NEurope

Beta Ray Bill, and his trusty hammer, Stormbreaker. The coolest hammer in the Marvel universe.

who in the name of sweet zombie jesus is he? fucking MUA screen!

Oh man he's a fucking pimp. He's basically Horse God Thor. I don't know too much about him, but he's one of the cosmic pimps who hangs out in space. He's really cool though.

Look how cool his hammer is. You could actually buy this (replica...not to scale)

betabill.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Ray_Bill

My friend is actually considering going as him to the Christmas Super Hero Shindig.

Its still hard to stay with that book, the premise is interesting but the lack of character development on the heroes we follow does make it hard to bother caring at times when things happen to them.

Yeah I'm still not big on Irredeemable. Did you guys see the new series by Mark Waid (for Boom) (same universe as Irredeemable) Incorruptable. Its the opposite, so a previous villain who becomes a hero.

Anyway.

I am on volume 4 of Scalped now, and it is really really great. There is some cracking characters and even better dialogue, messages and great themes. Its awesome. Really it is. Volume 1 and 2 kind of set it up a lot though, so its a slow burner.

Because its so good, I picked up;

Wolverine Weapon X (the new series) by the same writer, and I simply love the front covers and the bad guys (three guesses why) :D

WolverineWeaponX4.jpg

And its really awesome. I recommend you guys read it, however you do that.

I am going to make custom heroclix models of one of em tomorrow.

Has anyone read 52, either while it was running or in trade? Just wondering if its worth picking up as I enjoyed Infinite Crisis and would like to see what happened afterwards.

I jokingly read the novelisation of 52, which basically cut out the crap and told Batwoman, Renee and Booster Gold's stories.

I think im still going to get at least the first trade, id like to read more of characters I dont know aswell past the main DC heroes and I think this will be a good way to. Plus the reviews ive read have been mostly positive.

Your not really a big DC fan anyway are you ReZ? After GL I mean.

Edited by Happenstance

Only because its shit. I get all the Green Lanterns, and I get Batman. Because they're both awesome, and don't feel old fashioned, and the art work is good.

Only because its shit. I get all the Green Lanterns, and I get Batman. Because they're both awesome, and don't feel old fashioned, and the art work is good.

I feel I should defend DC here as I am a fan now.......but im just so damn lazy

TBF I very much love the idea of their Elseworlds stuff (although I've not read much) and they have created some classic characters, and GL is AMAZING (largely because its not set in the DCU...lolz.) and Batmans good.

But Vertigo FTW.

I was gonna say something else too but can't remember.

As far as comic universes go id rate them Marvel, DC then Image (those being the only three I read). I wont bother adding elseworlds as that'll take too long.

Just read issue 3 and 4 of Batman and Robin.

So far this is good stuff and is definitely something I will keep reading on.

Im enjoying Batman and Robin so far, still not entirely sold on Damian but he isnt annoying me so im happy enough for him to stay as Robin for the time.

CBR hate Haunt #1

it sounds pretty dire. Chiefly because, from the sounds of things, McFarlane ruins Ottley's art. Sounds like Kirkman has been pressured in to writing like Mcfarlane too. Owch.

Just finished reading the first 52 trade and I loved it, definately gonna buy the other three as I wanna see where all the stories go.

Only part I didnt really like at the beginning was Booster Gold's story but even that managed to get more interesting later on.

So! Irredeemable #8

I know I'm probably the series' strongest advocate here but I really think this issue is the best yet. It just knocks it out the park. It's still not dealing in the bold strokes of the common comic book lexicon but there's so much character development here. It's a subtle book, and might seem unsatisfying to some, but I honestly think this is the best independent title going right now. It's an absolute masterpiece in every sense of the medium.

Turned my phone on earlier and had (baring in mind I'm really not that often texted about comics, apart from the comic shop owner) but had three texts from mates raving about how fucking awesome Haunt is.

Just read Haunt, so far id say its average, not good but not bad. I'll give it a few more issues before I make a proper decision.