NEurope

Yeah I thought I had missed an issue at the beginning, with The Face explaining himself. Heck I'm still not even certain that I havn't. *Checks*

Nope definitely havn't missed any.

Wolf Man was really, really good. I've not always totally dug the book like Kirkman's other flagships but this issue had it all. Art was a particular notch up, and the way he teamed up with that robot was quality. Kind of a shame the series is ending, but I'm fairly confident that the character is far from retired. He's a great part of the wider Invincible cast.

Bendis talks about the end of Dark Reign, The Avengers and other Cool Stuff.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=video&show_id=174531

This could be interesting:

Superman could be making an appearance in the movie adaptation of DC Comics series Green Lantern.

Ain’t It Cool reports that a "pretty reliable" source passed on the information, along with news that Jackie Earle Haley is to play the part of villain Sinestro in the Warner Bros-produced film.

However, a Superman cameo is said to be dependent on how other DC projects progress.

Haley is already familiar to comic book fans, having played Rorschach in Watchmen. He will next appear on the big screen in the role of Freddie Krueger in the upcoming remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Green Lantern, directed by Martin Campbell and starring Ryan Reynolds in the title role, is slated to arrive in cinemas on June 17, 2011.

Taken From Digital Spy

I love Sinestro- and how nobody thought a guy with Sinister in his name could be a badguy :heh:

ah the tracer strikes again :)

seriously how can this guy keep getting work?

I suppose it's cause he's able to get his shit out on time all the time due to the fact he's only a tracer

I'm not convinced either of those are traces. Plenty are, sure, but those? The Osborn one particularly- a man with short hair in a suit grinning is obviously going to look close but I'm not sure that's a trace.

And that shot of Iron Man from the film is very standard Iron Man in a very standard pose. I'm sure it's come up plenty of times before people started looking for trace work from Land.

His crimes are numerous and grave. He very nearly ruins one of the best books in Marvel on a page by page basis every month and he should be blacklisted for being a cheap, boring hack, but I'm not convinced those two are why.

edit: lols @ Spidy copping a feel.

The Iron Man one is but I dont think the Obama/Osborn one is, the arms are wrong and the head tilt isnt there.

Ive now finished reading all of 52 and I really enjoyed it. It maybe wasnt as good near the end but as a whole series I thought it was great. Made me a lot more interested in DC and other characters that I hadnt really paid attention to before now.

Awesome Ottley drawing:

179.jpg

Over at Major Spoilers theyve got a poll going on who they think would win this battle, Invincible or Superboy Prime.

Obviously its hard to tell power levels in different universes but id go with Superboy Prime, just because of the amount of damage Invincible and other Viltrumites seem to take when they fight more powerful badguys.

aye but...When does Superman or whoever ever fight anyone of comparable strength? The cool thing about Viltrumite combat is that it's like a punch up between humans, only on this grand, brutal scale. I think if Superman fought Superman (and the artists/ writers had the stones to do it right) then the results would be the same as Vince vs Conquest.

Well we have seen Superman Vs Superman before and Supermen Vs Superboy Prime. Plus Superboy Prime is pre-crisis strength so thats planet moving, something I cant see Viltrumites doing.

hm, well I don't know much about him tbh.

Kinda pointless argument anyway- although seeing as Omni Man was meant to be a parody of Superman in the first place...

hm, well I don't know much about him tbh.

Kinda pointless argument anyway- although seeing as Omni Man was meant to be a parody of Superman in the first place...

Not argument....nerdy discussion. Which of course is what this thread was created for in the first place :p

To be honest, infinite crisis, final crisis etc they're all nonsense and some of the multiverse characters are so crappy. Crisis on Infinite Earths was written as a way to ultimately simplify the DC universe leaving you with single storylines and continuities, but in the end and with final crisis etc its all just gotten more complicated and silly.

For me the only DC comics worth reading are the trades which fall completely outside the current continuity - the big Batman arcs, Superman elseworld stories, Birthright and All Star for example. with the exception of a few from Byrne's era such as "Death of" and perhaps the current Blackest Night.

Also Superboy Prime would flatten Invincible :/ he could just melt him from space with his heat vision. He has silver-age powers which essentially makes him like the stupid superman of early comics who could blow out stars.

I would have used to have agreed with you on DC but I enjoy it a lot more now that ive taken the time to really delve more into the history. I really liked Infinite Crisis and the rebirth of the multiverse. Final Crisis however was pure cack, but then that wasnt really about the multiverse, more the invasion on Earth until the end when it all went weird and you had to read about 20 different books to understand everything.

You just whisper "Void" to him and he flies off like a little girl.

I dont like Sentry in the Marvel universe, hes too powerful and writers just dont seem to be able to write for him. He is either missing from battles or taken out of them really quickly with something to do with the void.

I loved him vs Namor though:

"You think you can take me?"

"I'll certainly try, you gibbering schizoid."

I fucking love Namor. He's such a massive cockend. :)

Sentry does have the 'Flash problem" but I think the best writers have a handle on him. Bendis, obviously, and Fraction. They both understand how to use him. He's particularly good in Dark Avengers.

It's ironic, but considering he has "the power of a million exploding suns", he'll always be more interesting when there's no fighting to be done.

Mike just gave me the first (non-coloured) completed pages of Cast.

...........................................Literally so good it hurts.

Mike just gave me the first (non-coloured) completed pages of Cast.

...........................................Literally so good it hurts.

?!?!?!?!?!

Link/show me now bitch.