N-Europe

Virtua Fighter 5 is really awful. Cant use depth excuse to cover up bad games.

Choze

What is wrong with SEGA? Also why did this game score so high? It feels so lifeless.

I enjoyed Tekken Dark Ressurection and Mortal Kombat 2 on PSN alot so i thought why not try out VF5 due to high reviews. To my surprise the game is awful. It may be deep, not due to the amount of moves but fighting techniques. None of my friends liked the game for multiplayer. Not surprising since its duller than dull can be. The graphics are pretty, presentation is slick but its so boring. I am glad most games arent like this. Sometimes i suppose depth means boring to game makers and reviewers?

I am glad Wii is successful as if this(Vf5) is what game critics and developers think is quality then count me out.

If you have a PS3 avoid this and get Tekken Dark Ressurection for a small fraction of the price. It will also have online added very soon. Ignore the reviews. Its a fun game and you will keep playing it unlike Vf5 which is aimed at a tiny minority of gamers.

My cousin, who is a big fan of fighting games, doesn't like the VF series either. He said the controls were set on too few buttons and the move variety was poor.

I haven't played it, but I will when it hits the 360. It is too well recieved to ignore.

Is it in any way similar to DOA,which I don't really like, but my cousin does.

Is it similar

So Choze your saying ignore people who write this reviews for a living and trust you who frankly in my opininon has the shittest taste in games ever. :blank:

Why get it on PS3 when the 360 version has online, better gameplay, better graphics, basically everything has been improved cause it is the Arcade version C while the PS3 version is B.

I own this on the PS3 and I think its great. I have always loved the VF series ever since I played the 1st one on the Sega Saturn. The only bad version of the series was probably VF3 on the Dreamcast.

I wouldnt say that the VF series is bad at all its just an aquired taste. You cant really go in button bashing as the A.I will tan you, you have to think about the way you attack. Its like last night I was playing and I was El Blaze and the computer was Sarah Bryant I got beat many times over until I changed my tactics and this was on the easiest seting.

The series is definetly more for hardcore fighters and Choze is right in saying that Tekken is better for its pick up and play aspect. I will be getting Tekken from the PSN as soon as it goes online.

Is it in any way similar to DOA,which I don't really like, but my cousin does.

Is it similar

Not really.

DoA is alot faster than VF and also DoA is very heavy on the reversals.

I was going to get this along with the ps3 if i don't like it then i'l sell it and buy somethin else.

Why not get it on 360 with online and achievements? Or are you getting a PS3 before Oct 30 or whenever we get VF5?

So Choze your saying ignore people who write this reviews for a living and trust you who frankly in my opininon has the shittest taste in games ever. :blank:

Why get it on PS3 when the 360 version has online, better gameplay, better graphics, basically everything has been improved cause it is the Arcade version C while the PS3 version is B.

Yeah VF5 is better on 360. Irrelevant to my discussion however. VF5 needs to be a new game in order to be fun. I am glad Wii is successful. All the Mario Party haters can go cry at the game and say its a rehash etc. but at the end of the day it craps all over VF5 as a game/entertainment. Games are entertainment first and foremost. I think magazines and the boys clubs(also Nintendo ones) have lost sight of that. Thankfully Wii is bringing the focus back.

I am not saying ignore reviews but i dont like the crowd that say games like Mario Party are bad and then go on to rate games like Vf5 as great when its something hardly anyone will enjoy. Whatever happened to subjectivity? Both games can be fun with different groups but i guess only elitist boys club opinion has to prevail.

No doubt alot of the games this year getting 9's etc. are going to be boring to play.

I do have to agree about the Virtua fighter series in general. It is so slow. while it may be very technical so is street fighter 3 but that just plain kicks ass while whis is just slow and boring rubbish. DOA and tekken are way better even though im not mad on either.

It's a brilliant game. It's completely for fighting fans though. And MK2? Pfft, it sucks balls...I don't think much of your taste in Fighters...it seems like you gave VF5 a try and decided it sucked because you either couldn't figure out how do use any of the moves or because you like shitty, shallow and incredibly tedious fighters like MK.

• 4 months later...

dont know what your talking about but this game is the best fighting game in my opinion oke not the best after smashbros its the best

no fighting game has so many moves then in Virtua fighter the only thing this game misses is a Story mode with cutscenes stuff like that but i dont care i just play it to fight online ( on 360 ) and with friends

dont know what your talking about but this game is the best fighting game in my opinion oke not the best after smashbros its the best

no fighting game has so many moves then in Virtua fighter the only thing this game misses is a Story mode with cutscenes stuff like that but i dont care i just play it to fight online ( on 360 ) and with friends

Smash bros is a button bashing beat-em-up. Not a fighter.

Smash bros is a button bashing beat-em-up. Not a fighter.

Haha. What ignorance. I suppose that's the reason Smash Bros Melee was featured at Evo2K this year; only the worlds biggest fighting tournaments. Smash Bros stands alongside Street Fighter and Guilty Gear as one of the best examples of 2D fighters. Some of the worlds pro players are seriously at a frightening skill level.

Evolution Tournament

And Choze, it's quite funny how you call VF5 lifeless, and then create a thread essentially masturbating over new screens of Gran Turismo. Like. What the fuck is up with that?

VF5 is a great fighter. It's slow yes, but god it's fantastic once you get into it. I'd say SF is better though (imo).

Smash is not a button basher at all. It's the most in depth fighter I've ever played. Seriously, if you're dissing smash and saying it's a button basher or you're calling VF5 you should either:

1. Not play fighting games.

2. Only play smash with items against noobs.

And yes, Mortal Kombat sucks ass and it always will. It's so inferior to SF in EVERY way. It's only heard of cos of the blood and the fatalities.

There ought to be an heretic-icon somewhere in this here forum. :heh:

Nah, just kidding. I really, really like VF5, and have owned all the previous VF'ers bar 4. Yes, even VF Remix on Saturn. :wink: Loved them all! VF5 is easily the best fighter IMO.

VF is such an acquired taste, though. It's easy to see why some people don't like it. I, for one, don't like games like Gran Turismo or Forza. But that doesn't make them bad games. They aren't exactly the definition of 'accessibility'.

It's OK not to like VF. If you dare say the same about Super Mario Galaxy, though, only Hell awaits... :wink: