NEurope

Oh...what Invincible issues should I have read? Last I read, it was the aftermath of Conquest (I think). 65?

---

ReZ, seriously, I fucking hate teases.

Oh...what Invincible issues should I have read? Last I read, it was the aftermath of Conquest (I think). 65?

---

ReZ, seriously, I fucking hate teases.

Solicitations are fair game yo. If you don't want to see them, I'll spoiler tag them in future though.

And you'll click them.

Yeah read #66 and 67 yo.

I wasn't talking about the cover art...I was referring to ReZ's refusal to show us what his friend drew. :p

Did anyone read Deadpool #900

I've only read the first two pages so far, but the first story was by Jason Aaron (who you should all be reading Scalped, and Wolverine Weapon X like I suggested) and it had me lol on the first page, so thats good.

OK, seriously.

shield.jpg

This cannot be legal....

if you mean the Captain America link, the Shield actually predates Cap ;)

Oh man. Iron Man was so fucking cool! Best series of the year hands down by my book. Even Invincible and TWD have nothing on this one. Best writing, best art...It's absolutely fucking mint.

Gonna buy it in hardback asap. Rez! Find out when I can do that, you giant nerd :love:

I think its very soon, as I was talking about it at the comic shop a second ago and he said it was next month.

Just finished and yes it was god damn awesome.

I also....might know something.

There was this guy in the shop who knows a few people linked to Marvel, and he said his source sometimes jokes with him and sometimes tells him genuine things...he said that Norman Osborn has someone on his side in "Siege"

The person being

MarvelMan

Which if true is extremely interesting.

Invincible was....kinda meh. Bring on Ottley I say.

Yeah- Kirkman was on form as per, and it was nice going back to a less intense Invincible. In many ways it felt like older issues. Perhaps that was the point, but overall I think Ottley and Fco are just a way stronger team and suit the book perfectly

my only worry is that Ottley is now on 2 books and I'd hate to see him loose his edge on vince. Especially as Haunt is pretty shit (and doesn't look like Ottley at all.

I think you were way too harsh on Haunt. Its good!

Plus look at Ottleys cover for issue 2.

C'mon!

Haut_2_cover_by_WyA.jpg

Started catching up with Uncanny X-Men, really love the team/situation at the moment.

Not sure why no one really cares Emma is carrying Sentry's Void on her forehead.

Poor Marrina. She's never had an easy time.

Im with Dan, I dont think Haunt is a particularly good comic

We shouldn't really have expected much from McFarlane- he's the first name in retarded juvenile 'dark' comics.

Started catching up with Uncanny X-Men, really love the team/situation at the moment.

Not sure why no one really cares Emma is carrying Sentry's Void on her forehead.

Poor Marrina. She's never had an easy time.

Nation X is shaping up really nicely. I'm a little concerned that the X-Men might have 'peaked' in Dark Reign now and won't really get a look in on Siege. I don't suppose it's a huge deal (it is, after all, an Avengers event) but the X-men are big hitters and they should get their time in the spotlight.

Im with Dan, I dont think Haunt is a particularly good comic

We shouldn't really have expected much from McFarlane- he's the first name in retarded juvenile 'dark' comics.

Nation X is shaping up really nicely. I'm a little concerned that the X-Men might have 'peaked' in Dark Reign now and won't really get a look in on Siege. I don't suppose it's a huge deal (it is, after all, an Avengers event) but the X-men are big hitters and they should get their time in the spotlight.

Guys come on, theres been one issue.

----

Regarding X-Men, the last few issues have been AWESOME. Not even Greg Land could ruin them!

Also, Dan they have their own event around Siege/or just after "The Second Coming"

Oh yeah, Hope's coming back isn't she? lovely.

That's the thing though - x events always seem so self contained.

and yes, the last few issues have been amazing. Land is a fuckwad though- did you see the way he posed that woman in the Mystery Evil People bit with Scalphunter? Proper funny/ the death of talent.

The assassins at the start of that issue looked fucking weird. They all had black outlines so they looked like they were just copied and pasted in (not surprising).

I also hate how he can't draw Storm for shit. I think it's the lack of eyes. All his women look the same, but whether or not they looks strange/out of place/pasted in, they've mostly got attractive faces (out of context). He can't get her hair right.

Also, he draws women with "action figure" hair a lot of time. Huge, and sort of perpetually caught by the wind. It looks fucking weird.

So I caught up with Mighty Avengers

It's actually pretty good. It's not like New Avengers in that it's a bit more of a fantasy book, there's less stuff to do with Dark Reign going on and the lineup is certainly...weird. I like the characters though, and giving Hank Pym the leadership of the team was inspired. I'll be following the rest regularly I think.

of course, the book may well end up coming to a close by February anyway...

(and by that I mean siege is going to restructure the Avengers publishing family in the same way Avengers Disassembled, Civil War and Secret Invasion all did.)

I reckon we might see Dark and New continuing. With the addition of The Avengers.

The Avengers (practically confirmed after this years FCBD)

Dark Avengers (probably renamed....maybe not, but Normans main book...assuming he survives)

New Avengers (same line up mostly. Street level stuff as opposed to The Avengers)

Hmmmm. They said major shake ups though. It'll interesting thats for sure.