liked the mixing of Ed Mcguinness and Bruce Timm's art styles for the movie, thought it worked well...apart from Power Girl whos eyes were just too big. The voice acting was mostly good, a few of them did sound a bit dull but the important characters were fine.

The story was changed a bit from the graphics novel but not too much. One bit I did miss though was Nightwing and co's rescue attempt from the white house but I guess it wasnt really needed in this version.

HUMBERTO RAMOS Deadpool Cover. Made of sex.

33_DEADPOOL_TEAM_UP_898.jpg

What the

X-FORCE ANNUAL #1

Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN, CRAIG KYLE & CHRISTOPHER YOST

Art by JASON PEARSON & CARLO BARBERI

Cover by JASON PEARSON

Wolverine is sent into the heart of a Hydra base alone. His mission: like a needle in a haystack, he's tasked with bringing in one specific Hydra agent. But why? And what does this mission have to do with the dwindling mutant population and X-Force?

Plus, a NECROSHA BONUS FEATURE!! The Black Queen's forces are consuming Utopia. The X-Men and X-Force fight for their lives. And amid the chaos, a squad of resurrected Acolytes have come for the former White King of the Hellfire Club...Magneto. But what they find instead is much, much worse: DEADPOOL! The Merc With a Mouth (and Loa) joins the fight in 'UNDEADPOOL.'

40 pages /Parental Advisory…..3.99

Fuck yeah at Punisher and Captain America.

More solicits ; http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/102/1026656p1.html

Edited by ReZourceman

I like the artwork covers of GREEN LANTERN CORPS #43 and BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN #1.

and this cover:

blackest-night-superman-20090921113700025.jpg

500x_nickcage.jpg

A long time ago, Nicolas Cage started a fan war when he was selected to play Tim Burton's Superman in the final chapter of the boy from Krypton. Test pictures have leaked of the actor in the blue suit.

The movie's screenplay was written by Kevin Smith and eventually rewritten by Wesley Strick. The whole thing was set to film in 1999. But after spending loads of cash, the studio eventually dropped the movie, which centered on Superman's demise. This was a good thing, because as much as I enjoy a bad Nic Cage movie, with the yelling on every other emphasis, I don't think I could handle him as America's greatest hero.

http://io9.com/5364772/the-nic-cagetim-burton-superman-that-never-was

Oh my God, I hate Nicholas Cage.

Just read Invincible #66, good story but I found Cory Walkers art really distracting. I know you guys say he's gotten better over the years but I really didnt like it, especially on the first page.

Just read Invincible #66, good story but I found Cory Walkers art really distracting. I know you guys say he's gotten better over the years but I really didnt like it, especially on the first page.

I'm actually not a MASSIVE fan tbh. (I read the preview)

If you look at Ottleys new Allen, his muscles do look OTT, but they look AWESOME. Like it works.

The way Corey draws new Allen looks weird, the muscles look OTT.....but they look kinda ridiculous.

500x_nickcage.jpg

http://io9.com/5364772/the-nic-cagetim-burton-superman-that-never-was

Oh my God, I hate Nicholas Cage.

I'm so glad that never came to be. - although as some people have pointed out through that link it looks like a bad shop onto a figure.

Invincible 66: With the exception of one panel - I thought the latest issue looked fine, especially compared to last months which I couldn't stand. It was also a good issue, although wordy, it was a refreshing break from gore for gore's sake.

top panel after allen mentions the beard, when nolan is leaning towards the leader dude, wtf is up with his face.

Edited by Shorty