jammy2211

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Captain Falcon
Do they even have a European office/HQ?

Yeah they set one up when they bought out Atari Europe earlier this year, though they need to pull their finger out if they are to reach the status of a top 5 publisher - even if the plan is over 5 years.

^ This. Now Tales of Graces has been announced why would we care about an inferior sequel to one of the best Gamecube RPG's?
Because Tales of Graces will still take a while and hey... This should give you your Tales fix for the time being.
Very nice boxart. Im still hoping for a Oct-Nov release, Namco really need to get their fingers out. Do they even have a European office/HQ?
They just purchased Atari's... so now they do.

In case anyone is unaware, you can pre-order this for £24.99 on Play, it's been that price for a while, I'm thinking it's a lower price as compensation for having ti wait so long or something :heh: but best put a pre-order in early just in-case they decide to sneakily bump the price up.

This is definetly one game i'm looking for Wii, Cube version was top-notch so i expect same kind of AAA from this one :)

While I do think if you enjoyed the orginal you should still get this one, I think you might need to lower your expectations a bit else you'll be very disappointed.

It is a good game for what it is but it is not as good as the 1st i'm afraid

^ Well, the battle system is definitely a huge improvement, and one you might miss if you ever go back.

In fact, if Vesperia is just a Tales of the Abyss 1.1 down to the flex range linear motion battle system... (who by it's turn was a improvement over ToS Multi-Line system) then Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World should be considered TotA 1.5 and should take the cake.

They brought over a Team Destiny battle programmer that, by it's turn brought over the aerial battle system to a Team Symphonia'ish game; and Team Destiny battle systems have been regarded as better for years now. (Tales of Graces is a Team Symphonia game, incidentally)

Of course, the lack of polish still shows, the darned game does have a tenfold of loadings when Tales of Symphonia had none, the engine is badly optimized and ported over from the PS2 (which is just ridiculous when the very same engine was programmed originally for the Gamecube) and we could go on, and on and on. But it still has some juice going for it.

Anyway, regarding this... I actually have screencapped the first hour and a half of the game, and I could post it now, but I'll most likely wait for the countdown to the game's launch to unleash them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...