NEurope
conzer16

Coco Pops

I love coco pops, only trouble is that they go soggy quickly. I've liked them better since they changed the recipe

You fuckers! You're forgetting the simple solution, which I've been doing with Frosties and Frosted Wheats, and Sugar Puffs.

You slam in the milk, use your spoon to make sure milk has engulfed each of the bits. Then drink the milk, the remaining cereal will be slightly moist, but will not be soggy, you can take your time munching and crunching without the fear of it going soggy on you.

Now I will hold my hand up and proudly state that I love Coco Pops!

I absolutely adore them. Coco Pops are one of my vices, one of the few things I truly enjoy. I have just eaten a bowl of the beautiful little things and as I was munchiong my way through them, something struck me.

It struck me quite hard.

They have changed them ever so slightly. I know!!! I can't believe it???!! They must have changed the recipe slightly because they are making more of a popping sound rather than the usual crunch - and I for one am horrified...

Why change a perfectly good recipe?? Why are food makers intent on doing this to our beautiful little treats the whole time? Be it the name, the recipe or the taste...

Why whould they change it? That old mantra hold true doesn't it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think I'll have another bowl now.

In order to confirm my suspicions of course...

I haven't noticed any difference, but sometimes it feels like that. I love Coco pops too. My best recipe is:

- Level out cocopops in a bowl.

- pour milk in so that the top pops are half exposed in the air.

- wait for 3 and half minutes.

- stir a few times

- eat.

The crunchy-pops are still there, but also the chocolaty juice and soft-ish pops are also there. They provide a contrast of texture and flavour, delicately balanced and full-bodied.

The worst thing to do is eat it immediately. You might as well throw in a handful of cocopops into your mouth and have a sip of milk. Ewww! Likewise leaving it in milk for too long, it all gets soggy.

Enjoying a bowl of Coco Pops is an intricate & exquisite piece of art, which only a few privileged people manage to discover. Timing is everything.

Ooh, forgot to mention - as anyone in one of the latter two conference chats ought to know, I recently made some kick-ass Rice Krispie Squares.

The worst thing to do is eat it immediately.

I say it's the best thing to eat them immediately.

Haha.. remember when the changed to name to Choco Krispies or something? So much outcry that they had to change it back..

Anyway, I'm in a Crunchy Nut Cornflakes zone at the minute, though Coco Pops are very nice too. Someone mentioned Frosted Shreddies, something you have put me in the mood for..

I tell you what I did hate. When they change the name to choco krispies. I phoned up that voting line at least 50 times to get it changed back to coco pops, choco krispies was just wrong. I'd really love them to bring back banana bubbles though, it was just a banana version of coco pops, for banana milkshake lovers.

I haven't noticed any difference, but sometimes it feels like that. I love Coco pops too. My best recipe is:

- Level out cocopops in a bowl.

- pour milk in so that the top pops are half exposed in the air.

- wait for 3 and half minutes.

- stir a few times

- eat.

The crunchy-pops are still there, but also the chocolaty juice and soft-ish pops are also there. They provide a contrast of texture and flavour, delicately balanced and full-bodied.

You make it sound as if it's a battered sausage or something.

I tell you what I did hate. When they change the name to choco krispies. I phoned up that voting line at least 50 times to get it changed back to coco pops, choco krispies was just wrong. I'd really love them to bring back banana bubbles though, it was just a banana version of coco pops, for banana milkshake lovers.

Hell yes.. I used to love those and then they disappeared. I remember some advert for them, think it involved a little bubble gun or something that you could send tokens away for or something?

Also on a cereal related note, I remember when I was really young that I wanted something from Rice Krispies and so I had a token and made about 7 others using cardboard and felt-tip pens.. was worth a shot :blank:

I did quite like Caramel Flavour Coco Pops as well. It was great, because in the adverts they just sang "'Cos we'd rather have a bowl of caramel flavour Coco Pops" and it always sounded wrong.

What I wanna know is why have they changed the slogan!?

"Coco Pops and milk make a bowl full of fun" can, to put it mildly, suck my balls, bring back "we'd rather have a bowl of coco pops"!

They've made it worse by having little shits sing it. With the tired soundbite of a girl laughing.

What I wanna know is why have they changed the slogan!?

They've changed the slogan????

Why???

It better still have that monkey in the adverts.

They've changed the slogan????

Why???

It better still have that monkey in the adverts.

Fraid not Cube, just a bowl full of Coco Pops making there way from the packet around the kitchen and into the bowl, it's fucking awful!

You make it sound as if it's a battered sausage or something.

BATTERED SAUSAGE deserves its own thread.

So they've removed the crackle from the mix, added more pop and changed the slogan. Those bastards!

Frankly I've always thought Coco Pops and there ilk are for soft fancy lad sissys. Real men eat the likes of Grape Nuts, which has the consistency of gravel and on repeated munchings gives calluses on your tongue, or a cauldron of porridge thick enough to use as cement and which will stave off hunger for 10 days. Now that's what I call a breakfast!

I say bring back Lucky Charms!

Lucky Charms were great. You could spend hours just picking all the marshmallow bits out of a box. Ah, the good old days...

Can get lucky charms for about 7 quid from a shop in town... Well my town at least.

Can get lucky charms for about 7 quid from a shop in town... Well my town at least.

Really? I haven't seen them since I last went to America. I know some places do import them, but you need a freeloader bowl and spoon...

I'm serious, though, I've found websites where you can import American foods.

I'm so going to have some more cereals now after reading this thread.

I cannot live without breakfast in the mornings.. I like die inside if I don't have breakkie.

I love cereals, but change is good. For example, Pan au chocolats or croissants or porridge, or crumpets or pikelets or toast or a bacon sandwich mmmmmmmmm

Crunchy Nut FTW!

Coco Pops For The Win

Crunchy Nut For The Win

Honey Nut Cheerios For The Win

That is all I need to say.