NEurope

But obviously I can see the appeal to people like you.

Me-ow. Kitty likes to scratch.

Did read some random person's notion earlier than the much rumoured Apple tablet could be the future (well, I think "start" in their opinion) of digital comics as the screen is big enough to fit a whole page in without squishing and zooming and stuff. Interesting, but obviously we'd have to wait for a more reasonable priced copycat comes along.

And at least that X-Men motion comic bothered hiring a female voice rather than the horrible Watchmen one.

Edited by Ashley

Invincible 7 onwards --> OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

WHEN DOES THE AWESOMENESS STOP!?

I hate the concept of Super-Speed.

I believe Invincible, as a comic, would be much much better if he didn't have super speed. It's too powerful, and therefore you never feel he's in any danger, or anyone around him is in any danger, since he can just fly and save them really quickly.

It's just generally less fun.

---------

I love the joke in Invincible 10, when he's talking to the writer of Science Dog. Obviously because he got loads of complaints that in one of the earlier issues he had 2 pages of Mark just sleeping, and wasting paper.

I believe Invincible, as a comic, would be much much better if he didn't have super speed. It's too powerful, and therefore you never feel he's in any danger, or anyone around him is in any danger, since he can just fly and save them really quickly.

---------

I love the joke in Invincible 10, when he's talking to the writer of Science Dog. Obviously because he got loads of complaints that in one of the earlier issues he had 2 pages of Mark just sleeping, and wasting paper.

The speed is dealt with in a realistic way though, like making a deal of how people can't breathe when he carries them whilst going too fast.

And generally his speed isn't enough to stop the good baddies.

Me-ow. Kitty likes to scratch.

:( Noooo not like that. People like him meaning the reasons he listed (he couldn't care less about owning a phyiscal copy etc)

Invincible 7 onwards --> OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

WHEN DOES THE AWESOMENESS STOP!?

Ah, it does not stop. The awesomeness only gets more intense. To the point where the lack of awesomeness for one month gets too much to bare whilst at the same time giving you a reason to live.

I think we should have a knee meet just for people who adore Invincible.

This would be amazing. We all have to act out the entire storyline. Bagsy Angstrom.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I finished it. The awesomeness has stopped. I need MOAR!

Volume 2

Volume 3 (£19.49)

Volume 4 (amazing amazing) £22 ish (I think) from Overstock.com

or

£22 from Amazon

Volume 5 Amazon Pre-Order, out 15th September (apparently...I'll confirm this for sure tomorrow/Weds when Diamond updates their shipping list for 15th Sept) for £16.89.

---------

The speed is dealt with in a realistic way though, like making a deal of how people can't breathe when he carries them whilst going too fast.

And generally his speed isn't enough to stop the good baddies.

Aye, and unlike Superman, Invincibles enemies can take him (well some can) and his friends and family aren't immune....

Epic.

I think the super speed is handled fine. The only thing I find strange is that, if you were capable of moving that fast, you'd surely never get hit because your reflexes are that high.

in other news: Deadpool just hit new heights. I know I'm a week late but I've had no internets. Absolutely hilarious.

Iron Man remains Marvel's best series by country miles of not inconsiderable number. Great stuff.

I think the super speed is handled fine. The only thing I find strange is that, if you were capable of moving that fast, you'd surely never get hit because your reflexes are that high.

in other news: Deadpool just hit new heights. I know I'm a week late but I've had no internets. Absolutely hilarious.

Iron Man remains Marvel's best series by country miles of not inconsiderable number. Great stuff.

I read the two Deadpools this week. The latest issue was piss hilarious.

"Break their arms....

Deal.

Kill them."

LOL!

yeah Deadpool is quickly becoming my favourite comic

the bit where he hallucinates Captain America and Deadpool says "Hey you can't be... Ed killed that guy!" reference to Brubaker I assumed ;)

yeah Deadpool is quickly becoming my favourite comic

the bit where he hallucinates Captain America and Deadpool says "Hey you can't be... Ed killed that guy!" reference to Brubaker I assumed ;)

Yeah that was amazing. Paco Medina is one of my favourite artists too. Adore. Deadpool has been ridiculously consistent.

ah but super speed does not mean super reflexes ;)

but if you can move at super speed it implies an ability to control it, too. Sadly, you don't see The Flash twatting himself in to walls regularly.

I believe the current technical term for Deadpool is 'piss funny'. That bit where he 'blends in' in San Fransisco had me doubled over choking with laughter. I went in to shock.

and God knows where that last line is taking the series. I can't wait.

Green Arrow: Year One

I really enjoyed this, has definately put me in the mood to read some more Green Arrow trades, ive heard one that Kevin Smith wrote is very good.

Very nice art and a good origin story for a character that before this, never really interested me that much.

THIS IS A DAN-DARE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT. KICK-ASS ISSUE SEVEN IS OUT AND IS A BIT FUCKING WICKED.

Thank you for your time.

A bit?? It's fuckingly fucking wicked, loved the end, buuut...the down stairs electrocution *Shudder*

X-Men Exodus: Ending was wonderful, not gonna say anything though for folk who haven't read it.

It's brilliant ay?

Exodus was also fantastic. Proper dust down battle royal. My only complaint is that my favourite Dark Avenger 'Mrs Marvel' didn't get much of a look in. A small sacrifice for such a good, large scale action issue though. Particularly liked Warren and Namor stepping up like they did.

And Scott. What a character he is in the hands of a good writer. Wolverine might be the more popular character with fans (God knows why) but Cyclops is such a great X-Man.

Ok is Moonstone known as Mrs Marvel on the Dark Avengers team and I just missed it or are you just getting confused with Ms Marvels name?

Ms it is. I r being retarded.

Either way, she's brilliant. I love the way she craves Norman's approval. Daddy issues and she can punch a skyscraper in half ;)

Its a shame they used her big fight with Rogue in X-Men Legacy, or even just had a rematch in Exodus because it twas pretty cool

Ive only just started reading it myself, just one issue before this whole Dark Avengers/X-Men thing started which dealth with Rogues powers and then these. I am enjoying it though, I always liked Rogue and Gambit, plus there is Professor X and Danger in there aswell.