NEurope

The kiss was certainly the most standout part, but everything looked very bold, the lines very thick and the blemishes on Mark's face a bit too... scratchy. This issue was out really fast wasn't it? Compared to Invincible's usual standard I mean.

The kiss was certainly the most standout part, but everything looked very bold, the lines very thick and the blemishes on Mark's face a bit too... scratchy. This issue was out really fast wasn't it? Compared to Invincible's usual standard I mean.

I think it might have been just 3 weeks. Or 4.

The usual 4 weeks? At one point Invincible was coming out every couple of months if you were lucky....

The usual 4 weeks? At one point Invincible was coming out every couple of months if you were lucky....

to be fair, Conquest has possibly been the best looking arc yet. Frankly, Ottley, Crabtree and FCO must be bending space/ time to produce art this good on such a tight schedule. It's phenomenal.

Does anyone know any good sites that do TPB reviews? I always seem to find single issue review sites and the occassional trade mixed in.

another good week for me

Deadpool, Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, Dark Avengers were all excellent :)

yeah seen that on the image forums a few weeks back it's interesting to see how far they've actually travelled :)

[Dr Elliot Reed]Heeeeey Comic Book Geeks![/Dr Elliot Reed]

Superhero Squad Preview

Awww, look how cuddly they are!

We finally get a show which seems to have a hell of a lot of Marvel characters in it that you dont always see........and its that :cry:

Why does it look like some shit flash animation?

Who the frak is the flying guy with red skin?

Been reading a lot of Batman issues lately after Arkham Asylum has got me back in the mood for them, enjoying it a lot so far, especially the stuff I missed with the Red Hood.

Also got 2 trades on the way. The Killing Joke and Year One, although im not looking forward to Year One as all older style art is crap, shouldnt even be called art really.

Yeah I think Judd Winnick does a great job on Batman, liked the Red Hood stuff a lot.

I've been reading Brubakers Daredevil, and it is so fucking good.

Ive never been able to get into Daredevil, tried a few times but I dont like the character at all

I would recommend dabbling in Brubakers run. Its from about 85-118/500 ish. Im upto 110 ish so far. The over arching theme is brilliant, I'm interested to see how it ends.

I just finished reading Final Crisis. Thats got to be one of the most confusing and poorly written/planned "events" I have ever read.

I understood the basic story of what was going on but after every issue it was like we had missed one. Now im sure that there were tie ins as with most events but they just seemed to leave out loads of really important information from the main title. Tie ins should always be a choice, not a mandatory read.

There are bits with Superman where he just disapears for 3 or more issues, Batman just appears from nowhere and no explanation, all the stuff at the end aswell with some new badguy who I never saw mentioned once until the last issue.

Now I really enjoyed Infinite Crisis so I know DC can do good events and Blackest Night is going pretty well so far but Final Crisis was just terrible IMO.

I just finished reading Final Crisis. Thats got to be one of the most confusing and poorly written/planned "events" I have ever read.

I understood the basic story of what was going on but after every issue it was like we had missed one. Now im sure that there were tie ins as with most events but they just seemed to leave out loads of really important information from the main title. Tie ins should always be a choice, not a mandatory read.

There are bits with Superman where he just disapears for 3 or more issues, Batman just appears from nowhere and no explanation, all the stuff at the end aswell with some new badguy who I never saw mentioned once until the last issue.

Now I really enjoyed Infinite Crisis so I know DC can do good events and Blackest Night is going pretty well so far but Final Crisis was just terrible IMO.

That because Batman was going to die in Batman RIP but had to be changed for Final Crisis storyline.

Still doesnt make sense with what happened:

One issue he has been captured then a couple of issues later he walks out from the shadows and shoots Darkseid with no explanation.

That because Batman was going to die in Batman RIP but had to be changed for Final Crisis storyline.

I'm pretty sure he was never going to "die" in RIP.