NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

This is awesome news. Matt was right after all :D. I hope we get some screenshots soon.

More details:

160140_1.jpg

All right, details are little sketchy at the moment because we don't have better quality scan yet, but in latest Famitsu, Namco has announced four new "Tales of" games:

- Tales of Symphony 2: Knights of Ratatosk (Wii)

- Tales of Innocence (DS)

- Tales of Rebirth (PSP, port of PS2 game)

- Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut (unknown platform, probably PS2)

I don't really know what to say, because it is obvious that Namco is oversaturating market w ith Tales of games. And only two of them are actually new. :hmm:

Thanks go to Neogaf users Aokage and King Zell.

It's good to see that the new games are for nintendo ^_^

Breaking news from Neogaf:

At today's Tales press conference, the series producer announced that the Nintendo DS will be the lead platform for the Tales series going forward.

Why? Because the Tales series means:

- "A drama containing deep themes"

- "Sounds and visuals that showcase anime FMV, theme songs and voice"

- "The unique Linear Motion Battle System"

...and the DS is "more than capable of this Tales-ness"

Thanks go to neogaf user Aokage.

I agree. Why didn't they just speak the truth? Which is, "The DS is selling like hot cakes, so we want a piece of the pie."

More details:

160140_1.jpg

All right, details are little sketchy at the moment because we don't have better quality scan yet, but in latest Famitsu, Namco has announced four new "Tales of" games:

- Tales of Symphony 2: Knights of Ratatosk (Wii)

- Tales of Innocence (DS)

- Tales of Rebirth (PSP, port of PS2 game)

- Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut (unknown platform, probably PS2)

I don't really know what to say, because it is obvious that Namco is oversaturating market w ith Tales of games. And only two of them are actually new. :hmm:

Thanks go to Neogaf users Aokage and King Zell.

Namco has been doing that for awhile. Some recent moves by Namco:

-Porting Tales of Symphonia for PS2;

-Remaking Tales of Destiny for PS2;

-Porting Tales of Phantasia for PSX, GBA and PSP;

-Porting Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Eternia to PSP.

Tales of Innocence: To my knowledge, Tales of Tempest was a huge letdown, so let's just hope that this game recovers.

Tales of Symphonia 2: Not much to sat except :yay:

I agree. Why didn't they just speak the truth? Which is, "The DS is selling like hot cakes, so we want a piece of the pie."

Agreed, they are a business afterall.

Tales of Symphonia 2 is great news and doubt keep many a fan on here happy :)

Can someone give me a summary of what Tales of Symphonia is like? I've heard it's very good, but don't know jack about it!

Can someone give me a summary of what Tales of Symphonia is like? I've heard it's very good, but don't know jack about it!

Basically its an RPG that is fucking awesome.

This is brilliant news I really have to finish the first one now I just can't remember what I've got to do next in it.

Great news! Tales of Symphonia is one of the best RPG's I've played. It's interesting that Tales of Symphonia contains things from norse mythology, e.g. the world tree Yggdrasil. What's even more interesting is that Ratatosk is a special squirrel that lives in the world tree, spreading gossip, and bringing insults between the eagle at the top of the tree, and the serpent Nidhogg at the bottom.

it's an rpg with an good battle system that is let down by a terrible story and characters. And I mean terrible

I actually liked the story on ToS. It was a little confusing, but it's great playing it a second time through knowing all the plot twists. It's great to play it with 2 or 3 people, I found that the computer did much better with Raine (think that was her name, the healer either way) than me or my bro did. We'd just started our 2nd playthrough when my bro took it off to uni. :weep:

I may be heading to ebay or gameseek (both of which should have copies of it), 'cos I've been looking for a game to play for a while. (well, ever since I finished stafox adventures)

I'm surprised we havn't got a translation of the scn yet :P

But OMFG...best news for a long time. My favourite RPG ever.

But OMFG...best news for a long time. My favourite RPG ever.
Supposedly takes place 2 years after ToS, but main character is not Lloyd.

Also:

Ratatosk is a red squirrel who runs up and down with messages in the world tree Yggdrasill and spreads gossip. In particular he ferried insults between the eagle at the top of Yggdrasill, and the dragon Níðhöggr beneath its roots.

Let the speculation begin.

Oh yeeaaahs!

Now, shouldn't they translate tempest?

I doubt it, don't count on it. (it was made by studio Dimps and sold like 100.000 in Japan).

I they where to do that I'd rather have Destiny 2, Rebirth, etc translated for a console I own :D

Do you think nintendo will offer to do the localization on KoR (or is the abbreviation ToS2) if namco bandi don't like with the origninal

this is awsome news better than anything we heard all of last week in my opinion

I had an orgasm when I read it.Though I am displeased the main character isn't Llyod.I swear to Jebus that Lloyd and co better be in it or else the name of "Tales of Symphonia 2" is a lie.

PSP > WII :blank:

h-103_75629_5001.jpg.jpg

h-103_75629_5002.jpg.jpg

what this supposed to mean, was it a mistranslation and actually intended for the psp

what this supposed to mean, was it a mistranslation and actually intended for the psp

It looks like it should be on the PSP.